Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 358120 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #24615 on: August 13, 2010, 04:56:33 AM »
this is such a pain in the arse. I hope I find out when I can go quickly

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24616 on: August 13, 2010, 05:37:00 AM »
I'm thinking I need to stop twisting my hair! I've managed to make another big knot in it,
there's another bit of hair I will have to cut off.  :duh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24617 on: August 13, 2010, 07:04:31 AM »
I think I need to focus.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #24618 on: August 13, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »

My daughter has five "friends" over and they are so damn loud that I can not think, so this post is meaningless.
 :hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24619 on: August 13, 2010, 03:58:53 PM »

My daughter has five "friends" over and they are so damn loud that I can not think, so this post is meaningless.

My sympathies. My daughter had two friends over yesterday and that was more than enough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24620 on: August 13, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
40996 (25.996 per day)

:o

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24621 on: August 13, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »

Hope your girly loud visit turns out as well as the girly noise did here.

Had a complete reset of my brain it seems, in an unexpected pleasant way, because of 4 very noisy giggly and loud girls.

Dreaded it at first, but it was great.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24622 on: August 13, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »
Thinking about parts' dog. :(

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24623 on: August 13, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »

Had a complete reset of my brain it seems, in an unexpected pleasant way, because of 4 very noisy giggly and loud girls.

This is not great!

One of the little bitches, I have spotted as a user (she uses all the girls for her own gain) and my daughter does not have the "wherewithalll"  to see what is happening to her, yet.  I sent them all out of the house, away on their bikes.

The others are delightful little ladies, well mannered, intelligent, etc. (all are nine or ten years old, same age as my daughter, effectively) and they are all welcome here, but I am having trouble in knowing how to make her (my daughter) see through the user, without making my daughter want to go against me and see more of the user.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:22:03 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24624 on: August 13, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »
I think she'll find out herself, parts. Happened to my daughter. It was tough on her but necessary, I think. There was no way she could learn about the world only through the eyes of others.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24625 on: August 13, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

This is not great!

One of the little bitches, I have spotted as a user (she uses all the girls for her own gain) and my daughter does not have the "wherewithalll"  to see what is happening to her, yet.  I sent them all out of the house, away on their bikes.

The others are delightful little ladies, well mannered, intelligent, etc. (all are nine or ten years old, same age as my daughter, effectively) and they are all welcome here, but I am having trouble in knowing how to make her (my daughter) see through the user, without making my daughter want to go against me and see more of the user.

My daughter got befriended with a user like that, the girl was well behaved at first, but then the using bit becomes obvious. And, when my daughter did not comply any more, it turned into nasty name-calling from the side of the user. The arguments were vehement from both sides, my girl is a barrel of dynamite with a short fuse. But the nastiness came from the side of the user.

Tonight, I overheard my youngest with her visitor discuss girls like that. The other had had similar experiences. Both did not see what was happening then, but afterwards, they knew. Was good to hear them discuss this. They are "arming" themselves for the new year.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24626 on: August 13, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »

This is not great!

My daughter got befriended with a user like that, the girl was well behaved at first, but then the using bit becomes obvious. And, when my daughter did not comply any more, it turned into nasty name-calling from the side of the user. The arguments were vehement from both sides, my girl is a barrel of dynamite with a short fuse. But the nastiness came from the side of the user.

Tonight, I overheard my youngest with her visitor discuss girls like that. The other had had similar experiences. Both did not see what was happening then, but afterwards, they knew. Was good to hear them discuss this. They are "arming" themselves for the new year.

It seems that you are quite a bit further along with your daughter than I am with mine.

My daughter still looks to me as "her best friend,"   despite my wife trying over and over again to be a mum to her. She is most definitely "Daddy's girl" and I am doing my best.  However, she is also less socially challenged than I am. Her instinct is to be the life of the party, so to speak and she can attract people to her.  I have experience on my side, though, and my social abilities are fairly substantial, as long as "I feel in charge of the situation,"  in other words, I am still a punk when confronted by complicated social challenges. I fake it OK, but my daughter seems to have a knack that I do not have. Her innocence is possibly going to be her downfall, since she can not ever seem to see pure evil in people.  I hope that this is not so.

I have a long history of being abused and I can now see it coming quite often. My aged cynicism has caused me to generally avoid social situations, but she will not. Her innocence is one of greatest charms, but it also makes her vulnerable to those like this user girl I was talking about.

I have a full expectation that she will learn from this relationship, but I seriously hate to sit by and watch her being hurt.  If I interfere though, she will not learn this lesson well.  She deserves to have a strong enough father who will wait until she needs to cry it all out before he begins to step up to her need.

It is difficult, but I really believe that I need to stay out of this and I just need to wait until she needs me.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:44:27 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24627 on: August 13, 2010, 08:07:11 PM »
Thinking about parts' dog. :(

Dogs are so loving, it's sad to see them getting old.  :(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24628 on: August 14, 2010, 08:16:30 AM »

This is not great!

It seems that you are quite a bit further along with your daughter than I am with mine.

My daughter still looks to me as "her best friend,"   despite my wife trying over and over again to be a mum to her. She is most definitely "Daddy's girl" and I am doing my best.  However, she is also less socially challenged than I am. Her instinct is to be the life of the party, so to speak and she can attract people to her.  I have experience on my side, though, and my social abilities are fairly substantial, as long as "I feel in charge of the situation,"  in other words, I am still a punk when confronted by complicated social challenges. I fake it OK, but my daughter seems to have a knack that I do not have. Her innocence is possibly going to be her downfall, since she can not ever seem to see pure evil in people.  I hope that this is not so.

I have a long history of being abused and I can now see it coming quite often. My aged cynicism has caused me to generally avoid social situations, but she will not. Her innocence is one of greatest charms, but it also makes her vulnerable to those like this user girl I was talking about.

I have a full expectation that she will learn from this relationship, but I seriously hate to sit by and watch her being hurt.  If I interfere though, she will not learn this lesson well.  She deserves to have a strong enough father who will wait until she needs to cry it all out before he begins to step up to her need.

It is difficult, but I really believe that I need to stay out of this and I just need to wait until she needs me.

My girl had to see it, because it was so blatantly obvious. My youngest is the social talented one in this household, but, also very gullible, keen on having best friends forever. And seeing friends where they aren't. This newest "friend" of hers, she took away the friends my girl did have, dropped only by if she is for the rest completely bored, and started befriending others, by making fun of my girl. This was so obvious, that my 9 year old could not overlook it any more. She has cut off the girl completely now. And I hope the girl does not manage to get her whole class use the new nickname she thought up for my girl.
This was the first time my girl did see something for what it was. It came gradually, but she did see it this time.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24629 on: August 14, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
I wish I knew what I was thinking now.

mindless racing brain syndrome kicking in.