Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 370478 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #18840 on: March 25, 2009, 10:05:11 AM »
My son will wear a badge for the "play" that he must make out of construction paper which is intended to define his character as the "Fart Police."  Much of the program is about an errant fart, which gets lost.

I am at a loss to see what set of principles they are presenting to our kids with this wave of insanity.

FUCKK!  I don't even let my kids say, "What the ..."  at our house. "What the" is a bad word in my house. I want to challenge them to find better ways of expressing their thoughts than what they see on television, which we don't use, but they see some of television's poison garbage every time they visit a "friend."  Every time they come home spouting off about pure shit they have seen on television I call those parents and ask if they want my kids over there again and if so, I insist that they do NOT expose MY CHILDREN to their television nonsense.

... but, I am being undermined by our school system.

Honestly, I thought I got a fairly decent education for an "uneducated fuck,"   in the sixties and I truly wanted my kids to attend public school to learn more than those lame-assed, unprepared idiots who emerge from most private schools with heads full of mush and NO abilities, but all that has gone downhill.

I do not know how to proceed!?!

I wish I could prevent him from participating in this stupid fucking play crapshite, but that would devastate him. He has just become able to get up in front of people and be aggressive.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:18:46 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18841 on: March 25, 2009, 05:25:59 PM »
There were times when I found myself in a minority of one at school over various things. One teacher used to read from the New Testament every morning for 15 minutes or so. One day he asked if any of us objected. I alone put my hand up, no doubt cementing my reputation as a weirdo: Who in their right mind would prefer to be learning about grammar or science instead of happily zoning out during a Gospel reading? Outcome: Can't remember. It never even occurred to me to be embarrassed that I was the only student to oppose the teacher.

Then there was the school newspaper I helped to edit. Someone submitted the joke about catching a polar bear, with the punchline "When the bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the icehole." I thought this crude and unfunny, and argued against including it. Outcome: Everyone else (including the supervising teacher) thought it was hilarious, and I was overruled.

And also the time when a high-school English teacher played two popular songs, one of which was "Working Class Hero" by John Lennon, and I can't remember what the other one was, probably some harmless ditty by Paul McCartney. We were supposed to contrast the two songs, and critically evaluate which was better as social commentary. No prizes for guessing what the teacher was hoping to hear. Unfortunately for me, I could not get past the language: "You think you're so clever and classless and free/But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see." That one word shut me down and made it impossible for me to address the topic. My entire essay consisted of an explanation of why I couldn't answer the question. Outcome: At the end of that term, rather than assessing our grades himself, the teacher lined us all up in a row and asked us one by one what each of us thought we deserved to get. Eventually the school replaced him with someone more conventional, which was a great relief to me.

I've got mixed feelings about whether any one student, or his/her parents, should have veto power when the school is conducting its business in a way they don't like — a Christian parent shutting down a Halloween fun day, for example, or the school uniform being changed because one or two families don't like the current one.

I guess the question would be, "What's the alternative?" and maybe also, "How many other people can I convince?"

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18842 on: March 25, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »
GODDAMN IT if only he was attractive and didn't seem so fantastically likely to become an abusive partner.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #18843 on: March 25, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »
Then there was the school newspaper I helped to edit. Someone submitted the joke about catching a polar bear, with the punchline "When the bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the icehole." I thought this crude and unfunny, and argued against including it. Outcome: Everyone else (including the supervising teacher) thought it was hilarious, and I was overruled.

I agree with you, you mean to tell me that joke was meant to be funny and people actually laughed? But... that joke was just so retarded. You should have given them special badges with their name, address and phone numbers on them, because clearly that were severely spastic for laughing at such a retarded joke.

EDIT: Currently thinking as I edit this, I'm wondering why people are so quick to hail this so-called economic solution without understanding it's ramifications? I see a massive disaster waiting to happen soon, as their solution will not work as it's not attacking the true problem. Unless the real problems are addressed such as derivatives and unsustainable growing debt for starters; all these measures are a waste of tax payers money and in reality only to appease these corrupt corporations like AIG, who should have failed ages ago. Americans seriously need to get off their asses and do something serious to stop this madness now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:56:42 AM by Hypnotoad »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18844 on: March 27, 2009, 06:03:06 PM »
Oh dear sweet jesus I just figured it out... the photo I posted of myself on facebook makes me look like michael jackson, not indiana jones.  I really hope nobody else sees it.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18845 on: March 27, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »
Dark chocolate snickers are good
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #18846 on: March 27, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
Oh dear sweet jesus I just figured it out... the photo I posted of myself on facebook makes me look like michael jackson, not indiana jones.  I really hope nobody else sees it.

Send me a friend request and I promise I won't look!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18847 on: March 27, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
Benzos fucking with my memory again time to take a brake

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #18848 on: March 27, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »
Lmao I would like to see that.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18849 on: March 28, 2009, 02:09:14 AM »
My son will wear a badge for the "play" that he must make out of construction paper which is intended to define his character as the "Fart Police."  Much of the program is about an errant fart, which gets lost.

I am at a loss to see what set of principles they are presenting to our kids with this wave of insanity.

FUCKK!  I don't even let my kids say, "What the ..."  at our house. "What the" is a bad word in my house. I want to challenge them to find better ways of expressing their thoughts than what they see on television, which we don't use, but they see some of television's poison garbage every time they visit a "friend."  Every time they come home spouting off about pure shit they have seen on television I call those parents and ask if they want my kids over there again and if so, I insist that they do NOT expose MY CHILDREN to their television nonsense.

Honestly, I thought I got a fairly decent education for an "uneducated fuck,"   in the sixties and I truly wanted my kids to attend public school to learn more than those lame-assed, unprepared idiots who emerge from most private schools with heads full of mush and NO abilities, but all that has gone downhill.

I wish I could prevent him from participating in this stupid fucking play crapshite, but that would devastate him. He has just become able to get up in front of people and be aggressive.

I don't really see that you have any other choice than to let him be in the play.  I think being able to get up in front of other people is a skill you want him to develop even though I agree that a play called "Fart Police" is very crude and not the sort of language you want him to develop.

So, do you ask the parents of the children at whose houses your children play to turn off their televisions when your kids are visiting?

What if their classroom shows a movie?   Would you ask for them to opt out of seeing it? 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18850 on: March 28, 2009, 05:35:06 AM »
Short day at work today if I can get up the strength to go

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18851 on: March 28, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »
Short day at work today if I can get up the strength to go

Long day at work today.

I want to laze around, now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18852 on: March 28, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »

I don't really see that you have any other choice than to let him be in the play.  I think being able to get up in front of other people is a skill you want him to develop even though I agree that a play called "Fart Police" is very crude and not the sort of language you want him to develop.

So, do you ask the parents of the children at whose houses your children play to turn off their televisions when your kids are visiting?

What if their classroom shows a movie?   Would you ask for them to opt out of seeing it? 

GAWD!

This post requires  a response that I can not make in my ppresent state. I am overloaded like a basttard, stilltrying to twype, but having a ruff time. i wiil responsd later later.

I will respond later.

When I am i will respond later.

When I have made myself right acain, I will respond, more readily.

Thhere is much i can share, but this is not my best behavior.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18853 on: March 28, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »

lay, lat around lazylay, lielazily

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18854 on: March 28, 2009, 03:59:42 PM »

hope you know it means the cofffee is just now reddu.

mayybee after some coffee. . . . . ,.