Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 344089 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #5805 on: January 15, 2007, 12:28:05 AM »
NO!

Alice Coltrane, jazz performer and composer, dies at 69

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alice Coltrane, a jazz performer and composer and wife of the late saxophone legend John Coltrane, has died. She was 69.
Coltrane died Friday of respiratory failure at West Hills Hospital and Medical Center, said her sister, Marilyn McLeod.

For nearly 40 years, Coltrane managed the archive and estate of her husband, a pivotal figure in the history of jazz. He died of liver disease in 1967 at age 40.

A pianist and organist, Alice Coltrane was noted for her astral compositions and for bringing the harp onto the jazz bandstand.

Born Alice McLeod in Detroit on Aug. 27, 1937, she began learning classical piano at age 7. She studied jazz piano briefly in Paris before moving to New York, where she met her future husband in 1963.

At that time, she was playing with bandleader Terry Gibbs, who has often taken credit for introducing the two.

John Coltrane "saw something in her that was beautiful," Gibbs told the Los Angeles Times.

She left Gibbs' band to marry Coltrane and began performing with his band in the mid-1960s. She played tour dates with Coltrane's group in San Francisco, New York and Tokyo.

"John not only taught me how to explore but to play thoroughly and completely," Alice Coltrane said in comments published in The Black Giants.

After his death, she devoted herself to raising their children but continued to play.

Early albums under her name, including A Monastic Trio and Ptah, the El Daoud, received critical praise.

Her last recording, Translinear Light, came in 2004. Her last performances came in an abbreviated tour last fall with her saxophonist son, Ravi.

Coltrane, a convert to Hinduism, was also a significant spiritual leader and founded the Vedantic Center, a spiritual commune now located in Agoura Hills.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5806 on: January 15, 2007, 12:33:33 AM »
maybe she'll come back in a brand new body.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5807 on: January 15, 2007, 01:52:18 AM »
I'm nowhere near grown up enough to be 31.

Happy birthday anyway, big guy! :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #5808 on: January 15, 2007, 06:39:31 AM »
Happy Birthday Dunc! 8)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5809 on: January 15, 2007, 06:57:03 AM »
I'm still not understanding why I didn't get accepted into a TAFE course this year. GA got into his, he doesn't even want to do it now, wheras I was really counting on getting accepted for mine. Life completely sucks right now. >:(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #5810 on: January 15, 2007, 06:59:55 AM »
oh and i forgot to answer your question. i guess that was an AS thing. :P the answer is... i dunno. i guess. :P

i love ashley judd. she's one hot mama. she's done all these cool movies, like Kiss The Girls and Double Jeopardy... and man, i bought two ashley dvds, Twisted and some other and the other i guess is somewhere else cuz it ain't where it should be. ???

oh and don't worry Glowboy, you couldn't hide anywhere anyway, what with all those big muscles and all. :-* ;) :P :eyebrows:

You do know it was a joke right? after all, when you email playgirl magazine for a job, why would you want to hide?

Of course you did.  How do you know I was not flirting with you?  A no sometimes mean yes, and is meant to provoke you to do something stronger.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:02:41 AM by AllDayGlowRandy »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Graelwyn

« Reply #5811 on: January 15, 2007, 07:00:41 AM »
Tired again, but not as bad as yesterday so will go back to doing my exercises. I think I need vitamins and more fresh air or something. I am turning into a slug. It is fucking cold here, I know it must be cold outside as my room is freezing. I can't wait for the better weather so I can really dig into my photography.

Graelwyn

« Reply #5812 on: January 15, 2007, 07:01:41 AM »
oh and i forgot to answer your question. i guess that was an AS thing. :P the answer is... i dunno. i guess. :P

i love ashley judd. she's one hot mama. she's done all these cool movies, like Kiss The Girls and Double Jeopardy... and man, i bought two ashley dvds, Twisted and some other and the other i guess is somewhere else cuz it ain't where it should be. ???

oh and don't worry Glowboy, you couldn't hide anywhere anyway, what with all those big muscles and all. :-* ;) :P :eyebrows:

You do know it was a joke right? after all, when you email playgirl magazine for a job, why would you want to hide?

I believe Milla was being slightly cheeky and givimg you a compliment of sorts and joking around with you too...

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5813 on: January 15, 2007, 07:04:46 AM »

I believe Milla was being slightly cheeky and givimg you a compliment of sorts and joking around with you too...

Thanks anyway, I can tell when someone is joking around. I changed it a few seconds later.  I did that  same thing extremely quick in the intensity alphabet game before the words edited came under it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:07:51 AM by AllDayGlowRandy »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5814 on: January 15, 2007, 07:08:34 AM »
Tired again, but not as bad as yesterday so will go back to doing my exercises. I think I need vitamins and more fresh air or something. I am turning into a slug. It is fucking cold here, I know it must be cold outside as my room is freezing. I can't wait for the better weather so I can really dig into my photography.

Are you sure you don't tire yourself out with negative thoughts?

Spread your legs woman!

Graelwyn

« Reply #5815 on: January 15, 2007, 07:15:43 AM »
Possible. Also possible my high levels of anxiety and the emotional stress of unrequited love have taken their toll on me. But it could equally be because I am spending a lot more time sat at this laptop now, whereas before, especially over Summer, I was out walking for hours each day. I have an underactive thyroid anyway, which doesn't help matters as the meds aren't always that effective.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5816 on: January 15, 2007, 09:00:28 AM »
Possible. Also possible my high levels of anxiety and the emotional stress of unrequited love have taken their toll on me. But it could equally be because I am spending a lot more time sat at this laptop now, whereas before, especially over Summer, I was out walking for hours each day. I have an underactive thyroid anyway, which doesn't help matters as the meds aren't always that effective.

I will repeat this as many times as you need it, you are cute.  Underactive thyroids maybe lacking in specific nutrients. I got a book with information and optimal values for specific thyroid harmones.  When I mean optimal, I don't mean normal refrence ranges.  I need food first then I will post more info. 

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5817 on: January 15, 2007, 09:01:55 AM »
would you be so patient with her if she was ugly?
Misunderstood.

thepeaguy

« Reply #5818 on: January 15, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »
If I have to listen to Isis' Panopticon album at work one more goddamn time...

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5819 on: January 15, 2007, 09:10:19 AM »
would you be so patient with her if she was ugly?

Well, I am patient with you aren't I?

If I am going to be some kind of doctor or pursue some helping career, I must be patient.  I like helping people ugly or not.

Spread your legs woman!