Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 363591 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #17235 on: June 20, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »
I have had social ettiquette too well-engrained into me.  I mean, seriously, why didn't I just hock a lugie into that hairdresser's face when she was done bucthering me intstead of just stiffing her on the tip like a good little passive-aggressive modern american sheep?

I look good but she did NOT do what I wanted.  Dumb cunt.  (And hopefully I look better tomorrow when there's not so much damn rpduct in my hair it's like straw.

Ok, lets be blunt, your hair, your choice.  You should get what YOU want, BUT, you have to SPEAK UP and if she doesn't do what you want, Fuck the tip, stiffing her and saying why will speak louder and more forcefully than spitting in her face.  Yeah, I know what you mean by social etiquette being drilled into ones psyche.  I was raised catholic, I:E.  SHUT UP AND DO AS YOUR TOLD, DON'T QUESTION ANYTHING.!  But, it doesn't have to be this way all your life!   There's more than one hairdresser out there.............. :smurf: O0 :shamone: :elvis: :zombiefuck:
Ozy, I did.  I told her repeatedly, I negotiated, but she literally started her work behind my back, so by the time I realized she hadn't listened to my extremely exact and (I thought) explicit instructinos, all I could do was point out what she had done and ask her coworker to fifx her mess.

I'm not really doing the best right now at adaptivce stuff and I'm halfway being ironic- time was, I would have totally lost it.  At least I left there with a bit of dignity.  I was also scared that I would realize later another horribel thing wrong with my hair or something and didn't want them mad at me if I needed it fixed or something- which has actually happened to me a few times.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #17236 on: June 20, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »
I had this idea a little while ago about a two layer roofing system.  The first layer would be for collecting the heat from the sun's rays, the second layer would be mainly for support and water proofing the roof.  In between would be air which would flow freely between the two layers thus insulating the second layer from the heat of the first layer.  It'd keep temperatures in the attic much cooler.  At least, that's the theory.

Or, you could just install a white metal roof and call it good enough.

I've been watching Design: e2  It's all about green architecture and the implementation of it.  It's been interesting.  You can watch it here:
http://www.hulu.com/search/e2?company=all&type=episode
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

thepeaguy

« Reply #17237 on: June 21, 2008, 05:27:57 AM »
I passed my Level 1 English exam: 35/40.
Congrats :)

Whats the Level 1 exam part of?

Edit: When did the big grin become laughter...

And my Highlander video is now on SomethingAwful.com. Plus, it has nearly 5,000 views.

I actually considered uploading it to break.com.

You should do that, you could win $400 if they choose to put it on the homepage.

Upload it then. I'm not bothered.

ozymandias

« Reply #17238 on: June 21, 2008, 05:28:27 AM »
I have had social ettiquette too well-engrained into me.  I mean, seriously, why didn't I just hock a lugie into that hairdresser's face when she was done bucthering me intstead of just stiffing her on the tip like a good little passive-aggressive modern american sheep?

I look good but she did NOT do what I wanted.  Dumb cunt.  (And hopefully I look better tomorrow when there's not so much damn rpduct in my hair it's like straw.

Ok, lets be blunt, your hair, your choice.  You should get what YOU want, BUT, you have to SPEAK UP and if she doesn't do what you want, Fuck the tip, stiffing her and saying why will speak louder and more forcefully than spitting in her face.  Yeah, I know what you mean by social etiquette being drilled into ones psyche.  I was raised catholic, I:E.  SHUT UP AND DO AS YOUR TOLD, DON'T QUESTION ANYTHING.!  But, it doesn't have to be this way all your life!   There's more than one hairdresser out there.............. :smurf: O0 :shamone: :elvis: :zombiefuck:
Ozy, I did.  I told her repeatedly, I negotiated, but she literally started her work behind my back, so by the time I realized she hadn't listened to my extremely exact and (I thought) explicit instructinos, all I could do was point out what she had done and ask her coworker to fifx her mess.

I'm not really doing the best right now at adaptivce stuff and I'm halfway being ironic- time was, I would have totally lost it.  At least I left there with a bit of dignity.  I was also scared that I would realize later another horribel thing wrong with my hair or something and didn't want them mad at me if I needed it fixed or something- which has actually happened to me a few times.

Ok, but, find another hairdresser, who will do what YOU want, not what SHE wants.  There has to be a ton of them around where you live!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17239 on: June 21, 2008, 05:54:35 AM »
Three pages unread threads wow :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17240 on: June 21, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »
Yeah, I saw the same theme. I'd probably shoot a bullet through everyone's collective feet if I tried to touch it, but I hope it works out okay nonetheless.

He said he was not going to talk about it on the net, so trying to touch the cause of the theme would place your bullet's path a bit closer to vital organs than feet.

Best not.

I hope things work out, too.

I'm not going to talk about it on the net but that doesn't mean that I will stop others from doing so. I may be a despot but not THAT kind of despot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17241 on: June 21, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »
Yeah, I saw the same theme. I'd probably shoot a bullet through everyone's collective feet if I tried to touch it, but I hope it works out okay nonetheless.

He said he was not going to talk about it on the net, so trying to touch the cause of the theme would place your bullet's path a bit closer to vital organs than feet.

Best not.

I hope things work out, too.

I'm not going to talk about it on the net but that doesn't mean that I will stop others from doing so. I may be a despot but not THAT kind of despot.

Of course you aren't, but that's not what I meant. I was talking about each of us observing a measure of common respect for another person's private pain. I would expect that specific courtesy to extend evenly to all.

Nothing more was implied, my friend.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17242 on: June 21, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »
Ok, but, find another hairdresser, who will do what YOU want, not what SHE wants.  There has to be a ton of them around where you live!
Lol, but then I'd have to pay more than $12 for a hair cut!  (I forgot to mention that part- I was in supercuts or procuts or something, and they never have the same staff there twice that I notice in my biannual visits  The last time I got my hair cut there it went really well- it's a gamble.  From what I've seen even wicked expensive hair places still fuck their customers every so often though.)  

