Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 367675 times)

ozymandias

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #6705 on: February 07, 2007, 03:41:48 PM »
We don't get rooms.........we TAKE THEM! :evillaugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6706 on: February 07, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »
We don't get rooms.........we TAKE THEM! :evillaugh:

Room service?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #6707 on: February 07, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
Bah, who needs room service! We take everything up to the room that we're going to need!  Casks of Ale, Wenches, Joints of Beef. :evillaugh:

Room service, we don need no steeeeenkeeeng room service! >:D

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6708 on: February 07, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »
Why don't I want to go to bed tonight?  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6709 on: February 07, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »
This kind of shit scares me a little and pisses me off a lot. If we are doing missile tests, again, they need to tell us. If North Korea has developed a long range misslie, they should tell us.

UFO Seen Over Hawaii

"(Honolulu, HI) - Surfers at Hawaii's Kewalo Bay got an unexpected light show Friday night. The unidentified lights in the sky caused one local man to pull his son out of the water as a precaution.

But an expert says there is a perfectly good explanation for the unusual sight. UFO's seen over the South Shore sky are raising questions.

It's hard to draw a surfer's attention away from the next wave, but whatever was in the northwest sky Friday evening around 6:20 p.m. drew a crowd along Kewalo Basin and Ala Moana Beach Park.

Honolulu resident Peter Hollingworth described as two lights circling in the sky, about 45 degrees above the horizon. Video of one of the lights was recorded from the KHON skycam.

"These two little fireballs with a stream behind it," said Hollingworth, "Looked kind of like a shooting start but it just kept going. They changed directions a few times, at first it was coming in then it turned, then it went out then it came back in again."

Hollingworth was surfing with his 12-year-old son when the unexpected show began.

"I was a little concerned. I told him 'come over and sit with me. This might be the last surf session we ever have together because this thing's coming straight for Honolulu.' It looked deadly to me. It was kind of spooky."

The National Weather Service says nothing showed up on their radar at the time of the sighting and the Federal Aviation Administration did not report anything unusual.

The U.S. Military conducted a missile defense test off of Kauai Friday evening, but the test didn't begin until 7:20 p.m.

"This in a sense is an unidentified flying object," said University of Hawaii Astronomy professor Gareth Wynn-Williams.

"It's something in the sky that's moving that we haven't identified," Wynn-Williams believes there's a simple explanation behind the UFO's. "It's probably a contrail of some kind," he said while watching video of one of the lights at his Kailua home.

The professor says contrails are caused by high-flying airplanes burning hydrogen-based fuels.

One of the byproducts of the fuel exhaust is water. "The air is very cold so the water condenses and forms like drops very quickly and then these drops stay behind the plane until eventually they warm up and they evaporate."

Wynn-Williams doubts little green men from Mars are behind the UFO's. "Some people just think differently than scientists and they like to look for the fanciest, most exciting explanation. Those people would like to think it's little green men, I think that's very unlikely."

According to published reports, this is not the first time a UFO has grabbed the attention of Hawaii residents.

In December of 2004, an unexplained streak of light was captured by a camera on Haleakala, moving southwest to northeast. No official explanation has been given for that UFO either."

UFO Over Hawaii Puzzles Astronomers (BULLSHIT!)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:19:27 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6710 on: February 08, 2007, 01:19:21 AM »
If they're developing ufo's though, that's cool?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6711 on: February 08, 2007, 03:06:03 AM »
I am feeling a deficiency of lovin' lately.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #6712 on: February 08, 2007, 08:00:20 AM »
I almost feel like starting a new aphabet game where each and every post must mention hentai. Concidering the reaction to merely mentioning it once, hilarity would probably ensue.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6713 on: February 08, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »
I almost feel like starting a new aphabet game where each and every post must mention hentai. Concidering the reaction to merely mentioning it once, hilarity would probably ensue.

Why only almost?   I always took you for someone who usually gave into their mischievous urges >:D

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #6714 on: February 08, 2007, 08:46:21 AM »
My main inhibition is the fact that, unlike within the forums visible to members only, Google Is Watching You. Searching for me gets screwed up results already.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #6715 on: February 08, 2007, 08:49:36 AM »
...though it's not too bad at the moment, it seems. I hadn't checked in a while.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6716 on: February 08, 2007, 08:55:04 AM »
Is there any particular reason why it matters what google hits your user name brings up?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #6717 on: February 08, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »
I have searched Google to see what it would bring up with My user name but it was just to much. :laugh:

Guardian of the Empire

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Postwhore
« Reply #6718 on: February 08, 2007, 09:12:52 AM »
Is there any particular reason why it matters what google hits your user name brings up?
It doesn't matter here, but it could elsewhere, as "fluffalizer" is becoming my new main online name.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6719 on: February 08, 2007, 09:26:53 AM »
It doesn't matter here, but it could elsewhere, as "fluffalizer" is becoming my new main online name.

I see- I tend to have different user names for different purposes so that people can't stumble across stuff I've posted on other sites unless I want them too.