Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 355225 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #23955 on: June 16, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »
some bitch my family are having to deal with now. telling kids their father is going to get arrested is her latest

I don't get why people want to participate in the hatred towards an ex to be.

Kids are part of both parents. How can you try to get children to hate half of their roots?

Just fail to see that. No matter how big a problem with an ex is, don't make kids choose.
(when a parent is a danger towards kids is a different story, but even then, it makes no sense to almost force the kids to hate that one parent)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Celticgoddess

« Reply #23956 on: June 16, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
some bitch my family are having to deal with now. telling kids their father is going to get arrested is her latest

Kids are part of both parents. How can you try to get children to hate half of their roots?

Just fail to see that. No matter how big a problem with an ex is, don't make kids choose.
(when a parent is a danger towards kids is a different story, but even then, it makes no sense to almost force the kids to hate that one parent)

This is very true. I often shake my head and think "It doesn't have to be this hard." Not this hard on me, on him, or the kids. But he's choosing to make it difficult and I simply cannot grasp why.

Why cause your kids so much distress? Why make them pawns in a tug of war of which parent do you love best? Ridiculous and hurtful.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23957 on: June 17, 2010, 05:00:47 AM »
I hope things work out for you and your family, CG. :hug:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #23958 on: June 17, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »
I hope things work out for you and your family, CG. :hug:

Thanks Odeon. :)

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #23959 on: June 17, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »
Intensity2 :thumbup:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23960 on: June 17, 2010, 04:04:22 PM »
fuck this weather. fuck it in the ass

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #23961 on: June 17, 2010, 04:54:36 PM »
I shall survive tomorrow and finito.... (hopefully should get paid by tomorrow). :headbang2:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #23962 on: June 17, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »

This is very true. I often shake my head and think "It doesn't have to be this hard." Not this hard on me, on him, or the kids. But he's choosing to make it difficult and I simply cannot grasp why.

Why cause your kids so much distress? Why make them pawns in a tug of war of which parent do you love best? Ridiculous and hurtful.

I really don't understand why people do it either.  I have a friend whose wife is doing the same type of thing it's turned 2 out of the three kids against her the third will be too soon. Good luck with your struggle and know it will be much better for you in the end.  These people only hurt themselves in the long run
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23963 on: June 18, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23964 on: June 18, 2010, 02:25:41 AM »
Intensity2 :thumbup:

What about it?

I believe the :thumbup: indicates positive feelings about the site! :nerd!:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23965 on: June 18, 2010, 08:15:48 AM »
I'm thinking I'd like to punch some people right in the face.

Sorry...just fantasising, but it's nice even just to write it as if it's a possibility.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #23966 on: June 18, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »

I really don't understand why people do it either.  I have a friend whose wife is doing the same type of thing it's turned 2 out of the three kids against her the third will be too soon. Good luck with your struggle and know it will be much better for you in the end.  These people only hurt themselves in the long run

Yes, was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago whose wife did the same. Same outcome too. Monkeyboy loves his Dad immensely but doesn't trust him much. I think he's in the process of letting go of him. It seems to go back and forth. All I do is love him while he processes things and I stay as neutral as possible. What happens between him and his Dad is between them. I can only do damage control if it's needed and remind him that his Dad definitely loves him even though their relationship is difficult at times.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #23967 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:04 AM »
What happens between him and his Dad is between them. I can only do damage control if it's needed and remind him that his Dad definitely loves him even though their relationship is difficult at times.

True. All you can do, when it comes to that. And give your kids the freedom to love their Dad. You're making it possible for your kids to love both parents. They know that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23968 on: June 18, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
it's a shame not all parents have that attitude

Celticgoddess

« Reply #23969 on: June 18, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
What happens between him and his Dad is between them. I can only do damage control if it's needed and remind him that his Dad definitely loves him even though their relationship is difficult at times.

True. All you can do, when it comes to that. And give your kids the freedom to love their Dad. You're making it possible for your kids to love both parents. They know that.

I hope they do know. It would be an injustice to both of them if I didn't allow them that. Besides, I want them to have a good relationship with their Dad. The more people they have in their life loving them and supporting them, the better it is for them. We'll see how it turns out when all is said and done.

it's a shame not all parents have that attitude

I agree, Soph.

Right now I'm thinking about the boy. Glad is day turned out well after all.