Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 365420 times)

Soph

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #13905 on: February 07, 2008, 01:53:42 AM »
ich werde immer bei dir seinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #13906 on: February 07, 2008, 04:11:38 AM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13907 on: February 07, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »
Hopefully!

But check this out! OUR American version of Nannystatitus .....

Mississippi May Ban Restaurant Sales to the Obese

My thoughts are that they don't need another fucking LAW! They just need to make the doors smaller.

| | <<< "You must be this thin to eat here."

:D

What in the blue fuck are they thinking?

That is insane.

Apparently, about 30% of Mississippi's population would not be allowed to dine in restaurants if the law passes.

New York City proposes to force fast-food restaurants to post calorie information on their message boards, these three lawmakers have done the Big Apple one better – proposing to make it illegal for a Mississippi restaurant to serve anyone with a body mass index of 30 or more – the clinical threshold of obesity.

It's a logical extension, perhaps, of laws that ban bartenders from serving patrons who are already beyond the point of legal intoxication. Pundits suggested the next logical step would be to ban credit card sales to those who are already up to their eyeballs in debt.

On the other hand, statistics indicate there may well be a need for stringent measures in Mississippi.

Fattest state
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has found a 61 percent increase in the number of Americans classified as obese between 1991 and 2000. It singled out Mississippi as having the highest rate.

An August 2007 study published by Trust for America's Health classified Mississippi as the heaviest state in the Union for the third year in a row, with 30 percent of its adult population obese.

Mississippi House Bill 282 is the work of Republicans W. T. Mayhall, Jr. and John Read, and Democrat Bobby Shows. It would aim to keep Whoppers and Big Macs out of the hands of fat people, by force of law.

"Any food establishment to which this section applies shall not be allowed to serve food to any person who is obese, based on criteria prescribed by the State Department of Health after consultation with the Mississippi Council on Obesity Prevention and Management," the bill states.

The measure would apply to any restaurant that holds a health department permit and has enclosed seating for five or more – a definition broad enough to cover almost every restaurant in the state, not just those that serve fast food.
The bill does not spell out what penalties an eatery would face for violating the law.

I wonder when they will make a law that cuts up our credit cards for us if we carry a balance?

I think that it is time for Mississippi voters to recall Republicans W. T. Mayhall, Jr. and John Read, and Democrat Bobby Shows.

You hit on one of the scariest parts of this debacle.

IT WAS A BI-PARTISAN EFFORT!!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #13908 on: February 07, 2008, 01:23:04 PM »
I'm in a fucking bad mood :orly:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13909 on: February 07, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »

Not me.
I'm actually feeling OK, spiritually, but I am a little regretful, embarrassed even, that I seem to use Intensity as my own personal blog. I just post shit about me and mine all over the place. I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine.

I don't know why I do this to you guys. I actually have respect for some of you.
 :(

I will try to do better in the future.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #13910 on: February 07, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »

Not me.
I'm actually feeling OK, spiritually, but I am a little regretful, embarrassed even, that I seem to use Intensity as my own personal blog. I just post shit about me and mine all over the place. I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine.

I don't know why I do this to you guys. I actually have respect for some of you.

Fuck off dawg. 
* purposefulinsanity bitchslaps dirtdawg
Your posts are those rare things, ones that are always worth reading, so don't apologise for sharing with us all.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:48:10 PM by purposefulinsanity »

Soph

« Reply #13911 on: February 07, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »

Not me.

People are interested in reading what you post about ^

Most of the time all I do is complain about things no one's interested in, and post crap about myself lol
Your posts are actually interesting thouhg, you should carry on posting how you want to IMO

zaftig

« Reply #13912 on: February 07, 2008, 02:08:37 PM »
People are interested in reading what you post about ^

:agreed:

Although don't know you all that well, I like reading about your thoughts ;)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13913 on: February 07, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »

Not me.

Fuck off dawg. 
Your posts are those rare things, ones that are always worth reading, so don't apologise for sharing with us all.

yeah.  only without the slappy bit.

:laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13914 on: February 07, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »

Thinking back on that lightning thing, at first I thought the strangest thing was the fact that it hit right where I had been sitting, then I was freaked about the fact that I "felt" it coming.

But, no, the strangest part was that everything became instantly wet. It was misty, like surely one hundred percent humidity, but not even a real drizzle. I was sitting there, smoking my pipe, wearing my waterproof jacket and leather (waterproof!) English racing cap. Most likely there were little drops of water collecting on my cap, but once the strike came, I was soaked to the bones, even under my jacket and under my hat and my shoes. It still wasn't raining and I wasn't dripping, but ALL my clothing was completely saturated with water.

:pwned:

DirtDawg, I wonder if what you felt was the difference in electrical activity that precedes lightning?

If it ever happens again, go indoors or get into your car if you have time, or assume the lightning desperation position if you don't:

The Lightning Desperation Position

SQUAT DOWN! KEEP YOUR FEET TOGETHER! - KEEP OTHER PARTS OF YOUR BODY OFF THE GROUND! - CLOSE YOUR EYES AND COVER YOUR EARS!

If you are caught in the open and lightning and there is NO safe location nearby, the safest position to be in is crouched down on the balls of your feet (see Figure 1). Keep your hands over your ears and do not allow other parts of your body to touch the ground. Keep your feet as close to one another as possible. Why is it important to crouch down on the balls of your feet? The reason why is that when lightning strikes an object, the electricity of the lightning discharge does not necessarily go straight down into the ground. Quite often the electricital current  will travel along the surface of the ground for quite a large distance (see Figure 2). The electrical current likely varies widely from place to place, even over a small area. This phenomana is know as a "side flash". Many people who are "struck" by lightning are not hit directly by the main lightning channel, but are affected by electrical current of the side flash as it travels along the surface of the ground. By keeping the surface area of your body relative to the ground to a minimum (that is, keep your feet together and do not allow any other part of your body to contact the ground, you can reduce the threat of the electricity traveling across the ground from crossing your body and injuring you.

A more technical description of this phenomana is called stepped voltage. When lightning strikes the ground, the high voltage gradients cause electrical currents to flow in concentrated channels on the surface or within the soil, As discussed above, this voltage differences can vary greatly over a short distance. If this stepped voltage difference is large between your two feet, then the voltage will equalize across your body. What this all means is the electric current will travel through your body to equalize between your two feet (it will do this by traveling up one leg, across your lower abdomenen, and then down the other leg). The greater your feet are from eachother the greater the ground potential could be (even a few extra inches can make a big difference). If your feet are together, then the voltage difference between your two feet will be less, and the current will likely be less through your body. This safety measure (lighting desperation position) only helps for a lightning flash that strikes nearby, and not a flash that directly hits you - IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE IN THIS POSITION AND THE LIGHTNING STRIKES YOU DIRECTLY, THEN THERE IS A HIGH PROBABILITY THAT YOU WILL BE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR KILLED.

ozymandias

« Reply #13915 on: February 07, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »

Not me.

Fuck off dawg. 

Ditto, without the "Fuck off" of course.  Thats PI's perogative!   :laugh:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13916 on: February 07, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »
I wonder who else has post insecurity besides Soph and DirtDawg?

I know I'll look at my old posts sometimes and wince..."I said that? I sound like an idiot!"

Soph

« Reply #13917 on: February 07, 2008, 05:21:56 PM »
I think a lot of people probably get it, but I'm not sure.
All the people who seem to have post insecurity makae good posts IMO, so I don't know why

I think mine is because of all the complaints I've had on zomg  :laugh:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13918 on: February 07, 2008, 05:23:06 PM »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #13919 on: February 07, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »

Not me.

Fuck off dawg. 

yeah.  only without the slappy bit.

Hey I wouldn't have slapped him if I didn't think he'd get a little kick out of it  ;)