Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 366211 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #17835 on: September 17, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »

Thinking that that smelly white-trash sweatbitch, with more tattoos than teeth, has a hell of a lot of nerve banging on MY door and asking ME for money to help send HER kid to Canada!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17836 on: September 17, 2008, 02:53:46 PM »

Thinking that that smelly white-trash sweatbitch, with more tattoos than teeth, has a hell of a lot of nerve banging on MY door and asking ME for money to help send HER kid to Canada!

kill her.  stop her breeding any more.  and then come and do the same for her fucking relatives, who live next door to me.

ozymandias

« Reply #17837 on: September 17, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »

SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM   ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17838 on: September 17, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »
Trying not to
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17839 on: September 18, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »

SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM   ::)

Unfortunately, it's not a scam.
It sounds like one, but the school district has sanctioned having parents go door-to-door, letter from the school board in hand, asking for donations for the upcoming trip in the spring.

I'm fucking pissed about this!

I agree with Lucifer, but I have not perfected the retro-abortion, yet.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #17840 on: September 18, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »

It sounds like one, but the school district has sanctioned having parents go door-to-door, letter from the school board in hand, asking for donations for the upcoming trip in the spring.

scam by any other name still says it all.  Recently we had a boy with AS and ADHD canvas for funds to go to CHina.  BUT, I know his mother, who is a fellow RN and he did make it to China and sent us the pictures and stories as proof.  He is  what he is and he did what he did. 

I stand by what I said!  School districts sanctioning anybody is no proof, I will always prefer to go by knowledge of the kid and the mother/parents.  If I don't know them or the facts, they will get NO MONEY or SUPPORT. 

NUFF SAID!!!!!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17841 on: September 18, 2008, 04:26:36 PM »

that's fucking outrageous - putting people under pressure, on the doorstep, to have to say no.  and what about vulnerable or timid people?   >:(

DD, get onto the fucking school board and tell them how fucking out of order that is!   :grrr:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17842 on: September 18, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »

scam by any other name still says it all. 
Recently we had a boy with AS and ADHD canvas for funds to go to CHina.  BUT, I know his mother, who is a fellow RN and he did make it to China and sent us the pictures and stories as proof.  He is  what he is and he did what he did. 

I stand by what I said!  School districts sanctioning anybody is no proof, I will always prefer to go by knowledge of the kid and the mother/parents.  If I don't know them or the facts, they will get NO MONEY or SUPPORT. 

NUFF SAID!!!!!

Yeah, that's why it pisses me off. The school district used their recommendation from a supposed position of authority to influence the public.

I was impressed, but NOT favorably.

ozymandias

« Reply #17843 on: September 18, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

Recently we had a boy with AS and ADHD canvas for funds to go to CHina.  BUT, I know his mother, who is a fellow RN and he did make it to China and sent us the pictures and stories as proof.  He is  what he is and he did what he did. 

NUFF SAID!!!!!

Yeah, that's why it pisses me off. The school district used their recommendation from a supposed position of authority to influence the public.

School boards know Jack shit about the parents or the kid.  I am so glad that I am a skeptical and cynical SOB!   8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17844 on: September 18, 2008, 04:41:22 PM »

that's fucking outrageous - putting people under pressure, on the doorstep, to have to say no.  and what about vulnerable or timid people?   >:(

DD, get onto the fucking school board and tell them how fucking out of order that is!   :grrr:

I wish I knew how.
There are always "more pressing" issues to discuss. They use the clock against us typical parents, most of the time.
I have tried to speak twice at a meeting of the board (about other things) and without being recognised, in parliamentary fashion, a concerned citizen is not allowed to address the board without being accused of a "disruptive outburst".

It is ABSOLUTELY outrageous!

Someone wise and calm needs to step up.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17845 on: September 18, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

NUFF SAID!!!!!

School boards know Jack shit about the parents or the kid.  I am so glad that I am a skeptical and cynical SOB!   8)

I told her nicely to take a hike!

The thing is, the NCLB legislation allows additional monies to school districts which successfully promote and complete "certain diverse programs."
The meetings I have been to were mostly about what new way they could maximize their own federal subsidies for the school and the issues at hand with LOCAL bearing were considered to have already been "managed in the best interests" of all those involved.

You're right, though.
I, too, am ONE skeptical SOB when it comes to the politicians running and over-running the show.

I just don't know WTF to do about it all.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:56:17 PM by DirtDawg »

ozymandias

« Reply #17846 on: September 18, 2008, 05:20:04 PM »

NUFF SAID!!!!!

I told her nicely to take a hike!

The thing is, the NCLB legislation allows additional monies to school districts which successfully promote and complete "certain diverse programs."
The meetings I have been to were mostly about what new way they could maximize their own federal subsidies for the school and the issues at hand with LOCAL bearing were considered to have already been "managed in the best interests" of all those involved.

You're right, though.
I, too, am ONE skeptical SOB when it comes to the politicians running and over-running the show.

I just don't know WTF to do about it all.

No credibility from the people in authority, NO MONEY, from me or the missus!   And politicians have NO credibility, especially on school boards, (my wife exceptioned, but, this is her last year
on the board of iniquity!)  ::)  I have heard and seen too many school boards around this country exceed their authority AND credibility!   ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17847 on: September 18, 2008, 06:50:07 PM »
That I will sleep on the couch tonight as my wife is miserable when sick
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #17848 on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:47 PM »
I sleep on the couch every night. Quite refreshing!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #17849 on: September 18, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Surely they can't keep propping up the global economy with injections and bailouts, Washington Mutual is probably next to be bailed out or even collapse like Lehman Brothers. Personally if I was a share holder, I'd be selling fast and probably invest in gold or a permanent commodity, because the fluctuations and hope of recovering what is lost is an illusion.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.