Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 364678 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #15285 on: March 19, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
I should take my medication for ADHD before I drive so I think about what I should be doing instead of what I could be doing.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #15286 on: March 19, 2008, 09:56:42 PM »
I want your meds.

It's just benzos nothing special
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #15287 on: March 19, 2008, 10:46:53 PM »

I think I'm going to be OK. Parts of me toys with the notion that I'm fucking cool.

I thought I was in trouble for taking an extra hour this morning on the display that we put together, way before the stores open. My part only took about fifteen minutes extra, but since we ran late, we were caught in traffic and the whole crew clocked out late.

I just got a call from the boss (John, not Jim) to thank me for stuff and to tell me not to worry about the "sup' who gave us all grief this morning. He also asked me if I could show him what I did to fix the display that did not work.

These "New Releases" displays have a small chip based computer (it's like four flash drives together, no hard drive at all) inside running WinXP. It controls an MP3 player (built in), an external touchscreen monitor for demonstration of the CDs, an external keyboard, a wireless "ether"link and an Adobe based ordering system (both built in) for creation of an online account on the spot to download the New Releases to an MP3 player.

We get a new (old) BlackBox computer with each new display, loaded with the new shit that matches all the signage and we send back the old one to be re-programmed. They are the size of two cigarette packs side by side, with only a USB port and a DC voltage input on the side.

We got one this morning that had some of the meta data mixed up and the clever touch screen stuff had become corrupt. I was able to pull it back out and hook it to a demo desktop machine they had on display, log in to the company network, download the meta-data from the source, re-boot to the box itself, flash the meta-data in to the box and fix this display unit. I got it up and running in just over an hour, instead of having to send it back for a replacement and have the store go all day without their KEWL display shit.

I panicked when I saw it was the bosses number on my phone, because I knew I was overstepping my "job description" by doing all that and accessing those channels, (which I only knew about because of my crossing over to the other department, recently)

He made a bunch of fucking small talk and made me sweat like a bastard (!!!)  before he got to the point of thanking me. (I was afraid I was going to be fired - over the fucking phone!))

I'm thinking I'm going to be OK, even though we all had our asses chewed out by someone else this morning for taking too long.

sounds like the guy with a brain appreciates having a problem solver on his team, at least. supervisors usually equals half-bright monkeys with an attitude, unfortunately. :wanker:

I'm sick of waking up in the night.  >:(

GalileoAce

« Reply #15288 on: March 19, 2008, 10:50:21 PM »
I'm sick of waking up in the night.  >:(

Then don't :: nods ::

Persona

« Reply #15289 on: March 19, 2008, 11:42:20 PM »
I want your meds.

It's just benzos nothing special

Makes you sleep though.

It is nearly morning now  :orly:

Persona

« Reply #15290 on: March 20, 2008, 01:32:22 AM »
I want Lan back  :'(  She was the only person who truly cared for me and I pushed her away.

Year 11 was bloody hell.

Persona

« Reply #15291 on: March 20, 2008, 01:35:05 AM »
I am so stupid.

I don't deserve to live.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15292 on: March 20, 2008, 03:35:17 AM »
I am so stupid.

I don't deserve to live.

no you're not, and yes you do, hon.  put it this way - even cockroaches deserve a chance.

(albeit just the one, before The Shoe descends...  ;) ).

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15293 on: March 20, 2008, 03:52:34 AM »
benzos are speshal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Sophgay

« Reply #15294 on: March 20, 2008, 07:52:06 AM »
i want a shotgun really badly

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15295 on: March 20, 2008, 07:54:39 AM »
I am so stupid.

I don't deserve to live.

You're not stupid at all. I get the distinct impression that you are very bright.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #15296 on: March 20, 2008, 08:39:27 AM »
Mine make me drowsy and quiet down my brain enough to sleep for  a few hours anyway

Mine make me alert, and also make me feel better about life and be less of a miserable sod.  I ran out and didn't have any for the past couple of days, but I've got more now.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Sophgay

« Reply #15297 on: March 20, 2008, 09:01:37 AM »
i have to wait 3 weeks for mine to work
prozac was meant to make me more alert
dosulepin made me VERY drowsy

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #15298 on: March 20, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »
i have to wait 3 weeks for mine to work
prozac was meant to make me more alert
dosulepin made me VERY drowsy

You need better drugs.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Sophgay

« Reply #15299 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:07 AM »
why?
i'm not on prozac or dosulepin anymore
i really hope these work
they're for depression and ocd, mainly ocd, but either will do for now