Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 372380 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #2220 on: August 21, 2006, 12:54:14 PM »

Gilbert!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

le travesti angelique

« Reply #2221 on: August 21, 2006, 01:00:49 PM »

Gilbert!

Hmm? O_O

Looks familiar...

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2222 on: August 21, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »

Gilbert!

I'm sure I have never seen him.  I would remember him if I had.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2223 on: August 21, 2006, 01:14:07 PM »
you'd definitely remember the snot - he was famous for it.   :laugh:

duncvis

« Reply #2224 on: August 21, 2006, 01:21:43 PM »
*smacks head*

Now I remember Gilbert, but the fridge threw me off. I had a Gilbert book lol.

Triste

« Reply #2225 on: August 21, 2006, 01:23:54 PM »
Maybe it was only shown in the UK.  Weren't the teletubbies a UK invention, speaking of hallucinogens?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2226 on: August 21, 2006, 01:29:28 PM »
YAY!!!  to dunc.

sadly not, to triste.  although they called their vacuum cleaner the same thing my sister calls her cunt, which always cracks me up!  :laugh:

ozymandias

« Reply #2227 on: August 21, 2006, 01:35:57 PM »
woohoo thanks, now i feel guilty for twisting my knickers, that must have been truamatic for you. have some karma. :P

No need to feel guilty, the liking of stuff tends to be very subjective.  Read Dave Barry's "Book of Bad Songs", to understand that idea.  Have some more karma for no hard feelings! 8)

Gee, imagine having some LSD or Peyote and watching Teletubbies!  The burning baby head, the eerily symetrical grass covered crater where they live,  NuNu's eyes and all those rabbits :o.  I haven't seen that much potential tripping material since the shows of Sid and Marty Kroft.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2228 on: August 21, 2006, 01:37:21 PM »
Now the Teletubbies I have seen.  My daughter absolutely adored them.  I made her a Dipsy costume one year for Halloween and my husband and I were Po and Tinky-Winky to coordinate with her.  She also loved that baby-in-the-sun combo so I made one to go on her little trick-or-treating pail.  That was the first year she really got into trick-or-treating.  I think to her it was like, "Wow, I ring a doorbell, look cute and all these people give me candy!"  I remember we were working on "Thank you" then, so we would say "Thank you," and she would say, "Ah-oo."  That was fun.

Lucifer your sister calls her fanny a Noo-Noo?  I want one of those Noo-Noo vacuum cleaners.

duncvis

« Reply #2229 on: August 21, 2006, 02:16:34 PM »
Gee, imagine having some LSD or Peyote and watching Teletubbies!  The burning baby head, the eerily symetrical grass covered crater where they live,  NuNu's eyes and all those rabbits :o.  I haven't seen that much potential tripping material since the shows of Sid and Marty Kroft.
From watching it as a student slacking off morning lectures at a mate's, I can confirm that it is very funny when stoned, and quite profound.   :laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2230 on: August 21, 2006, 02:58:30 PM »
just for you, callaway:

;)  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2231 on: August 21, 2006, 03:02:46 PM »
Teletubbies?! Yuck. :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2232 on: August 21, 2006, 04:15:51 PM »
just for you, callaway:

;)  :laugh:

ROFL   :laugh:

Thank you Lucifer.  I thought we owned all the Teletubbies videos, but apparently I'm mistaken.

My daughter has a toy Noo-Noo her dad bought for her in England, but I want a real Noo-Noo to tidy up the spilled Tubby custard and dropped Tubby toast.

Triste

« Reply #2233 on: August 21, 2006, 04:46:50 PM »
From Wikipedia:
Teletubbies is a BBC children's television series, particularly aimed at babies and preschool toddlers, produced from 1997 to 2001 by Ragdoll Productions. It was created by Anne Wood CBE, Ragdoll's creative director, and Andrew Davenport, who wrote each of the show's 365 episodes. The programme was a rapid critical and commercial success in Britain and abroad, particularly notable for its high production values; it won a BAFTA in 1998.

Although the show is aimed at children between the ages of one and four, the show was a substantial cult hit with older generations, particularly university students who bought the customary regulation T Shirts. "Teletubbies say Eh-Oh", a single based around the show's theme song, reached #1 on the UK Singles Chart in December 1997 and remained in the top 100 for eight months, selling over a million copies. They released The Album in April 1998, but it only managed to reach #31.

The mixture of bright colours, unusual designs, repetitive non-verbal dialogue, the ritualistic format and the occasional forays into physical comedy appealed to a demographic who perceived the show as having psychedelic connotations.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2234 on: August 21, 2006, 05:09:46 PM »
tellytubbees rulezzors!!! ;D ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 8) 8) 8) :-* :-* :-* :o :o :o :) :) :) :P :P :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: