Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 339773 times)

duncvis

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #7950 on: April 27, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »
I haven't missed Peep Show have I? Bollocks.

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #7951 on: April 27, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
you can watch it on channel4.com now i think somehow?
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

duncvis

« Reply #7952 on: April 27, 2007, 04:33:30 PM »
Yeah. I have Virgin so with any luck it will be on Catch up On Demand.  :-\

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #7953 on: April 27, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
Cause we love you? (do I sound like McJ yet?)

You need to have some seemingly profound statements, too, but you're getting there. :laugh:

i am da bomb.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #7954 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »
You da man, The King of King of Postwhores, look upon his TRUE post count ye mighty and despair! :-*

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #7955 on: April 27, 2007, 07:25:29 PM »
 :-*
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7956 on: April 27, 2007, 10:17:03 PM »
I've got a headache.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7957 on: April 28, 2007, 01:08:54 AM »
...ming.  <restlessness> I'm cold.  My zombie bite itches.  I wanna hear people talk about hot sex stuff, but lately we've been talking about that so much it seems like a tired subject...
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7958 on: April 28, 2007, 02:42:26 AM »
I've been trying to get things arranged to sleep more at night. Three weeks on melatonin and I have gone from two to three hours at a time to three or four hours without waking. Even with all the other changes/side effects, or whatever, it seems like a successful experiment.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #7959 on: April 28, 2007, 02:52:34 AM »
As mentioned, even a doctor needs a special license to prescribe melatonin in this piece-of-shit country. I have valium, though, but I'd prefer a "natural" substance. Sick society that prescribes benzos but not a body-like substance like melatonin.  >:(

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7960 on: April 28, 2007, 02:58:40 AM »
hey Lit, where do you live again? :P how much valium do you have?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Litigious

« Reply #7961 on: April 28, 2007, 03:29:03 AM »
SWEDEN! I have 140 5 mg tablets and have a prescription on 300 more tablets, though I can only get it every second month from the pharmacy.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7962 on: April 28, 2007, 05:09:11 AM »
As mentioned, even a doctor needs a special license to prescribe melatonin in this piece-of-shit country. I have valium, though, but I'd prefer a "natural" substance. Sick society that prescribes benzos but not a body-like substance like melatonin.  >:(

I buy it online, and it gets shipped to me from the US.  Costs about £15 for 180 3mg capsules.

SWEDEN! I have 140 5 mg tablets and have a prescription on 300 more tablets, though I can only get it every second month from the pharmacy.

How much is a single dose?

A few words about Melatonin:

Melatonin is a powerful antioxidant; more importantly, it is one of the few antioxidants that can penetrate into the cell's mitochondria. The mitochondria is the energy-producing part of a cell that contains its own DNA. The fact that nearly all of the antioxidants in nutritional supplements do not enter the mitochondria is believed to be the main reason that ordinary antioxidants do not noticably extend lifespan and only minimally slow the aging process. Melatonin does appear to protect the mitochondria from oxidation damage.

Some animal studies have shown that melatonin reverses stress related suppression of the immune system. A number of animal studies have shown that melatonin reduces the incidence of some types of cancer, especially estrogen-mediated cancers such as breast cancer. Experiments to confirm these effects in humans have not yet been completed. Some researchers suspect, however, that the melatonin suppression due to artificial lighting during this century may be a contributor to the rise in breast cancer rates since sufficiently bright artificial light will suppress melatonin production. This does not mean that one should avoid artificial lighting. It is just as important to have several waking hours with low melatonin levels as it is to have several hours in the period just before and during sleep with high melatonin levels.

In laboratory mice, oral melatonin in one experiment increased life span to 931 days compared to a life span of 755 days for mice on an identical regimen without supplemental melatonin.

Melatonin has been safely used in humans for years, principally to reset biological clocks. Many people have found melatonin to be very useful in jet lag and other situations where the day/night cycle of the human body must be quickly reset. It has been shown to be useful in the insomnia associated with aging. It has other potential uses as a natural sleeping pill and (in conjunction with other therapies) in the treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder and some forms of depression.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #7963 on: April 28, 2007, 05:11:42 AM »
I'm supposed to take 5-10 mg, though I sometimes take 20 mg.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7964 on: April 28, 2007, 05:16:31 AM »
No significant adverse effects of synthetic melatonin supplements have been reported. Animal experiments, however, indicated a somewhat shortened life span if regular supplementation is begun when the animals are too young. This suggests it may be unwise for persons under about age 35 to use melatonin every night. There seems to be no problem with occasional use, though, by adults of any age.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?