Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 370781 times)

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #12345 on: November 04, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »
That's why Dell, Microsoft, and others place their call centre's there. :laugh:

Low corporate tax rate.  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12346 on: November 04, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »

I prefer Milla's theory. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12347 on: November 04, 2007, 04:15:15 PM »
I just did a very long and grueling day. I am in much better shape than when I started three weeeks ago ago. I would have died halfway through, at that time.

Next ...
I am getting shit together to do some floor shaking. 
Two weeks ago, a friend brought me an old amp to look at that did not work. He had blown out the output transistors and a few other things. I replaced the outputs on both sides, (from another amp, similar, that had a blown power transformer) a few resistors and some coupling caps to be safe and I am preparing to make it rock out. I brought in my two double fifteen bass cabinets, hooked them to my LFE channel, crossed over at forty cycles. I'm using my (I always have this) quad fifteen and thousand watt McIntosh for the lows (below forty cycles, which I use for movies) and the dual fifteen cabs will bring in the upper bass, with this fifteeen hundred watt pro amp.

The goal is to make this thing hot and see if it can take it, with the work I did to it. I'm fairly confident that it's fixed.

Mommy is taking the kids to their uncles house, who they missed on Halloweeen for a couple of hours and the house will be mine. MINE! ALL MINE!!

Heavy guitar rock in a feww minutes!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #12348 on: November 04, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »
I just did a very long and grueling day. I am in much better shape than when I started three weeeks ago ago. I would have died halfway through, at that time.

Next ...
Two weeks ago, a friend brought me an old amp to look at that did not work. He had blown out the output transistors and a few other things. I replaced the outputs on both sides, (from another amp, similar, that had a blown power transformer) a few resistors and some coupling caps to be safe and I am preparing to make it rock out. I brought in my two double fifteen bass cabinets, hooked them to my LFE channel, crossed over at forty cycles. I'm using my (I always have this) quad fifteen and thousand watt McIntosh for the lows (below forty cycles, which I use for movies) and the dual fifteen cabs will bring in the upper bass, with this fifteeen hundred watt pro amp.

The goal is to make this thing hot and see if it can take it, with the work I did to it. I'm fairly confident that it's fixed.

Mommy is taking the kids to their uncles house, who they missed on Halloweeen for a couple of hours and the house will be mine. MINE! ALL MINE!!

:headbang2: :rock: :headbang2:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12349 on: November 04, 2007, 11:02:38 PM »
I have a job interview on Wednesday.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #12350 on: November 04, 2007, 11:04:27 PM »
Good luck!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12351 on: November 04, 2007, 11:09:38 PM »

I prefer Milla's theory. :P

it's cuz they're drunk. :laugh:

slurping guinness at work.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #12352 on: November 05, 2007, 12:03:21 AM »
Or busy,

Slurping penises at work.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12353 on: November 05, 2007, 02:19:01 AM »

Good luck! :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12354 on: November 05, 2007, 05:32:56 AM »
Good luck! :)
Good luck!
Thank you! I am looking forward to it...yet not.
There are times when I wish autism would leave me for a couple of hours...
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12355 on: November 05, 2007, 05:36:45 AM »
i wish that the NT world would leave me alone, is what i wish sometimes. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12356 on: November 05, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »
Thinking of a funny conversation yesterday with a friend who has been taking teaching classes, one of which mentioned kids with Asperger's:

Him:  And they talked about how the kids can be like walking encyclopedias.
Me:  Yeah, little professors.  I was like that as a kid.
Him:  Me too.  This class had me thinking for just a second...
Me:  You don't have it.  You're way too extroverted.  You're just smart.
Him:  Well, yeah.

:laugh:  He is by the way either the most extroverted person I have ever known, or the second most.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12357 on: November 05, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »
Thinking of a funny conversation yesterday with a friend who has been taking teaching classes, one of which mentioned kids with Asperger's:

Him:  And they talked about how the kids can be like walking encyclopedias.
Me:  Yeah, little professors.  I was like that as a kid.
Him:  Me too.  This class had me thinking for just a second...
Me:  You don't have it.  You're way too extroverted.  You're just smart.
Him:  Well, yeah.

:laugh:  He is by the way either the most extroverted person I have ever known, or the second most.

Feynman was about as extroverted as they come, but also very AS.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12358 on: November 05, 2007, 09:07:51 AM »
i was extroverted but suffered great migraines as a result. i don't know if aspies can be like that without consequences.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12359 on: November 05, 2007, 09:26:04 AM »

Next ...

:headbang2: :rock: :headbang2:

:headbang:

Yes, this thing kicks ass! I was not able to get it hot, until I set it up in mono mode and connected my speakers for two Ohms. I'm running it hot as fuck, right now! It is not distorting.

Theoretically, it's giving me thirty five hundred watts, at clipping, across eight modded JBL E140s, from thirty (and below) Hz to around one hundred eighty Hz. (yes, I lowered the crossover frequency) I haven't clipped it but a few times.

I think it's fixed!! I'm anxious to give it back to him and put it in his PA system, again.

(The floor is shaking!!)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:29:59 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.