Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 362707 times)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #17130 on: June 11, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »
Tease tease sell sell :laugh:

Stupid Jessica, I told her, get one guy, then start modifiying lifestyle habits, then you can get fair extra attention with your bf.  Its supposed to make the guy feel special, less likely to cheat.  Its far more productive than daiting 50 men.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

ozymandias

« Reply #17131 on: June 11, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »
Whats that smell???

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17132 on: June 11, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »

Went over to work for a few minutes today (I bought cool stuff, but that's another story) and saw one of my co-workers melting down in a bad way. He is in his late twenties with ADHD (at least, but that's his "official" diagnosis) and for about three weeks he has been off his Ritalin. I had seen people teasing him to take his pills and shit, but I only learned which pills and about his other troubles recently. He was off them already by then.

Sunday, when I was working with him, I noticed that he was stimming against the cold of the bare concrete floor while he was trying to change out a data flash card on a display. He could not concentrate on that one simple task. I had seen him get hyper a few times, but he never OPENLY stimmed himself while anyone watched that I knew of. I asked him at that point if he was still off his meds and he said it was three weeks since he had them. I told him to take a break and I would finish putting this little display thing back together for him. He went off on me, but I insisted in a brotherly way. He was still angry at me and probably feeling insulted, but I was trying to do him a favor and allow him to re-group in private.

Today, he blew up at the computer department supervisor in front of many customers. I saw enough to realize that the sup was taunting him like playing a game of chess with a beginner or maybe it was more like a Whack-a-Rat game. I swear! It was pathetic to watch (I was a little perturbed at the sup!) and when I tried to come to his aide (kind of as a mediator between the two), he turned on me. I managed to get him shuffled to the back warehouse areas, but two of the managers met us there and I was "dismissed" from the issue.

Anyway, they wrote him up, suspended him without pay for a week and he may end up losing his job - all from trying to get off meds on his own with no professional guidance. 

I feel really bad for him, but there is absolutely no way I can help.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17133 on: June 11, 2008, 09:23:20 PM »
I guess the thing that makes this seem odd to me is that his meds were helping him.

I never found any medications of any kind that did anything good for me at all. Well, except for the beta-blockers I take for my tachycardia, but that is hardly related.

Why is he so desperate to get off the meds if they are helping him that much? I've never taken Ritalin, though. Maybe someone with first hand experience can enlighten me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17134 on: June 11, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
Some people have hangups about taking meds, but it's also possible that his medical insurance stopped covering his meds and he couldn't afford them himself, or his doctor stopped his prescription for some reason.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17135 on: June 12, 2008, 01:15:57 AM »
i don't take meds, but i wouldn't call it a hang up.  mainly, i prefer not to flood my system with chemicals which have shitty side effects.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17136 on: June 12, 2008, 01:23:47 AM »
i don't take meds, but i wouldn't call it a hang up.  mainly, i prefer not to flood my system with chemicals which have shitty side effects.

The sort of hangup I'm referring to is people who refuse to take meds just because they're meds; I used to know someone who freaked at the mere mention of pills, since she saw any medication as being an attempt to cure her of her AS.  I've had some very crappy experiences with side-effects in the past, but my current meds don't give me any problems and they help me a bit, so I'm happy to take them.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17137 on: June 12, 2008, 09:48:45 AM »

The sort of hangup I'm referring to is people who refuse to take meds just because they're meds; I used to know someone who freaked at the mere mention of pills, since she saw any medication as being an attempt to cure her of her AS.  I've had some very crappy experiences with side-effects in the past, but my current meds don't give me any problems and they help me a bit, so I'm happy to take them.

That's not a description this "friend" that I am talking about.  He is also diabetic and takes shots every day, sometimes twice. The problem that I see is that he has been on Ritalin since he was a teen and except for possibly running out a few times in that period, he has used for a long time.

... and you're right, Peter; his insurance has changed and he can not afford them. (I found this out, today.)

I spent the night making a disk full of saved pages from WIKI and other reference sources to take to the managers. I was planning to meet them there when they opened for the early crews and drop it off in hopes of it making a difference for him. It so happened that two of the Big Guns were there and another was due in an hour. It also turned out that they were very curious to listen to what I was saying or trying to say. They wouldn't let me just drop it and leave. I had to stick around and play the disk and comment. They put me on the clock (on my day off - highly irregular!) and I gave them a brief course in what my "friend"  might be going through. I tried to avoid my interpretation of what the supervisor of the computer department was doing to him (he had found a weakness in my "friend" and kept exploiting it to keep him off balance, but it backfired - my "friend" went out off control.)

It's too early to know if I helped or hurt his status at work, but I made enough sense that the new GM was extremely impressed with my (haphazard) "organizational skills"  (WTF?!? - I can't do this kind of shit!)

I just hope that I did no harm. I was totally unprepared to give a two hour lecture!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:00:44 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17138 on: June 12, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »
I'm glad I'm off my old meds.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #17139 on: June 12, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »

I am cautious of meds, but even more cautious of psychological treatment myself. That said I spent over half a term semi-delirious (if not fully) when i took meds for something. Not good...

GalileoAce

« Reply #17140 on: June 12, 2008, 08:24:33 PM »

That's not a description this "friend" that I am talking about.  He is also diabetic and takes shots every day, sometimes twice. The problem that I see is that he has been on Ritalin since he was a teen and except for possibly running out a few times in that period, he has used for a long time.

... and you're right, Peter; his insurance has changed and he can not afford them. (I found this out, today.)

I spent the night making a disk full of saved pages from WIKI and other reference sources to take to the managers. I was planning to meet them there when they opened for the early crews and drop it off in hopes of it making a difference for him. It so happened that two of the Big Guns were there and another was due in an hour. It also turned out that they were very curious to listen to what I was saying or trying to say. They wouldn't let me just drop it and leave. I had to stick around and play the disk and comment. They put me on the clock (on my day off - highly irregular!) and I gave them a brief course in what my "friend"  might be going through. I tried to avoid my interpretation of what the supervisor of the computer department was doing to him (he had found a weakness in my "friend" and kept exploiting it to keep him off balance, but it backfired - my "friend" went out off control.)

It's too early to know if I helped or hurt his status at work, but I made enough sense that the new GM was extremely impressed with my (haphazard) "organizational skills"  (WTF?!? - I can't do this kind of shit!)

I just hope that I did no harm. I was totally unprepared to give a two hour lecture!

To be honest, I think you did a good thing. And it was pleasing to note that they were actually interested in what you had to tell them. Kudos :plus:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17141 on: June 13, 2008, 05:35:54 AM »
^ :indeed: That was such a nice thing you did, DirtDawg. :plus:

I take Dexamphetamine and they do help me. I was in two car accidents that could have been avoided had I been concentrating on what I was doing. That led me to get diagnosed with ADHD because I was getting scared about the danger my inattention was. Now I take my medication before I drive and before I work. It is surprising how much easier concentrating is for me now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17142 on: June 13, 2008, 06:50:24 AM »
I wish the Sex forum wasn't dead.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #17143 on: June 13, 2008, 08:12:06 AM »
Man I love Inukami!
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

GalileoAce

« Reply #17144 on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »
It merely emulates it's topic.