Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 365411 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #17595 on: August 27, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »
Hey, my AS is open source. It's been GPL'd for years. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17596 on: August 27, 2008, 02:36:44 PM »
Pretty sure I will have to continue to pay for mine. (not AS -  a different build altogether)

:GA:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17597 on: August 27, 2008, 02:39:11 PM »
Probably AS Vista, then. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17598 on: August 27, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »
Probably AS Vista, then. :P

Lo0ks fign two mE.
:twitch:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #17599 on: August 27, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
Well, it's official.  I went and got the results from my psych. evaluation and I OFFICIALLY have ADHD and AS.   :asthing:  That and a moderate loan will get me a tea at Starbuck's. :zoinks: 

On second thought, fuck Starbuck's, I can buy my favorite tea online and enjoy it at home!   ;D

Er, congrats? My condolences?

It just confirmed what I already know at a cost of $3500 (US) minus the insurance, so we pay at least a $1500, BUT, it makes my new Doctor happy and thats what matters most.  Seriously, what I pay in generic ritalin costs over the next 30 years doesn't cost as much as that whole evaluation did.  BUT, it makes my new Doctor happy and thats what matters most!

::)

ozymandias

« Reply #17600 on: August 27, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »
...sex...

That says how, it doesn't say "WHY?"   :-*

There needs to be a why? :-\

There must always be a "WHY" where PMS Elle is concerned!   :-*

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17601 on: August 27, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »
Well, it's official.  I went and got the results from my psych. evaluation and I OFFICIALLY have ADHD and AS.   :asthing:  That and a moderate loan will get me a tea at Starbuck's. :zoinks: 

On second thought, fuck Starbuck's, I can buy my favorite tea online and enjoy it at home!   ;D

It just confirmed what I already know at a cost of $3500 (US) minus the insurance, so we pay at least a $1500, BUT, it makes my new Doctor happy and thats what matters most.  Seriously, what I pay in generic ritalin costs over the next 30 years doesn't cost as much as that whole evaluation did.  BUT, it makes my new Doctor happy and thats what matters most!

Your insurance covers the eval ours says it does but none of the doctors who do them take it around here or are taking no new patients.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #17602 on: August 27, 2008, 06:55:43 PM »

Your insurance covers the eval ours says it does but none of the doctors who do them take it around here or are taking no new patients.

Psych coverage is really a crap shoot in the US.    The Doctor I saw does this shit on a regular basis.  It's confusing, because I was referred to them and to another group in Lewiston Maine.  The group in Portland only saw me because they had a cancellation come up.  The people in Lewiston, called shortly after the appt made in Portland.   :P  Confusing, yes!   8)

C'est La Vie!   :orly:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #17603 on: August 27, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »
Oh really, that's a pretty offal thing to be thinking about. Wonder if you'll have the heart to be able to liver up to the decision. To me, I just can't stomach it.

ozymandias

« Reply #17604 on: August 27, 2008, 07:46:28 PM »
Liver and onions is one of my wife's favorite dishes! 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17605 on: August 27, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »

My wife's Aetna plan through UPS pays a little, too. Not bad on most things, but iffy on "mental illness, "  where they have anything to do with psych lumped together.  

The old Blue Cross plan where I used to work would only pay for mental health needs by reimbursement, AFTER a diagnostic session was complete AND only on certain specified treatments. Unfortunately, the DX for all three of us was PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified) at first, they have since added ADHD to the cases of my son and I and ADHD and Dyslexia to my daughter's case. Blue Cross has it clearly written into their "fine print" that they will not pay in any amount for something "Not Specified."  

So they got out of paying us any reimbursement at all. The only thing Blue Cross paid for our first series of evaluation sessions (six visits over the first year totaling over eight thousand dollars) was the fifty five dollar referral fee my regular GP charges.
Blue Cross is a fucking joke!
:LMAO:

Fortunately, I was also making decent money as a photographer and it did not hurt us much.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:48:51 PM by DirtDawg »

duncvis

« Reply #17606 on: August 27, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »
And to think we moan about the NHS.  :orly:

I shouldn't still be wide awake.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #17607 on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:02 PM »
I'm not going to try to get diagnost.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

ozymandias

« Reply #17608 on: August 28, 2008, 05:35:40 AM »
I'm not going to try to get diagnost.

I wasn't planning on it, but, the new Doc. insisted, so, there it is!   ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17609 on: August 28, 2008, 07:08:31 AM »
Wondering if it's supposed to be some kind of competition between boards, now.

- Albert Einstein