Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 368140 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #12135 on: October 24, 2007, 05:53:44 PM »
Damn I'm slipping back into the habit of staying up too late, its too easy to do but I don't want to go back to being tired half the day again.  :-\

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12136 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »
Rock on, Pea.

Eh, anything to cheer you up.

I'm cheered anyway; mostly just took a good night's sleep.

And not running into him today.  :laugh:  Today's usually the day we end up in the same area; I won't be as worried next week, but I think that this week it was relatively reasonable of me to worry that he'd try to confront me and talk to me if he saw me.

Less reasonable, of course, was the idea that I was being followed on the drive back.  Some car with evil highbeams was behind me for two turns (maybe two or three miles); I started to get really weirded out by the end of it.  Thing is, I wasn't sure if I should be worried aboutt he car behind me, or checking the backseat.  Worse, I kept worrying that I'd die with britney spears still playing.

I mean, uh, with, uh.... yeah, fuck it, if THAT's the final straw that makes me lose the respect of the people here, it'll be funny enough that it's worth it.  :D
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12137 on: October 24, 2007, 06:07:06 PM »

My daughter said, today (while doing her homework), over one of those long wordy problems about how much money it would take to do stuff for certain projects, "Dad, these problems are really hard! It's just like algebra. I'm in the first grade and there making me do algebra. Don't you think that's a little weird?"
:D

She's in an advanced class, yes, but she is also mimicking the tone of her older brother's complaints about his surprisingly difficult algebra problems. I'm just pleased to see that she recognizes it for what it is.

Ya know I noticed that they seem to be shoving advanced math earlier and earlier into elementary school!!! :grrr:  WTF???   It is weird, kudo's to your daughter for recognizing this!

I remember at school, they'd changed the name of geometry to 'shapes and objects', so our textbooks had a 'shapes and objects' chapter instead of a geometry chapter.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12138 on: October 24, 2007, 06:08:55 PM »

My daughter said, today (while doing her homework), over one of those long wordy problems about how much money it would take to do stuff for certain projects, "Dad, these problems are really hard! It's just like algebra. I'm in the first grade and there making me do algebra. Don't you think that's a little weird?"

She's in an advanced class, yes, but she is also mimicking the tone of her older brother's complaints about his surprisingly difficult algebra problems. I'm just pleased to see that she recognizes it for what it is.

Ya know I noticed that they seem to be shoving advanced math earlier and earlier into elementary school!!! :grrr:  WTF???   It is weird, kudo's to your daughter for recognizing this!

I remember at school, they'd changed the name of geometry to 'shapes and objects', so our textbooks had a 'shapes and objects' chapter instead of a geometry chapter.
Given the "geometry" they teach at school, Shapes and Objects is probably a better name for it :P

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12139 on: October 24, 2007, 09:00:06 PM »
Rock on, Pea.

And not running into him today.  :laugh:  Today's usually the day we end up in the same area; I won't be as worried next week, but I think that this week it was relatively reasonable of me to worry that he'd try to confront me and talk to me if he saw me.

Less reasonable, of course, was the idea that I was being followed on the drive back.  Some car with evil highbeams was behind me for two turns (maybe two or three miles); I started to get really weirded out by the end of it.  Thing is, I wasn't sure if I should be worried aboutt he car behind me, or checking the backseat.  Worse, I kept worrying that I'd die with britney spears still playing.

I mean, uh, with, uh.... yeah, fuck it, if THAT's the final straw that makes me lose the respect of the people here, it'll be funny enough that it's worth it.  :D

If you think that you are being followed, and you know the area, you can make four right turns in succession, which means you drive around a block, and see if they follow you. 

If the car is still behind you, drive to the nearest police station or if you can't, to some very busy area.

When they realize that you are taking them to the police station, they will usually stop following you.

I don't think that Thagomizer would really be following you, though.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12140 on: October 25, 2007, 01:41:37 AM »
That is some good advice.

Once I was driving home after the afternoon shift at work, I was about halfway home when one of my twisty sunshades that I have unraveled on the back seat.

What a fright that gave me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12141 on: October 25, 2007, 05:43:52 AM »
I get followed but it usually ends up being either some sort of security or unmarked cop cars :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12142 on: October 25, 2007, 05:45:52 AM »
Rock on, Pea.

If you think that you are being followed, and you know the area, you can make four right turns in succession, which means you drive around a block, and see if they follow you. 

If the car is still behind you, drive to the nearest police station or if you can't, to some very busy area.

When they realize that you are taking them to the police station, they will usually stop following you.

I don't think that Thagomizer would really be following you, though.

Lol, no, I know I wasn't being followed, let alone by him.  That's actually what I did/was going to do (cool!  I do shit right sometimes!); I doubled back to a more crowded street, going in the direction I'd been coming from, and they didn't follow.  if they HAD followed; I already had my cell out and turned out (paraniod, fine, but whatever) and I was going to drive back to school to the to the campus police station (the closest one I knew the location of).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12143 on: October 25, 2007, 07:16:07 AM »

It's because the kids can do it, I think. My view is that the educational system in the USA has been overly conservative for several generations. I can't stand GHWB, but his NKLB plan has moments of brilliance, I believe.

Fuck! I was in sixth grade and bored out of my fucking skull, before anyone introduced me to some finer points of simple algebra. I had already figured out the basics and I smoked through the first text book in two weeks. Then I was ready for more, but it was another miserable year before they gave me anything new. I got a bike that year though and I went to the library a lot.:D

This plan is much more in line with their abilities. Keeping them interested in learning is The Whole Ballgame!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12144 on: October 25, 2007, 07:17:36 AM »

GOD DAMN!

There be breeze to shoot, here!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12145 on: October 25, 2007, 07:19:18 AM »
I just found out that bleach in a spray bottle makes for an amazing room deodoriser.  The house smells a little like a swimming bath now, but it's a refreshing, pleasant smell, not like the bitter, gagging stench that comes from commercial 'air fresheners'.

:yikes:

I would fucking tackle YOU to the floor you before the second spray!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:00:21 PM by MarkingDawg »

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #12146 on: October 25, 2007, 07:50:26 AM »
Oh my God, someone put Big Wolf on Campus on Stage6, you fucking rock!
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

duncvis

« Reply #12147 on: October 25, 2007, 08:22:29 AM »
Almost out of tramadol. I think I can sense a back strain coming on next week which will require some.  :eyebrows:

The_P

« Reply #12148 on: October 25, 2007, 08:22:55 AM »

Oh my God, if you actually had a body like that, I would consider to date you!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:28:33 AM by King Peegai »

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #12149 on: October 25, 2007, 09:05:20 AM »

Oh my God, if you actually had a body like that, I would consider to date you!

Too bad you'll never find out.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law