Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 341008 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #7965 on: April 28, 2007, 06:39:50 AM »
No significant adverse effects of synthetic melatonin supplements have been reported. Animal experiments, however, indicated a somewhat shortened life span if regular supplementation is begun when the animals are too young. This suggests it may be unwise for persons under about age 35 to use melatonin every night. There seems to be no problem with occasional use, though, by adults of any age.

Thanks, Peter. I'm not trying to say there is something wrong with melatonin, only that MY system is fucked up and I respond differently to certain things.

In my late thirties, I went through quite a bit of manipulation, trying to solve the lack of sleep thing at the insistence of my live-in girlfriend at the time. I was still diagnosed with a food allergy during all that and changed dietery dynamics under a nutritionist's care over a period of months and I wore sleep monitors, under a neurologist's care, for weeks at a time. It was all a waste of time, because I ended up eating bland crap I could not even taste and got even less and less sleep the more sleep drugs I took. Melatonin was not tried, even once as a supplement or a manipulation.

I was not the one concerned about a lack of sleep, because I had always gotten half the normal amount of sleep compared to everyone else, and yet, I had more stamina and energy, and better immune responses, than anyone I knew. I was trying mainly to find out why I spend about three or four days every month or so with no sense of feeling and still trusting that the allergy diagnosis was accurate. I was not concerned about the hyperactivity, either. I was used to "living wth a buzz" all the time. Some of the doctor's theories made sense and I gave the diet manipulation a good, honest try, with no effects to speak of.

I no longer believe that there is a dietery component to the deadwaves, I get, because I have changed my diet so many times and in drastic ways, too, but the waves keep on coming. My experiments with melatonin are mainly done in an effort to get to a more normal routine, which will become necessary with my wife's upcoming job change. At this point, I am convinced that there is a beneficial effect to melatonin, because of the fact that I actually get more sleep. The fact that I awaken superhyper and cannot return to sleep is fairly normal to me, too, but I was hoping for more relief from that. It really annoys my wife for me to be so fucking hyper, that I bound out of bed, after three or four hours, and go stimmimng around like an insane person, when she still wants to sleep. A good strong cup of coffee or two or three will usually take the edge off and I can settle down, enough to stop walking on my toes, again. Being that hyper is not welcomed, however. I just not sure what to blame that on, but with melatonin, it's back.

I wonder if it is sleep itself that is the evil culprit, sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:45:03 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7966 on: April 28, 2007, 06:50:17 AM »
I find it very difficult to wake up usually, and I often fall asleep again and wake up a few hours later.  It's a pain in the ass, and I wish I bounded out of bed filled with energy rather than slithering out of it and feeling like crap for a couple of hours.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #7967 on: April 28, 2007, 06:54:19 AM »
I take 5 mg speed if I really need to wake up. The best thing of it all is that I'm breaking the cowardly Swedish law by doing so.  8)

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7968 on: April 28, 2007, 06:55:19 AM »
I take 5 mg speed if I really need to wake up. The best thing of it all is that I'm breaking the cowardly Swedish law by doing so.  8)

You don't have a prescription for it?  Or it's illegal to use it to wake up in the mornings?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7969 on: April 28, 2007, 06:56:28 AM »
When did the Swedes become such pussies?  Didn't they have an empire at one point?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7970 on: April 28, 2007, 07:13:32 AM »
I find it very difficult to wake up usually, and I often fall asleep again and wake up a few hours later.  It's a pain in the ass, and I wish I bounded out of bed filled with energy rather than slithering out of it and feeling like crap for a couple of hours.

Yes, but there are limits to be observed, in my view.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7971 on: April 28, 2007, 07:20:09 AM »
Are you talking about taking speed before sleep or "with coffe" the morning after? The few times I have goofed around with illegal speed, I do remember being less hyper, but I was afraid of it becoming a habit.

Litigious

« Reply #7972 on: April 28, 2007, 07:24:27 AM »

You don't have a prescription for it?  Or it's illegal to use it to wake up in the mornings?

I'm just dxd with AS and you can only get speed legally if you have ADHD or ADD in addition to AS, and even then it's extremely hard to get. I bought it from an AS guy who has ADHD as well. It's made for medical purposes but it's of course illegal, since I bought it from a private citizen.

Litigious

« Reply #7973 on: April 28, 2007, 07:26:57 AM »
When did the Swedes become such pussies?  Didn't they have an empire at one point?

I don't really know, but the Swedes have been pussies for at least 100 years, maybe even 200 years.

Yes, we had a great empire but got our arses kicked by Russia 300 years ago. :(

Litigious

« Reply #7974 on: April 28, 2007, 07:27:39 AM »
Are you talking about taking speed before sleep or "with coffe" the morning after? The few times I have goofed around with illegal speed, I do remember being less hyper, but I was afraid of it becoming a habit.

Speed with coffee, usually the morning after. It's very small doses, though.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7975 on: April 28, 2007, 08:32:06 AM »
SWEDEN! I have 140 5 mg tablets and have a prescription on 300 more tablets, though I can only get it every second month from the pharmacy.

say whatnow??? 140 tablets? 300 tablets?? only every second month!?!?!?!??! i WANT THE NAME OF YOUR DOCTOR1!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T I GET THAT MANY PILLS???? I WAS LUCKY TO GET 30 PILLS AND THEN NONE FOR MONTHS ON END AFTER THAT SO I WOULDN'T GET ADDICTED THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS SO UNFAIR½!!!!"!"#""!"!"""""""""""" *PULLS HAIR*
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Litigious

« Reply #7976 on: April 28, 2007, 08:35:05 AM »
I miscounted. I have 130 tablets right here at home. I can take out 300 more tablets but only 100 tablets every second month. I get them because I'm considered a wacko and potentially dangerous by the doctors.  :angel:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7977 on: April 28, 2007, 08:39:38 AM »
I miscounted. I have 130 tablets right here at home. I can take out 300 more tablets but only 100 tablets every second month. I get them because I'm considered a wacko and potentially dangerous by the doctors.  :angel:

Did they up the dose when you complained that the pills stopped you from making explosives?

Litigious

« Reply #7978 on: April 28, 2007, 08:44:17 AM »

Did they up the dose when you complained that the pills stopped you from making explosives?

Yes! How did you know?  :o

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7979 on: April 28, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »
typical. what you get from acting all nice and normal. all the whackos and liars get the best stuff.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :venere: :bigcry: :GA: :vader: :tantrum: :headexplode: :emb:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: