Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 365148 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #9645 on: June 25, 2007, 03:02:37 PM »
The kid says it was about free speech.  It had to be at least 50% shit-stirring.  I don't think it should be a very big deal, but come on.  He knew he was going to push someone's buttons.

What did he hangt the banner from, is my question.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9646 on: June 25, 2007, 03:08:48 PM »

his knob.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9647 on: June 25, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »
More US legal nonsense:

US man loses $54m trousers claim

A US judge has lost a $54m (£27m) claim against a South Korean dry-cleaning firm which lost a pair of his trousers.

Roy Pearson, a judge of administrative law, claimed that Custom Cleaners had violated the Consumer Protection Act.

By refusing to pay him $1,000 (£500) after losing his trousers, they failed to honour a pledge to provide "Satisfaction Guaranteed", he argued.

But a Washington judge dismissed the case, which drew international attention, awarding the cleaners costs.

Legal groups have said the case, which has dragged on for two years and involved thousands of hours of legal investigative work, has damaged the image of the US judicial system.

'American nightmare'

The National Labor Relations Board has called for Mr Pearson to be disbarred so that he can no longer serve as a judge.

His case began in 2005 when Mr Pearson took several suits to his local dry-cleaner's in Washington to have some alterations made.

When he returned two days later, a pair of trousers was missing.

The South Korean family running the dry-cleaners, the Chungs, said they found the missing trousers a few days later and tried to return them but Mr Pearson insisted they were not his.

His multimillion dollar calculations for damages included the 1,400 hours he says he spent preparing the case.

According to the Washington Post, he also added the cost of hiring a car every weekend to enable him to drive to an alternative dry-cleaners for the next 10 years.

The Chungs' lawyer, Chris Manning, said that the protracted case had transformed the family's American dream into "the American nightmare", according to the AP.

He said the family, who own three dry-cleaners in the Washington area, were considering returning to South Korea.

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9648 on: June 25, 2007, 03:57:39 PM »
More US legal nonsense:

US man loses $54m trousers claim

A US judge has lost a $54m (£27m) claim against a South Korean dry-cleaning firm which lost a pair of his trousers.

Roy Pearson, a judge of administrative law, claimed that Custom Cleaners had violated the Consumer Protection Act.

By refusing to pay him $1,000 (£500) after losing his trousers, they failed to honour a pledge to provide "Satisfaction Guaranteed", he argued.

But a Washington judge dismissed the case, which drew international attention, awarding the cleaners costs.

Legal groups have said the case, which has dragged on for two years and involved thousands of hours of legal investigative work, has damaged the image of the US judicial system.

'American nightmare'

The National Labor Relations Board has called for Mr Pearson to be disbarred so that he can no longer serve as a judge.

His case began in 2005 when Mr Pearson took several suits to his local dry-cleaner's in Washington to have some alterations made.

When he returned two days later, a pair of trousers was missing.

The South Korean family running the dry-cleaners, the Chungs, said they found the missing trousers a few days later and tried to return them but Mr Pearson insisted they were not his.

His multimillion dollar calculations for damages included the 1,400 hours he says he spent preparing the case.

According to the Washington Post, he also added the cost of hiring a car every weekend to enable him to drive to an alternative dry-cleaners for the next 10 years.

The Chungs' lawyer, Chris Manning, said that the protracted case had transformed the family's American dream into "the American nightmare", according to the AP.

He said the family, who own three dry-cleaners in the Washington area, were considering returning to South Korea.

I'd heard about that.  It's completely fucking ridiculous.

ozymandias

« Reply #9649 on: June 25, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »
That is a judge that should be kicked out of the courtroom on his ass.  $54 million dollars for a fucking pair of pants!! ::)  Shit happens dude....take your sorry ass out of the judges chair, because you have about as much good judgment as road kill.!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9650 on: June 25, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »
I need a nap.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9651 on: June 25, 2007, 05:26:29 PM »
Sweet, merciful crap, is Adam Gontier hot in the video for Pain.

Shallow?  Me?  Nah.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9652 on: June 25, 2007, 05:54:53 PM »
The kid says it was about free speech.  It had to be at least 50% shit-stirring.  I don't think it should be a very big deal, but come on.  He knew he was going to push someone's buttons.

I'd say closer to 100% shit-stirring and button pushing from the kid who started it, but I still think he was a pawn. Something unrelated to the kid's rights (Wait a minute - he was a minor. How can he have Rights? :laugh:) shoved this thing to the top. My main point is that it is not a Federal issue, but it should be a local issue and, even more properly, a per school issue. Obviously, we can't have kids "promoting" Bong Hits, but the fact that the case went to the Supreme Court makes me suspect that there was some manipulative precedent setting going on and I further suspect that it was Right Wingnuts on both sides of the fight. I've read a translated version of Mein Kampf enough to see way too many similarities to the "dressing and preparation" of youth towards a goal, which most of us can't bear to think about.

I tried to find something about where he had hung the banner with no luck, but that part of the story is pretty old. Maybe Lucifer is on the money.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:57:13 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9653 on: June 25, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »
Damn WP is down again and I'm bored and tired.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9654 on: June 25, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »
This is the Western values thing that TJ spoke of in another thread, right?
Sorry if it was already posted. I had not seen his post.

No, it was an ironic reference to his wanting to start a new crusade to defend the Western values. I know, I know, I'm assuming everybody reads the same threads I do... :asthing:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9655 on: June 25, 2007, 06:51:46 PM »
This is the Western values thing that TJ spoke of in another thread, right?
Sorry if it was already posted. I had not seen his post.

No, it was an ironic reference to his wanting to start a new crusade to defend the Western values. I know, I know, I'm assuming everybody reads the same threads I do... :asthing:

I've been right there with you.

:asthing:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9656 on: June 25, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
Bong Hits For Buddha, i'd buy that tee shirt. Bong Hits For Jesus doesn't sound as good.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

ozymandias

« Reply #9657 on: June 25, 2007, 08:41:06 PM »
"Once I was all messed up on drugs, now, I'm all messed up on the Lord."   (from a Cheech and Chong album from the 70's)

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #9658 on: June 26, 2007, 01:29:05 AM »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9659 on: June 26, 2007, 05:15:29 AM »
sounds like something Onion would write.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: