Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 370976 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #12360 on: November 05, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »
Well, he's also very socially adept.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #12361 on: November 05, 2007, 11:23:49 AM »
That's what she calls dodgy? Damn!
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12362 on: November 05, 2007, 12:37:11 PM »
i was extroverted but suffered great migraines as a result. i don't know if aspies can be like that without consequences.

I think this is the problem. I can be very extroverted, when I'm "playing a character,"  outside my normal self,  but I always have a consequence to deal with, later. Mine usually comes in the form of a loss of tactile sense, rather than a migraine. I can be quite loopy, though, if I can't feel my body. Deep depression follows, if I can't get it under control.

The problem is that the whole processional march takes longer than I have to use for recovery, betweeen the "game"  and next time I have to get to the job, normally. This job may be the best type of thing for me (well, next to photography), because I can walk around doing amazing things, in my own little world, most of the time. I am working with black and white instructions, only have direct contact with a couple of people and I can make my own decisions for the incidentals.

I will never make much money, but I will stay busy and I believe I will be able to maintain my(autie)self in good shape, conserved for the rest of my responsibilities. Hopefully, I can resist the kind of meltdowns that cause the Bosses to reconsider my position.

: :bunny::
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12363 on: November 05, 2007, 12:45:11 PM »
(not related to any of the above).

pah.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12364 on: November 05, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »
OK, diet pepsi, feel free to "hit" any time.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12365 on: November 05, 2007, 03:43:49 PM »
Fucking migraines.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #12366 on: November 05, 2007, 05:31:55 PM »
i was extroverted but suffered great migraines as a result. i don't know if aspies can be like that without consequences.

heh in that case I am your exception... i can be really extrovert at times and my only downfall in that reguard is that i do it so well i show up all the extroverts around me :naruto4:

i (thankfully) dont suffer any form of migrane from being extrovert (unless i aint had much water/sleep/water&sleep!).

I think this is the problem. I can be very extroverted, when I'm "playing a character,"  outside my normal self,  but I always have a consequence to deal with, later.

lol someone else who "plays the character"... its fun dont u think...

ever since i learnt about social situations i have played the character just to make things simpler when they need to be and also so that people will not bother interupptimg me when i'm analysing social peer groups and their behaviours...

kinda like wearing a social ninja suit, blending in perfectly with the surroundings and watching people fuck up their friendships etc etc and having lots of fun watching and sometimes joining in if it's safe to do so :D.

God if most NT's knew about that then i'd probably be rumbled but they never can tell which is a good thing i feel.

I will never make much money, but I will stay busy and I believe I will be able to maintain my(autie)self in good shape, conserved for the rest of my responsibilities. Hopefully, I can resist the kind of meltdowns that cause the Bosses to reconsider my position.

: :bunny::

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12367 on: November 05, 2007, 06:09:55 PM »

Playing a character one of my many coping mechanisms, Badge. I have learned how far I can push it fairly well, but I often catch myself doing little quick stims. That is an indication to myself that I am not quite as aware of my stress level as I was thinking and I need to back it off a bit.

I mainly have to suffer the horrid consequence after I have kept it up for too long or had to keep "the face" when I am already overloaded.

There is a guy at work who overloads me in about twenty seconds of exposure to him. He's like a cartoon. I can usually avoid him, but if he gets too close, I get the creeps. One of these days, he's going to surprise me. When that happens, I'm going to jump about three feet off the floor and probably shriek!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12368 on: November 05, 2007, 06:16:15 PM »

Playing a character one of my many coping mechanisms, Badge. I have learned how far I can push it fairly well, but I often catch myself doing little quick stims. That is an indication to myself that I am not quite as aware of my stress level as I was thinking and I need to back it off a bit.

Yea i cant hold it for very long in large groups of people either... especially cos i have different faces now for different types of ppl.

I mainly have to suffer the horrid consequence after I have kept it up for too long or had to keep "the face" when I am already overloaded.

what do u mean by that.... doesnt sound too good.

There is a guy at work who overloads me in about twenty seconds of exposure to him. He's like a cartoon. I can usually avoid him, but if he gets too close, I get the creeps. One of these days, he's going to surprise me. When that happens, I'm going to jump about three feet off the floor and probably shriek!

then just be blunt with him if nothing else works... say you dont like him or how he treats you... failing that just tell him to fuck off everytime you see him... i find that works a treat :D .

however if he's your boss or higher up the corporate ladder than you then be polite and say...

FUCK OFF PLEASE SIR !!!!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12369 on: November 05, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »

Yea i cant hold it for very long in large groups of people either... especially cos i have different faces now for different types of ppl.

then just be blunt with him if nothing else works... say you dont like him or how he treats you... failing that just tell him to fuck off everytime you see him... i find that works a treat :D .

however if he's your boss or higher up the corporate ladder than you then be polite and say...

FUCK OFF PLEASE SIR !!!!

I do this too I play confident businessman  can usually hold out about an hour then I start to loose it more if drinking ;D  After I have to be alone or I start snapping which can be very bad that and sleep
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12370 on: November 05, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »
heh thankfully i hate business so i doubt i'd ever be in an office environment...

care is much better... no nonsense, no fuss (apparantly lol)...

:gaara:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12371 on: November 05, 2007, 07:13:23 PM »

FUCK OFF PLEASE SIR !!!!

The problem with this guy, is that he is a boss. He is very animated, physically, but mainly he's just TOO FUCKING NICE while he's bouncing around!   It freaks me out!
:D

I've talked about it a bit, here. It's like Milla said ... she gets migraines from being too extroverted. I get migraines, but they are usually from extreme fatigue together with stressful things, not from playing an extroverted character too much. I also switch characters, sometimes, which can help to delay the inevitable, quite a bit.

When I have to be extro' for too long, I lose my tactile senses completely. That's what I meant by horrid consequence.

:violin:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 07:49:32 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12372 on: November 05, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »
heh thankfully i hate business so i doubt i'd ever be in an office environment...

care is much better... no nonsense, no fuss (apparantly lol)...

:gaara:

I work construction so I don't do offices I just have to act it when bidding jobs.  If I ever worked in an office you'd see me on the news after about a week under "Mass shooting at office park"
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12373 on: November 05, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »
heh heh heh

yea always time for sum killing after a stressfull day at the office...

Toasty :D

:fireball: :gaara:

ozymandias

« Reply #12374 on: November 05, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »

FUCK OFF PLEASE SIR !!!!

The problem with this guy, is that he is a boss. He is very animated, physically, but mainly he's just TOO FUCKING NICE while he's bouncing around!   It freaks me out!
:D

I've talked about it a bit, here. It's like Milla said ... she gets migraines from being too extroverted. I get migraines, but they are usually from extreme fatigue together with stressful things, not from playing an extroverted character too much. I also switch characters, sometimes, which can help to delay the inevitable, quite a bit.

When I have to be extro' for too long, I lose my tactile senses completely. That's what I meant by horrid consequence.

:violin:

I hear the DAWG, and it is loud and clear! :plus: :dawg: