Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 357004 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #8130 on: May 01, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
Electronics bad, beer good!

Had a bad work day ??

No, just goofing with my horn design, when a piece of test equipment went dead. I think the CRT screen on my scope is shot.

I use a Ouija Board in such emergencies.  ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8131 on: May 01, 2007, 11:21:49 PM »

Had a bad work day ??

No, just goofing with my horn design, when a piece of test equipment went dead. I think the CRT screen on my scope is shot.

OOooppss. I was going to remove some fluff from my post and hit delete.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:24:06 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #8132 on: May 01, 2007, 11:23:05 PM »

Had a bad work day ??

What happend to the rest of your post ??

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8133 on: May 01, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »
I was removing that part, because it added nothing to the thread, when I deleted the whole thing without "looking".
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #8134 on: May 01, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »
I was removing that part, because it added nothing to the thread, when I deleted the whole thing without "looking".

I was about to suggest a CNC router to get the identical pieces of wood you want. Of course getting someone to program it may be the expensive part.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #8135 on: May 02, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »

Beer in the electronics REAL bad.
Unbeerable.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8136 on: May 02, 2007, 01:13:24 PM »
a lot of the men on this forum are really pissing me off lately and making me not want to read their posts

How about if you describe the subject matter and since we all know a tidbit about you, we can deduce that I need to fuck off, more or something.

I wasn't talking about you, DirtDawg...I just notice that a lot of the threads I look at are filled with trashy guy talk, and it just gets on my nerves after a while.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8137 on: May 02, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »
...Well tell them to stop it.
...Have you ever tried to tell a 50 ton tank to stop having sex?...
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #8138 on: May 02, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »
I wasn't talking about you, DirtDawg...I just notice that a lot of the threads I look at are filled with trashy guy talk, and it just gets on my nerves after a while.

What else do you expect from trashy guys?

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8139 on: May 02, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »
True... ::)

I think I'm going to see Spiderman 3 today...I've been waiting since the second one came out...lol

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8140 on: May 02, 2007, 06:32:09 PM »
a lot of the men on this forum are really pissing me off lately and making me not want to read their posts

How about if you describe the subject matter and since we all know a tidbit about you, we can deduce that I need to fuck off, more or something.

Thanks, but don't give me too much credit. I'm as guilty as the next trashy guy.
 :flasher:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #8141 on: May 03, 2007, 06:37:07 AM »
I need a cold shower  ;)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8142 on: May 03, 2007, 07:10:30 AM »
I just ate a freshly picked bay leaf.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8143 on: May 03, 2007, 07:54:42 AM »

Clean Energy From Beer-Making
By ROD McGUIRK

The Associated Press

May 02, 2007

Scientists and Australian beer maker Foster's are teaming up to generate clean energy from brewery waste water _ by using sugar-consuming bacteria.

The experimental technology was unveiled Wednesday by scientists at Australia's University of Queensland, which was given a $115,000 state government grant to install a microbial fuel cell at a Foster's Group brewery near Brisbane, the capital of Queensland state.

The fuel cell is essentially a battery in which bacteria consume water-soluble brewing waste such as sugar, starch and alcohol.

The battery produces electricity plus clean water, said Prof. Jurg Keller, the university's wastewater expert.

The complex technology harnesses the chemical energy that the bacteria releases from the organic material, converting it into electrical energy.

The 660-gallon fuel cell will be 250 times bigger than a prototype that has been operating at the university laboratory for three months, Keller said.

'Brewery waste water is a particularly good source because it is very biodegradable ... and is highly concentrated, which does help in improving the performance of the cell,' Keller said.

He expected the brewery cell would produce 2 kilowatts of power _ enough to power a household _ and the technology would eventually be applied in other breweries and wineries owned by Foster's. The cell should be operating at the brewery by September.

'It's not going to make an enormous amount of power _ its primarily a waste water treatment that has the added benefit of creating electricity,' Keller said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:56:49 AM by Calamity Jane »

duncvis

« Reply #8144 on: May 03, 2007, 10:54:54 AM »
Foster's does have a purpose. Who knew? :P