Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 371239 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #12405 on: November 07, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »
yeah, what ozy said.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12406 on: November 07, 2007, 01:41:51 PM »

I hurt. That thing I diid to my hip may be mroe serious than I thought at first. It's not gettting better, after almost a month.

Maybe you should get an x-ray, for your own peace of mind.  Anyway, hope it feels better soon.
Thanks, Ozy. I plan on doing that, tomorrow, on my day off. I would hate to find that I have a fracture that needs attention, but I'm too much of a tough old MF to accept it and then I end up with a permanent limp.

:violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12407 on: November 07, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »

I hurt. That thing I diid to my hip may be mroe serious than I thought at first. It's not gettting better, after almost a month.

Maybe you should get an x-ray, for your own peace of mind.  Anyway, hope it feels better soon.

Agreed. Although the walking sticks of today are very cool.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #12408 on: November 07, 2007, 06:24:46 PM »

Thanks, Ozy. I plan on doing that, tomorrow, on my day off. I would hate to find that I have a fracture that needs attention, but I'm too much of a tough old MF to accept it and then I end up with a permanent limp.

I had a friend who had hip problems, in fact they were so severe that he was contemplating future hip replacement.  Now I'm not saying that is the fate in store for you!  In fact I'm dealing with chronic hip pain, albeit minor myself, but, it's your future mobility and functioning that we're talking about.  And hip treatments have come a long way since the 80's, when hip replacements were pretty much "stone age" in technological terms.

Best get it checked and explore what may or MAY NOT need to be done.  Also have you ever tried dietary supplements like SAM-e or Glucosamine Sulfate.   There is some promise there and they are what I take religiously every day.

Good luck!

Soph

« Reply #12409 on: November 07, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »
will they have restocked the happy hippos in spar tomorrow?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12410 on: November 07, 2007, 09:37:26 PM »
i was just thinking about Peter and his massage guy.

Where were your hands at the time?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12411 on: November 07, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »

I had a friend who had hip problems, in fact they were so severe that he was contemplating future hip replacement.  Now I'm not saying that is the fate in store for you!  In fact I'm dealing with chronic hip pain, albeit minor myself, but, it's your future mobility and functioning that we're talking about.  And hip treatments have come a long way since the 80's, when hip replacements were pretty much "stone age" in technological terms.

Best get it checked and explore what may or MAY NOT need to be done.  Also have you ever tried dietary supplements like SAM-e or Glucosamine Sulfate.   There is some promise there and they are what I take religiously every day.

Good luck!

I want a titanium pelvis.  It'll be hollow so that I can fill it with bone marrow and not die.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Soph

« Reply #12412 on: November 08, 2007, 12:51:12 AM »
I have to get up and get a shower in ten minutes. I'm going to listen to the Vines in the car. Sophie used to be obsessed with them. They dedicated a song to her at one of their gigs the other day.  :)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12413 on: November 08, 2007, 07:31:23 AM »

Good luck!

My mom has been trying since the spring to get me on Glucosamine for my ancient back injury and associated stiffness and possible arthritis. I may give it a try in the coming months. I understand that it takes about three to five months to yield a benefit. Is this true, in your experience?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #12414 on: November 08, 2007, 07:34:07 AM »
Tired. Really tired.

The_P

« Reply #12415 on: November 08, 2007, 08:24:24 AM »
My father's such a negative bastard when it comes to this job business of mine. Oh gee, you had your first proper job at 15 -- want a medal?  :violin:

ozymandias

« Reply #12416 on: November 08, 2007, 08:41:47 AM »

Good luck!

My mom has been trying since the spring to get me on Glucosamine for my ancient back injury and associated stiffness and possible arthritis. I may give it a try in the coming months. I understand that it takes about three to five months to yield a benefit. Is this true, in your experience?

Yes, but, the alternative is popping over the counter pain meds long term, which don't do your stomach or Liver much good.  Consider also SAM-e,  S-adenosylmethionine, by "NATURE MADE".  It has also helped in conjunction with the Glucosamine.  It also helps with mood and joint comfort.     It tends to work sooner, but, it was something my wife recommended when I went into one of my mood tailspins.  Of course a better mood can help with pain tolerance.

Also look into specific exercises that you can do to stengthen your back, nothing strenous or high impact.  A good physical therapist can recommend those.  Walking is good, swimming is excellent (that is if you have access to an indoor pool.).  That can help with chronic pain.  I also invested in a good heating pad for those days when I feel really stiff and achy.  Put on some good tunes, a nice glass of your favorite beverage, and a good half hour or even 20 minutes can be helpful.

This may also sound "New Agey", but consider also classes in Yoga or Tai Chi, for gentle workouts and stretching.

The fact is, all this stiffness and "rheumatism" is par for the course as we're getting older, but, at least we have a lot more alternatives then our parents and grandparents did.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12417 on: November 08, 2007, 02:29:07 PM »

Yes, but, the alternative is popping over the counter pain meds long term, which don't do your stomach or Liver much good.  Consider also SAM-e,  S-adenosylmethionine, by "NATURE MADE".  It has also helped in conjunction with the Glucosamine.  It also helps with mood and joint comfort.     It tends to work sooner, but, it was something my wife recommended when I went into one of my mood tailspins.  Of course a better mood can help with pain tolerance.

Also look into specific exercises that you can do to stengthen your back, nothing strenous or high impact.  A good physical therapist can recommend those.  Walking is good, swimming is excellent (that is if you have access to an indoor pool.).  That can help with chronic pain.  I also invested in a good heating pad for those days when I feel really stiff and achy.  Put on some good tunes, a nice glass of your favorite beverage, and a good half hour or even 20 minutes can be helpful.

This may also sound "New Agey", but consider also classes in Yoga or Tai Chi, for gentle workouts and stretching.

The fact is, all this stiffness and "rheumatism" is par for the course as we're getting older, but, at least we have a lot more alternatives then our parents and grandparents did.

Thanks, Ozy. Good advice, overall!

I do try to avoid OTC daily doses. I have been seeing Glucosamine around for years and even done some research already. I have yet to look into SAM-e, though. I will certainly give them a closer look.

I have actually had some decent care for my "old, old" back injury and I generally keep up quite a regimen of stretching and light exercises, specifically recommended for my lower back difficulties.

I may be a little "New Age-ish" myself. I have tried to do some Yoga, and I have worked a few stretches into my routine, but I can only manage the most elementary positions, mainly due to overall inflexibility in all my joints. I took yoga classes years ago and I was called a testosterone pit from being so stiff. :D 

I also do some Tai Chi, every single day, but I could always do more, if I had the guts. I really can't imagine where I would be now, if I had not started Tai Chi about twenty years ago. What I really need is larger blocks of time these days to be able to reach my goals more often, undisturbed. Right now, with this hip thing, I can't do about half of my moves in the proper form.  :grrr:  Hell, before my hip dislocated, I could still sidekick above my head. Pretty fucking good for a fifty two year old, but now I'm just gimpy.

The doc told me today to put heat on my hip. They did an old fashioned X-ray on me, four of them, and I will have to wait for results until tomorrow. They actually did one with my thigh against my chest, tied with a two straps and under pressure. I could barely breathe! They also did one with my leg bent and laid off to the outside as far as it would go, before I felt like screaming.
I thought hip joints were fairly simple things, but I guess not.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12418 on: November 08, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
Hip joints are hip. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12419 on: November 08, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

:puke: