Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 361468 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #16920 on: May 25, 2008, 10:34:01 AM »
Cal's forum/blog is dying too. I don't know the patterns of ZOMG that well but it's not as active as it was a month ago. I don't know what happened to Fractalus (link's broken now) and OTS gets only a post or two a day.

Either everyone's at WP, there are big communities I don't know about, or people are drifting offline.

I blame both a lack of conflict and a lack of substance, but that's just me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16921 on: May 25, 2008, 10:44:55 AM »
It's getting nice out and the longer days is taking it's toll
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #16922 on: May 25, 2008, 11:33:54 AM »
Cal's forum/blog is dying too. I don't know the patterns of ZOMG that well but it's not as active as it was a month ago. I don't know what happened to Fractalus (link's broken now) and OTS gets only a post or two a day.

Either everyone's at WP, there are big communities I don't know about, or people are drifting offline.

Yeah, I finally peeked at Chaos and it was dead at the time.  I was the only guest/person on!  We haven't heard from Morthaur in ages.  The Island is dead, The Morthaur forum is semi-dead.

I think most people either have blogs that they can control or are just finding other ways.  The only other big community AFF, seems to be doing ok.??  wp and famsecretsociety, I haven't heard from in months and years respectively.  As for the Sophist forum or aspergianelders..............who knows??   ::)

QueenBee and TheASman have both gone the blog route and I think Bonnie/BeautifulDreamer has one too.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16923 on: May 25, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
Sigh. I don't like blogs. I read others' but I couldn't imagine how to keep one. My communication methods just don't operate that way - they're far too geared to each individual in each moment.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #16924 on: May 25, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »
It's getting nice out and the longer days is taking it's toll

That and the days of forums is dying out.  People don't want to put up with drama anymore, a lot don't want conflict or constant battling.  IMHO, a forum has a limited life span anyway.  Younger people are more into Blogs and Myspace sites.  DeviantArt allows for self expression and isn't an aspie specific forum, but, it's quite aspie friendly and it's very very busy.

As I mentioned on the Drivel and the Morthaur forum, I'm drifting away from AS/autism specific sites.  It's not who I am completely, it's a part of me.  I feel like I have said, done, just about anything I can say or do in regards to AS/autism.  And I feel that all the forums I'v been on have finished helping me explore that part of me.  Now I'm striving for balance, between Steve the Aspie and Steve the man, husband, father, lover, creative person, guitar student, volcano obsessor (in the geology circles, we're referred to as "Shake and Baker's  :laugh: ), traveller/wanderer, etc.  I don't want to focus specifically on AS/autism anymore, except where it relates to my daughter and her needs.  And she's got a helluva good grasp on that aspect of herself.  She's not interested in forums at all.  She used to like AFF chatroom, but, then drifted off to her other sites for fun and games.  At some point, I expect her to do more of a blog thing or myspace thing.

It should be interesting to see what happens.

ozymandias

« Reply #16925 on: May 25, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »
Sigh. I don't like blogs. I read others' but I couldn't imagine how to keep one. My communication methods just don't operate that way - they're far too geared to each individual in each moment.

Not  my cup of tea either.  I have one on the Drivel, but, I have said so much in my fractalus journal, it's hard to come up with new and interesting stuff from my boring life!   :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16926 on: May 25, 2008, 12:06:48 PM »
Mine, I think, would just be incomprehensible. None of the points I wished to communicate would get across, except maybe a brief glimpse here or there to the occasional reader.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16927 on: May 25, 2008, 12:11:41 PM »
Have they all found other forums or is this just a slump of some kind?

There are otherfora   which I frequent, but today was a work day.

I am hardly the postwhore I once was.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16928 on: May 25, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »

Well, it is springtime and pleasant outside for a change (around here, anyway!).

I can assure you that I have not been to WP in a over a month. Maybe longer for OTS. I know I've been to Aspie Chaos as  guest once, but I can't remember when it was. I can't read anything on Soph's forum due to the visuals. I've tried in the past, but not for months.

Fractalus seemed dead ages ago. I can't even remember when was the last time I tried to get on there.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16929 on: May 25, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »
Mine, I think, would just be incomprehensible. None of the points I wished to communicate would get across, except maybe a brief glimpse here or there to the occasional reader.

The loyal and dedicated one may have an advantage, though.

Most of my energies are spent on day-to-day life. Honestly the times of my life are boring, thank the gawdsah!

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16930 on: May 25, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »
That and the days of forums is dying out.  People don't want to put up with drama anymore, a lot don't want conflict or constant battling.  IMHO, a forum has a limited life span anyway.  Younger people are more into Blogs and Myspace sites.  DeviantArt allows for self expression and isn't an aspie specific forum, but, it's quite aspie friendly and it's very very busy.

It's not for me. Not professional enough, not a high enough standard of work. I'm still trying to make it in the business world, so I'm concerned with appearances and can't really afford to put energy there.

I do want a creative community or two, though. After four years I'm finally breaking my addiction to the autism community, too. I've gotten hooked on Hatrack (an SF/F critique forum attached to Orson Scott Card's website) in the past week and also thought about joining Holly Lisle's Forward Motion, though the enforced PG-13 standards for fiction are a turnoff. I've been trying and failing to get myself addicted to CGSociety for years, as well as a couple RPG mod communities.

Once upon a time I thought Intensity's premise could be well applied to creative critique (what I'd give for harsh and useful honesty!) but that experiment went badly belly-up. Virtually no one else in this corner of the autism community are interested.

So I'm heading back out into the "real world", armed with all the knowledge of human interaction I've managed to scrabble together here. We'll see how far I get.

ozymandias

« Reply #16931 on: May 25, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »

FWIW, I feel the same way.  But, if an occasional reader gets it or comprehends it, thats fine with me.  I butted heads with a couple of fractalus members in my journal when they couldn't comprehend my "actions" after describing an incident from my youth.  I accept that I am incomprehensible to a lot of people, hell, even my wife serves as a "translator" when we're socializing.  She explains me better than I do!   :laugh:

I have to work at it enough IRL.  And I have developed a bit of a skill at it, but, it's draining to keep at it!  

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16932 on: May 25, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »

FWIW, I feel the same way.  But, if an occasional reader gets it or comprehends it, thats fine with me.  I butted heads with a couple of fractalus members in my journal when they couldn't comprehend my "actions" after describing an incident from my youth.  I accept that I am incomprehensible to a lot of people, hell, even my wife serves as a "translator" when we're socializing.  She explains me better than I do!   :laugh:

I have to work at it enough IRL.  And I have developed a bit of a skill at it, but, it's draining to keep at it! 

WoW, my wife does the same thing, btu it always drives me batty. We generally have communication problems right afterwards.

:D

Seriously, though. I hate it!

I let her have the business issues, but when she tries to "translate"  me to other people, I get jumpy!

She doesn't want me to be "jumpy."

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16933 on: May 25, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »

The loyal and dedicated one may have an advantage, though.
I only have one loyal and dedicated one, though, and I've got a private forum for that. I can't think under what context I'd attract others.

Most of my energies are spent on day-to-day life. Honestly the times of my life are boring, thank the gawdsah!

Not me - I'm still adventure-hungry. Wishing I had a life worth writing about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16934 on: May 25, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »
I let her have the business issues, but when she tries to "translate"  me to other people, I get jumpy!

She doesn't want me to be "jumpy."

:rofl: Jumpy dawgs are indeed not wanted.

I find myself doing a lot of translating. I hope I'm not pissing people off more than it seems like.