Honestly right now I'm thinking that when I do chop it all off and send it to locks of love,* I really honestly should just go for a haircut that I can do for myself.  I have a friend who cuts her own hair and knows about that stuff and I'll prolly talk to her about it at some point, see what she thinks- I mean I basically know she'll be like "Yeah, if you can cut your own hair, you should," but I'm more wondering what haircuts are simple enough that I can do them for myself but that would still look good.  I'm sorta sick of blunt cuts (my hair's pretty fine and could use volume), so what I'd want might end up being complex-ish.  

I'm thinking maybe something a little like the asymmetrical bob I was trying quasi-unsuccessfully for awhile back, but with some wicked long bits in the front even beyond the angling that I can fool around with dying and cool shit like that- very anime geek chic, I admit, but it could look pretty awesome.

*Other thing I could do is sent it off to "beautiful tresses," a similar chairty, but one for adult women with cancer, instead of children with conditions that prevent them from being able to grow hair (the idea that LOL gives free wigs to kids with cancer is actually not correct).  It's an interesting catch-22 in terms of their hair requirements- locks of love requires 10 inches bare minimum (considering how slowly my hair grows, that's a big deal) and beautiful tresses only requires 8 inches, but they can't have hair with any color in it, and the bottom of my hair has been dyed (year ago, when I decided that I wanted to be blonde, for some reason).  Not bleached, so it's OK for locks of love (home color and non-bleaching) but would disqualify me from
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:11:55 AM by PMS Elle »

ozymandias

« Reply #17243 on: June 21, 2008, 11:25:21 AM »
Lol, but then I'd have to pay more than $12 for a hair cut!  (I forgot to mention that part- I was in supercuts or procuts or something, and they never have the same staff there twice that I notice in my biannual visits  The last time I got my hair cut there it went really well- it's a gamble.  From what I've seen even wicked expensive hair places still fuck their customers every so often though.)  

Honestly right now I'm thinking that when I do chop it all off and send it to locks of love,* I really honestly should just go for a haircut that I can do for myself.  I have a friend who cuts her own hair and knows about that stuff and I'll prolly talk to her about it at some point, see what she thinks- I mean I basically know she'll be like "Yeah, if you can cut your own hair, you should," but I'm more wondering what haircuts are simple enough that I can do them for myself but that would still look good.  I'm sorta sick of blunt cuts (my hair's pretty fine and could use volume), so what I'd want might end up being complex-ish.  

I'm thinking maybe something a little like the asymmetrical bob I was trying quasi-unsuccessfully for awhile back, but with some wicked long bits in the front even beyond the angling that I can fool around with dying and cool shit like that- very anime geek chic, I admit, but it could look pretty awesome.

*Other thing I could do is sent it off to "beautiful tresses," a similar chairty, but one for adult women with cancer, instead of children with conditions that prevent them from being able to grow hair (the idea that LOL gives free wigs to kids with cancer is actually not correct).  It's an interesting catch-22 in terms of their hair requirements- locks of love requires 10 inches bare minimum (considering how slowly my hair grows, that's a big deal) and beautiful tresses only requires 8 inches, but they can't have hair with any color in it, and the bottom of my hair has been dyed (year ago, when I decided that I wanted to be blonde, for some reason).  Not bleached, so it's OK for locks of love (home color and non-bleaching) but would disqualify me from

Maybe you could get nominated for the TLC channel show, "What not to wear!"  Seriously, I have seen some pretty interesting women on that show and a couple of them reminded me of you!   :o  You get 5000 dollars on a credit card to buy a new wardrobe, you could have some serious mind games fun with the two hosts,  :evillaugh: And you get a hair and makeup makeover.

It's a guilty pleasure of ours to watch the show, albeit my wife's more than me.  But, there have been some awesome clashes between the women and the hosts, especially when it comes to throwing out the old wardrobe.  Doesn't cost you anything except a little time!  Think about it!   :eyebrows:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17244 on: June 21, 2008, 02:09:22 PM »
Maybe you could get nominated for the TLC channel show, "What not to wear!"  Seriously, I have seen some pretty interesting women on that show and a couple of them reminded me of you!   :o  You get 5000 dollars on a credit card to buy a new wardrobe, you could have some serious mind games fun with the two hosts,  :evillaugh: And you get a hair and makeup makeover.

It's a guilty pleasure of ours to watch the show, albeit my wife's more than me.  But, there have been some awesome clashes between the women and the hosts, especially when it comes to throwing out the old wardrobe.  Doesn't cost you anything except a little time!  Think about it!   :eyebrows:
Lmfao- my mother has gotten her husband into watching that show, and some of my friends like it too.  I don't want to like it but it's like crack cocaine- hard to stop.

ozymandias

« Reply #17245 on: June 21, 2008, 06:24:29 PM »

Lmfao- my mother has gotten her husband into watching that show, and some of my friends like it too.  I don't want to like it but it's like crack cocaine- hard to stop.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, do you think it might be something for you to dive into.   :eyebrows:  I think you would be one of the hot shows!   :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17246 on: June 21, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »
HDTV is great

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17247 on: June 21, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »
Fuck, I'm hungry and dinner's not going to be ready for another hour.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17248 on: June 22, 2008, 06:20:05 AM »
It's Sunday why did I wake up at 6AM

George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17249 on: June 22, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »
Sooooooooooooooooooooo, do you think it might be something for you to dive into.   :eyebrows:  I think you would be one of the hot shows!   :laugh:
The only problem is I look too good right now to qualify for rescue.   8)