Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 340572 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #29325 on: May 26, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »
^:P

Has anyone seen my posts in the snooping thread? If you're around when the future gets here, let me know if anything happens.

I hope to be around when the future gets here, and will stay alert to any new developments!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #29326 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:18 PM »
It's interesting how people are so quick to judge their own psychology as a mistake and rather isolate and personify it as a external entity to somehow destroy. Personally, I think it's better to simply redefine it as a inconvenience to be adapted to and utilize to your advantage. I mean realistically, you cannot hide from such things forever and cannot wish for miracles like cures for them. I guess I'm thinking about this because I see some Autistics think so destructively about their Autism. It's a defeatist attitude that perpetuates their own suffering, so why do it? I used to be more like that when I was a child, but then I saw that I had advantages that ordinary people didn't have while the obvious disadvantages existed too, but it seems things balance out somewhat. But my issues were always anxiety, paranoia and lack of motivation, I cannot honestly see being Autistic as a core excuse to any real problems in my life (except from external sources of people judging me so harshly by knowing I was Autistic); but it never seems it was anything on my end, except maybe a few instances of humiliating myself by misunderstanding something, that's it really.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29327 on: May 26, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »
It's interesting how people are so quick to judge their own psychology as a mistake and rather isolate and personify it as a external entity to somehow destroy. Personally, I think it's better to simply redefine it as a inconvenience to be adapted to and utilize to your advantage. I mean realistically, you cannot hide from such things forever and cannot wish for miracles like cures for them. I guess I'm thinking about this because I see some Autistics think so destructively about their Autism. It's a defeatist attitude that perpetuates their own suffering, so why do it? I used to be more like that when I was a child, but then I saw that I had advantages that ordinary people didn't have while the obvious disadvantages existed too, but it seems things balance out somewhat. But my issues were always anxiety, paranoia and lack of motivation, I cannot honestly see being Autistic as a core excuse to any real problems in my life (except from external sources of people judging me so harshly by knowing I was Autistic); but it never seems it was anything on my end, except maybe a few instances of humiliating myself by misunderstanding something, that's it really.

I don't think very much of my autism in the positive sense because it makes my life difficult especially when it comes to things like talking to people at uni. I am all too aware of it then. Just ten minutes ago I went to get something to eat and this person stopped me and asked me how I was and how my course is going. I said fine and stuff. The thing is I don't even know who it was, I didn't recognise them at all. :autism:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29328 on: May 26, 2011, 11:20:44 PM »
I was admiring Prince Albert again today.  He's pretty much of a recluse, but he can make conversation with just about anyone.  If I don't know the person I just sit there like a bump on a log.  I wish I knew how he does it, and I've had Dale Carnegie.  I just feel I'm being nosy if I ask people questions about themselves.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #29329 on: May 26, 2011, 11:27:29 PM »
I was admiring Prince Albert again today.  He's pretty much of a recluse, but he can make conversation with just about anyone.  If I don't know the person I just sit there like a bump on a log.  I wish I knew how he does it, and I've had Dale Carnegie.  I just feel I'm being nosy if I ask people questions about themselves.

The thing is, most people love to talk about themselves.  As long as the questions are not too personal, you'll be fine.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29330 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »

The thing is, most people love to talk about themselves.  As long as the questions are not too personal, you'll be fine.  :thumbup:

Tell that to my tongue.  Also the brain freeze.  Not having this ability was a major hindrance to being an auditor and was one of the reasons I retired early. 

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29331 on: May 27, 2011, 04:06:50 AM »

I don't think very much of my autism in the positive sense because it makes my life difficult especially when it comes to things like talking to people at uni. I am all too aware of it then. Just ten minutes ago I went to get something to eat and this person stopped me and asked me how I was and how my course is going. I said fine and stuff. The thing is I don't even know who it was, I didn't recognise them at all. :autism:

I often struggle to recognise people when I meet them on the street without the usual contextual clues to tell me who they are, like meeting my optician outside the context of her office.  One of my sisters lives nearby, and I even have trouble recognising her.  I also find it difficult to switch my focus to deal with random encounters and I tend to brush people off without meaning to, just because my brain is locked into the task of walking the dog or getting home or whatever.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29332 on: May 27, 2011, 08:21:49 AM »
Peter - that happens to me all the time. I don't recognise people outside their normal settings. They probably think I'm being rude. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29333 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:35 AM »

I often struggle to recognise people when I meet them on the street without the usual contextual clues to tell me who they are, like meeting my optician outside the context of her office.  One of my sisters lives nearby, and I even have trouble recognising her.  I also find it difficult to switch my focus to deal with random encounters and I tend to brush people off without meaning to, just because my brain is locked into the task of walking the dog or getting home or whatever.

Oh!  That's another autism quality I didn't know I had. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #29334 on: May 27, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »

I have a friend who has his in spades. I often like walking up to and beside her and doing everything but breathing down her neck. I don't announce myself because there is no fun in this. She just gets "off-put" by this guy who seems to be standing next to her for no particular reason with a funny smile and not moving away. Eventually she will turn and glare at me and then it will dawn on her. "Oh its you? How long have you been there? Why didn't you say it was you"  :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29335 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »

I have a friend who has his in spades. I often like walking up to and beside her and doing everything but breathing down her neck. I don't announce myself because there is no fun in this. She just gets "off-put" by this guy who seems to be standing next to her for no particular reason with a funny smile and not moving away. Eventually she will turn and glare at me and then it will dawn on her. "Oh its you? How long have you been there? Why didn't you say it was you"  :asthing:

I'm pretty good at recognizing faces, even out of context, but my husband and our daughter are much more face blind than I am.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #29336 on: May 27, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »

Are you the only one doing that to her? Or do her kids do this too?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #29337 on: May 27, 2011, 02:41:23 PM »
I hope my sister has a good time at the gyaru meet. She put a lot of effort into preparing for it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #29338 on: May 27, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »
I hope my sister has a good time at the gyaru meet. She put a lot of effort into preparing for it.

What is a gyaru meet?   :orly:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #29339 on: May 27, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »

What is a gyaru meet?   :orly:
Jap slut culture.  :thumbup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyaru