Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 367803 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #13365 on: January 03, 2008, 09:00:45 PM »
Don't leave beer,
in the freezer.

ozymandias

« Reply #13366 on: January 03, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
Mine are just starting to show what all carpenters start to get around my age.  I'll tell my wife to pick up some glucosamine when she goes shopping next thanks

You might ask Ozy, also. He will have infinitely more knowledge than most on medical subjects. If I remember correctly, his wife is a pharmacist and he is a registered nurse (or close, if not). He may have some additional medical interactions to point to that can cause us problems that we do not even think to consider.

Yep, registered nurse I am, glucosamine is pretty safe to take and inexpensive to buy.  The key to any dietary supplement is to make sure that you let your doctor or pharmacist KNOW that your taking it.  I or my wife can give advice, BUT, we DON"T know what the medical history or meds someone is on over the internet.   So please take anything I say with a grain of salt and a little research of your own.  AND I do make sure that my health care team know what I'm on, doctor's, dentists, counselors, etc.

I wouldn't have taken the Glucosamine or sam-E without the approval and clearance from my wife and Doctor.

I take and recommend melatonin for example, but, listen to DD's reaction to it.  Some stuff is not for everyone.  If you take glucosamine, monitor yourself carefully, if something doesn't feel right, STOP, and see what happens.  Listen to your body, it's the best feedback to go by.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13367 on: January 03, 2008, 10:33:09 PM »
Australia misses you

I miss Australia too.

... but you have plenty of time to go back.

(if you really want)

The prime of your life is before you, yet.

Yeah I'm hoping I can go back sometime within the next few years if I can get the money.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13368 on: January 04, 2008, 01:29:11 AM »

I have had a decent response from  glucosamine, in only about a month.

All I have read tells of waiting three months or more for an improvement, but Renaeden (I think it was) told me that it had helped her much faster.

I have to agree. My funky hip injury has mostly cleared up and my back is better, even considering I have just fended off a cold.

I have no higher recommendation to make for joint pain, assuming you get plenty of exercise already.
That's awesome. :) I am really happy that it worked for you.

My knees wouldn't be without it.

But listen to ozymandias' advice. What I said was based on my own experience.
I also know not to take SAM-e or St. John's Wort if you already take antidepressants. Quite a few people don't know this and it has surprised me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13369 on: January 04, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »
Mine are just starting to show what all carpenters start to get around my age.  I'll tell my wife to pick up some glucosamine when she goes shopping next thanks

You might ask Ozy, also. He will have infinitely more knowledge than most on medical subjects. If I remember correctly, his wife is a pharmacist and he is a registered nurse (or close, if not). He may have some additional medical interactions to point to that can cause us problems that we do not even think to consider.

Yep, registered nurse I am, glucosamine is pretty safe to take and inexpensive to buy.  The key to any dietary supplement is to make sure that you let your doctor or pharmacist KNOW that your taking it.  I or my wife can give advice, BUT, we DON"T know what the medical history or meds someone is on over the internet.   So please take anything I say with a grain of salt and a little research of your own.  AND I do make sure that my health care team know what I'm on, doctor's, dentists, counselors, etc.

I wouldn't have taken the Glucosamine or sam-E without the approval and clearance from my wife and Doctor.

I take and recommend melatonin for example, but, listen to DD's reaction to it.  Some stuff is not for everyone.  If you take glucosamine, monitor yourself carefully, if something doesn't feel right, STOP, and see what happens.  Listen to your body, it's the best feedback to go by.

Thanks, Ozy.
That is what I was talking about. (I suppose it's a deeper understanding, relevant interpretation and direct application of the basis for the Hippocratic Oath, in real time).

Even though we may think of these things on the outside, the thoughts don't always enter every action we make.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13370 on: January 04, 2008, 08:33:24 AM »
Australia misses you

I miss Australia too.

... but you have plenty of time to go back.

(if you really want)

The prime of your life is before you, yet.

Yeah I'm hoping I can go back sometime within the next few years if I can get the money.

... "get the money" and go back to get some of their money and live large!

:indeed:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #13371 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »
Someone twice my age just told me I was cute  :orly:

I can't work out whether they're taking the piss or not

v scary  :o

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #13372 on: January 04, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »
Lots of people twice your
age have done so. I can remember
doing so, myself.  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13373 on: January 04, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »

I have had a decent response from  glucosamine, in only about a month.

All I have read tells of waiting three months or more for an improvement, but Renaeden (I think it was) told me that it had helped her much faster.

I have to agree. My funky hip injury has mostly cleared up and my back is better, even considering I have just fended off a cold.

I have no higher recommendation to make for joint pain, assuming you get plenty of exercise already.
That's awesome. :) I am really happy that it worked for you.

My knees wouldn't be without it.

But listen to ozymandias' advice. What I said was based on my own experience.
I also know not to take SAM-e or St. John's Wort if you already take antidepressants. Quite a few people don't know this and it has surprised me.

I don't take any other meds, so I am not too worried.

Glad it helped you, too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13374 on: January 04, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »
I have mentioned how gifted my daughter seems to be in the areas of empathy, but she surprised me this evening.

Earlier in the afternoon, she had said that we no longer have a kitten in the house. We now have a grown up cat. I asked why and she said that the cat is acting like the women in her mom's television shows. OK, I thought that was cute and I moved on to other things.

About an hour ago I began to notice that this skinny, young, very petite cat is in heat. She is almost nine months old, but definitely in season.

... acting like the women in Mom's shows ...

:rofl:

My daughter, who just turned seven two weeks ago, is amazing!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:18:51 PM by DirtDawg »

Soph

« Reply #13375 on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »
I expect pervy comments from you though  :laugh:

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #13376 on: January 04, 2008, 11:02:03 PM »
hoping the crick in my neck subsides

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #13377 on: January 05, 2008, 03:35:06 AM »
I expect pervy comments from you though  :laugh:

Doesn't mean I don't mean them.

I ought to stop smoking.
I don't know that it's doing
any good, and my throat hurts
most of the time.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13378 on: January 09, 2008, 12:18:56 AM »
Oooo, I can look like a Fremen!

Methylene blue was used at the end of the century as a successful treatment for malaria. It disappeared as an anti-malarial during the wars in Asia, as U.S. soldiers disliked its two inevitable, fully reversible side effects: green urine and blue sclera. Interest in its use has recently been revived,[1] especially because it is very cheap. Several clinical trials are in progress, trying to find a suitable drug combination. Initial attempts to combine methylene blue with chloroquine were disappointing;[2] however, more recent attempts have appeared more promising.

The sclera is the white part of the eye, and methylene blue is sold as a fungal treatment for fish.  No tattooing necessary.

[attachment deleted by admin]
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13379 on: January 09, 2008, 08:49:55 AM »
It's Christmas morning here and the neighbours are playing Delta Dawn...already for fuck's sake.

Now all I have in my head is "Delta Dawn, wrap your pissflaps round my horn" in my head.

Just youtube'd that 'song' and that is 1.42 minutes of my life I will never get back  :'(

Though the lady did have nice pert breasts protruding through her lime green outfit, so I am grateful for this.   

Though still a 'vomitious' song!

She's actually a lesbian.