Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 368171 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #6570 on: February 02, 2007, 07:50:03 AM »
Can you get a license to sell? That's how I became cool to all the macho dicks. I got a BATF certification (bureau that enforces Federal gun laws) and suddenly it was my dick that you needed to suck, if you wanted to be cool, too. I never opened a store or made a profit ... I just supported the gun club and my friends' habits.

I think that no-one who hasn't been a member of a shooting club or a hunter himself for many years will get a permit to sell guns here. It's the tight restrictions that make most people avoid even trying to get a legal gun, at least a pistol. Rifles were pretty easy obtainable until 1985 here, you just needed to have two persons signing a testimonial that you were honest and law abiding, but I was a minor back then.  :(

What are the laws on manufacturing your own gun?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #6571 on: February 02, 2007, 07:53:55 AM »
Like in the UK, I think. It's forbidden to make any firearm without a license as well...

duncvis

« Reply #6572 on: February 02, 2007, 09:08:34 AM »
Just don't use that drive too much before you get a chance to try the freeware tool. It's the actual read/writes that destroy the data. Formatting doesn't, if you aren't being thorough.

I want a new computer, too. The laptop I'm using now is seven or eight years old now. :(

cheers odeon... I seem to be able to recover about a quarter of my lost music, and it found loads more than Recover My Files did. I'm keeping this one for next time I fuck up. :thumbup:

Heh, I ended up doing a bit of cobbling, its a 'small form factor' PC and everything inside is the bare minimum for space - including connections to IDE and power cables. :tantrum:  I had to cut the plug for the floppy drive off and join the wires to a spare drive plug I cut off my old computer and tape the fuckers up lol, and recycle the primary IDE cable since the one on it was crap and only had one connection also. Still, it now has a second hard drive and my DVD writer installed - with any luck the DDR RAM I have knocking around will work too.  :green:
This is great news, Dunc. Hopefully most of the hard to come by music is in that quarter. I have got a lot of songs on one disc and if I lost it I would be fucked. I have it duped, but It's a three hundred GB hard drive that I have backed up on six other smaller disks, that I already had when I got the big one. I sometimes have to remind myself that I really COULD live without forty three thousand songs, just as a reality check, but I listen to more genres than average people, plus I'm a lot older and my tastes have evolved and grown, too. If we cut off our legs and counted, there would be a lot more rings on my leg. That's why I need so much music ... to keep the rings wet.

Your cobble work is a newer, better box you bought or re-hashing one you already had?

Attacking, I mean upgrading, a newer, better but rather tiny box I bought off ebay on Monday.  :green: The good news is the RAM I've just added works just fine, so I now have 768MB DDR RAM on this PC, yay... no big deal to some, but I've been making do with a wheezy old Celeron 900 box with 256 MB SDRAM for years. In comparison, this is a flying machine.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6573 on: February 02, 2007, 09:16:12 AM »
Shit, there was some nice light out 30 mins ago, and now the sky is totally overcast. So much for my plans to go down to the waterfront and do some shooting.

remember to aim for the heart. :P

seriously though, i heard cloudy weather makes for great pictures.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #6574 on: February 02, 2007, 10:53:43 AM »
is it a fart.  or am i going to be sorry if i don't go and sit on the toilet....
Misunderstood.

duncvis

this news just in, from WTF corner...
« Reply #6575 on: February 02, 2007, 11:25:02 AM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: this news just in, from WTF corner...
« Reply #6576 on: February 02, 2007, 11:28:01 AM »

Litigious

« Reply #6577 on: February 02, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
It makes the cock look weird too. And he's got something stucked into his urethra.  ???

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6578 on: February 02, 2007, 11:35:54 AM »
It makes the cock look weird too. And he's got something stucked into his urethra.  ???

I thought that was an intentional black box like the ones they sometimes place over private parts to censor them or over eyes to disguise identities.   ???

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6579 on: February 02, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »
Thank god it works!

I've been on the phone for the last half hour talking a kid through the set up of a Hammond B3 organ they just got at the church where I donate some time and PA equipment. I'm going to play it this afternoon. I can't really play keyboard, but I can set one up, right!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6580 on: February 02, 2007, 11:47:16 AM »
Dunc you could have mentioned that was a petery picture. :venere:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6581 on: February 02, 2007, 11:51:29 AM »

I think it is a guy in really strange tight underwear.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6582 on: February 02, 2007, 11:53:17 AM »
exactly. it's a real eye-washer, that. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Litigious

« Reply #6583 on: February 02, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »

I think it is a guy in really strange tight underwear.

I think it's an idiot. Fat and ugly-looking too.  ::)

duncvis

« Reply #6584 on: February 02, 2007, 01:03:08 PM »

My bad. :LMAO: