Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 361472 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #14715 on: March 04, 2008, 10:46:15 AM »
I'm hungry.

i can offer you white chocolate mints, rose chocolate, or me.  or all three.   :eyelash:

oksureletsgoanddoitnow

you missed an apostrophe in your lust.  :laugh:

And a few spaces. :P

still, i'm sure we can manage to squeeze in apostrophe insertion, at some point during the proceedings...   :eyelash:

Apostrophe insertion sounds perverted. :eyebrows:

i bloody well hope it IS!

:eyebrows:

:tongue:

Ah, the art of seduction!   :laugh:

waste of time, with him.  i only have to be breathing and he's like a rat up a drainpipe.

:laugh:

:orly:

that bloody bird.  if you think you're putting me at risk of psitticosis, think again.  :P

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14716 on: March 04, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
Hope they get a move on upgrading my broadband. I've been obsessively checking to see if its been applied yet, but it hasn't so far. (I asked for my cable upgrading from 4Mbps to 20Mbps. more speed FTW  :zoinks: )

i tried doing that, and it didn't work.  there's a whole furore about providers making you think you've got a great deal, only for you to discover you can still only get 3bps or something because your pooter can't handly the extra.  (i'm supposed to get 20bps, too).  i suspect your pooter will be able to do so, but virgin-fucking-media are not my favourite people at the mo.   >:(

duncvis

« Reply #14717 on: March 04, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »
that applies to DSL vendors using BT's network - my intarwebs comes via a Virgin fibre-optic cable so its straight from the tap, as it were - yours should be also. the loss of speed with some other providers is mainly due to distance from the exchange, as far as I recall.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14718 on: March 04, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »
Hope they get a move on upgrading my broadband. I've been obsessively checking to see if its been applied yet, but it hasn't so far. (I asked for my cable upgrading from 4Mbps to 20Mbps. more speed FTW  :zoinks: )

i tried doing that, and it didn't work.  there's a whole furore about providers making you think you've got a great deal, only for you to discover you can still only get 3bps or something because your pooter can't handly the extra.  (i'm supposed to get 20bps, too).  i suspect your pooter will be able to do so, but virgin-fucking-media are not my favourite people at the mo.   >:(

That's just weird. There's nothing in your pooter that can't handle the extra bandwidth, as far as I know.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14719 on: March 04, 2008, 10:53:35 AM »
that applies to DSL vendors using BT's network - my intarwebs comes via a Virgin fibre-optic cable so its straight from the tap, as it were - yours should be also. the loss of speed with some other providers is mainly due to distance from the exchange, as far as I recall.

i'm about 2.37 cuntiyards from the bloody exchange.  their technical (hah!) people got me to do all the fucking about (which cost me a fortune on the phone), and said it must be my pooter.

wankers.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14720 on: March 04, 2008, 10:54:16 AM »

That's just weird. There's nothing in your pooter that can't handle the extra bandwidth, as far as I know.

i suspected as much.  well, that's another customer virgin can go whistle for.  bastards.   :grrr:

duncvis

« Reply #14721 on: March 04, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »
but your service doesnt come via the exchange surely? I thought you had a cable connection?  ???

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14722 on: March 04, 2008, 10:57:43 AM »
but your service doesnt come via the exchange surely? I thought you had a cable connection?  ???

er, oh yeah...

oops.

i forgot i was the computer genius who hacked the original intensity.

:LMAO:

i am such a fucking moron sometimes.

:LMAO:

duncvis

« Reply #14723 on: March 04, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »
It IS possible however, that they need to give you a better modem, as some of their models cant handle the extra bandwidth. worth checking before you tell em to fuck themselves.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14724 on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:31 AM »
I think there is some relationship to sleeping and getting annoying phone calls
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14725 on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:51 AM »
It IS possible however, that they need to give you a better modem, as some of their models cant handle the extra bandwidth. worth checking before you tell em to fuck themselves.

Agreed. Worth an email to their support.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Persona

« Reply #14726 on: March 04, 2008, 11:03:52 AM »
 :twitch:

Just found out my old coach driver is a paedophile.

He always used to be so nice  :-\

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14727 on: March 04, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »

Agreed. Worth an email to their support.

ta, bruv and O Man.  i'll do just that.  or better still, a phone call, cos i can come over all penelope keith and intimidate people.  :laugh:   :evillaugh:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14728 on: March 04, 2008, 11:31:24 AM »

Maybe he's AOL user #336865.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Persona

« Reply #14729 on: March 04, 2008, 11:47:46 AM »

Maybe he's AOL user #336865.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was  :laugh: