Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 340066 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #5160 on: December 29, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »
This year I really am going to stop smoking.

...once and for all! ONE last time, even if it hairlips GOD, I will, too.

(I can probably get enough money for my Petersons, Jarls, Savinellis, and Dunhills to buy a decent kick around camera, if I had Nut number one.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #5161 on: December 29, 2006, 12:57:37 PM »
How do you plan to do that? 

By not lighting any. I have other stuff I need to spend the money on, like decorating, and upgrading my creaky old computer.

Litigious

« Reply #5162 on: December 29, 2006, 01:04:20 PM »
My mother smoked Red Prince from 15 to 45, about 20 cigarettes a day. When she was 45, grandfather died of cancer, not from smoking but anyway. She stopped smoking and hasn't lit a cigarett ever since. It's 17 years ago.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5163 on: December 29, 2006, 01:42:34 PM »
This year I really am going to stop smoking.

This year? You only have two days left. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5164 on: December 29, 2006, 05:21:27 PM »
My teeth had better get DAMN white, because these frickin' white strips kinda hurt.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5165 on: December 29, 2006, 06:10:07 PM »
My teeth had better get DAMN white, because these frickin' white strips kinda hurt.

Isn't the pain a sign that they're damaging your teeth?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

ozymandias

« Reply #5166 on: December 29, 2006, 06:24:49 PM »

Isn't the pain a sign that they're damaging your teeth?

My 14 y/o daughter wanted to use them, so we bought them and she stopped using them after a week or so! :wanker: ::)

Oh the vanity of youth!  My teeth are not white and if people are repulsed, so fucking be it! ::)

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5167 on: December 29, 2006, 08:13:10 PM »
PM-  No, they hurt my gums, not my teeth.  Gums can repair themsleves so I'm not worried.  It just kinda stings and my gums feel sensitive.  The reason for this is that there's a lot of overlap between the tops of my teeth and my gums as far as what the whitestrips cover.  Right now what I do to alleviate it is to try to get the worst of it off my gums with a q-tip.  I only have half a week to go of the little fuckers so I'm seeing this through unless I start spitting blood or something equally dramatic.

Ozy-  Yes, it is the vanity of youth; if I'm stuck with a body wrecked by ex-fat at least my teeth can look white if not straight.  Plus the kit was a Christmas present, and it woudl so disappoint my mother if my ugly crooked teeth were not a whiter shade of beige when she next saw me.

ozymandias

« Reply #5168 on: December 29, 2006, 09:06:09 PM »
Ozy-  Yes, it is the vanity of youth; if I'm stuck with a body wrecked by ex-fat at least my teeth can look white if not straight.  Plus the kit was a Christmas present, and it woudl so disappoint my mother if my ugly crooked teeth were not a whiter shade of beige when she next saw me.

Well, my condolences to you and your teeth.  I could think of better gifts to give my daughter for Xmas. ::)  At least Amber made the request on Her own!  BTW, in the pictures I'v seen of you with a smile that shows teeth..they look fine!  For that matter you look fine!  I wish you a better self body image for the New Year!

Peace

Litigious

« Reply #5169 on: December 30, 2006, 06:27:29 AM »
Do those home kits really make any remarkable improvement? I have pretty white teeth but not really white, so I've thought about bleaching mine, but my dentist said my teeth were too sensitive. I've tried one home kit that contained sodium chlorine and sodium hydroxide as bleachers, but it made no visible different, except it actually removed all remains of plaque on the inside of the front teeth, that I couldn't brush away. But now there is a home bleaching kit available with karbamide peroxide in it, as the dentists use. It's milder than hydrogen peroxide, but booth are said to make the teeth hurt a little. I don't want to risk pulpititus.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #5170 on: December 30, 2006, 06:45:10 AM »
I remember something having to do with calcium in relation to teeth whiteing.  I know that calcium phosphate is the form of calcium in the teeth.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Litigious

« Reply #5171 on: December 30, 2006, 07:16:17 AM »
Yes, the teeth mainly consist of calcium phosphate, except for the enamel, that consists of calcium hydroxi-apatite (I hope the spelling is correct). When you bleach the teeth, there will always come some bleaching chemichals into the teeth and dissolving them a little. They probably put in calcium phosphate to compensate for that.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5172 on: December 30, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »
My mother heard peroxide is good for your teeth because it kill bacteria.

Ozy- I asked for tooth whitener for Christmas.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #5173 on: December 30, 2006, 08:14:47 AM »
hydrogen peroxide also hurts healthy cells to.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Litigious

« Reply #5174 on: December 30, 2006, 08:23:23 AM »
Yes, that's correct, but when you use tooth bleaching, there is a protective gel to cover the gums with, so that only the teeth will be exposed to the peroxide. There are no living cells in the teeth themselves, except for in the pulp.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 08:51:49 AM by Litigious »