Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 363181 times)

Graelwyn

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #5490 on: January 09, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
I am thinking of how many opportunities people throw away of meeting those with like minds, by getting defensive and allowing their past experiences to validate their present actions. I have come across so many like minded individuals in my lifetime, and so many times either them or myself will say something nasty or acidic or insulting, that puts up a barrier to begin. Why is it so very hard to stop and think before speaking and look at how you might respond were it said to you? I have spent years working on considering my words and actions before I take them... I used to just lash out at people and push them away before they could do so with me, and what does that do? IT creates barriers and bars what could possibly be good friendships. Once someone lashes out at me, or says something that hurts me, that puts my guard up and makes me wary of speaking to that person or responding to them... the ole bullying of the past syndrome affecting the now...and that is such a pity in my view... that was just a rant anyway, or a stream of thought bought on by recent occurences in my life, both online and in life.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5491 on: January 09, 2007, 03:08:53 PM »
Saltines.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #5492 on: January 09, 2007, 06:49:17 PM »
I feel it coming, I am getting horny again.  Dandelion root extract and garlic bulb extract are the culprits, and everytime this happens I feel like some  mental image . This time its a door opening up and a ditch that was dry gets fillled up with hot lava, and I also felt like a bunch of sweet cream poured down my mouth.  At any rate I feel fucked up right now.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #5493 on: January 09, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
All the talk about avoiding moderation, as well as installing SMF mods on the forum, has mixed up in my head and got me thinking:

Why not install a moderator on this board? He could hang around in his own little forum, ranting about the evils of the unruly membership, being grumpy in general, and regularly warn everyone who posted there.

(before someone has an AS-moment, I'll point it out: it was completely, utterly facetious)

duncvis

« Reply #5494 on: January 09, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Two days without a cig, and no intention of caving in. Currently hoping a small bowl helps me sleep a bit better tonight cos I can't take much more of the disturbed sleep.

Graelwyn

« Reply #5495 on: January 09, 2007, 09:02:05 PM »
Two days without a cig, and no intention of caving in. Currently hoping a small bowl helps me sleep a bit better tonight cos I can't take much more of the disturbed sleep.

Been without a cig for 2 and half years, but still addicted to the nicotine inhalers. Small bowl? Of what? 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5496 on: January 10, 2007, 12:43:55 AM »
... pins and needles, everywhere, but it's going away.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5497 on: January 10, 2007, 01:33:40 AM »
I wish I didn't have to feel anything.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5498 on: January 10, 2007, 03:18:06 AM »
All the talk about avoiding moderation, as well as installing SMF mods on the forum, has mixed up in my head and got me thinking:

Why not install a moderator on this board? He could hang around in his own little forum, ranting about the evils of the unruly membership, being grumpy in general, and regularly warn everyone who posted there.

(before someone has an AS-moment, I'll point it out: it was completely, utterly facetious)

I almost did an AS thing here, you vile, vile man. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5499 on: January 10, 2007, 03:25:01 AM »
 Almost a half hour of bag time helped a lot. Almost gone.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #5500 on: January 10, 2007, 04:36:27 AM »

Been without a cig for 2 and half years, but still addicted to the nicotine inhalers. Small bowl? Of what? 

Bit of hash. I don't toke very often these days, chance would be a fine thing, but after monday night being a total write-off I thought a medicinal bowlful might help me sleep a bit better. It didn't unfortunately, I still didn't get any proper sodding sleep. :tantrum:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #5501 on: January 10, 2007, 04:40:14 AM »
Are You going to make it duncvis?
Guardian of the Empire

duncvis

« Reply #5502 on: January 10, 2007, 05:03:27 AM »
Are You going to make it duncvis?

Yeah, no worries kevv. I've stopped cold turkey before, for 18 months once. The tricky bit is remembering that you don't smoke.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5503 on: January 10, 2007, 05:52:55 AM »
What am I going to say to him.. will I manage to say it.. will I even get a chance to say it?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5504 on: January 10, 2007, 06:13:12 AM »
What am I going to say to him.. will I manage to say it.. will I even get a chance to say it?

no need.
i love you too!  8)
Misunderstood.