Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 372707 times)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #22395 on: December 22, 2009, 10:06:29 PM »

[mea culpa]

Callaway and Sleeping Dragon are not really more than ring-ins prompted into having to defend themselves from the attentions of you two.

[mea culpa, continued]

Thank you, Les, for being brave enough and candid enough to post this. Otherwise I'd feel obliged to give you a stern lecture.  >:(

The bit not edited out, though? I have a slightly different perspective on it. My involvement in this contretemps was completely voluntary on my part.

The whole point is that, oif someone has a problem with me or what I'm saying, I want them to come right out and say it.

I prefer to know exactly where I stand with people  8)

They put the invitation out there; it was my choice whether to respond or not. The invitation to Callaway was slightly more formal (i.e. she was called out :) ), yet she too could have "remained schtum" (as Bint puts it), had she been so inclined. Callaway, you may agree with this, or not; that's just the way I see it.

... And once again, what I'm thinking right now is that a week is a very long time on the Internet.   :green:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22396 on: December 23, 2009, 02:21:13 AM »
I like that this place isn't run by little Hitlers.  There's no shortage of sites where the admins and mods are completely anal about off-topic posts and disagreements between members, and it makes those sites about as interesting as mashed potato and as liberating as a straight jacket.

Straitjackets can be very liberating if you are into that sort of thing. :eyebrows:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22397 on: December 23, 2009, 02:30:23 AM »
You have every reason to vent now and again Odeon and I won't even call you emo if you keep it to a minimum. :P
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22398 on: December 23, 2009, 02:37:00 AM »

[mea culpa]

Callaway and Sleeping Dragon are not really more than ring-ins prompted into having to defend themselves from the attentions of you two.

[mea culpa, continued]

Thank you, Les, for being brave enough and candid enough to post this. Otherwise I'd feel obliged to give you a stern lecture.  >:(

The bit not edited out, though? I have a slightly different perspective on it. My involvement in this contretemps was completely voluntary on my part.

The whole point is that, oif someone has a problem with me or what I'm saying, I want them to come right out and say it.

I prefer to know exactly where I stand with people  8)

They put the invitation out there; it was my choice whether to respond or not. The invitation to Callaway was slightly more formal (i.e. she was called out :) ), yet she too could have "remained schtum" (as Bint puts it), had she been so inclined. Callaway, you may agree with this, or not; that's just the way I see it.

... And once again, what I'm thinking right now is that a week is a very long time on the Internet.   :green:

A week is a very long time on the internet. One way or another things do resolve.

As for giving me a lecture. Always welcome. I won't pay it much attention and it will not influence me but I won't give you a hard time for it. ;)
I do what I do because it is me and how I handle things my way. Not the same for everyone and not even the best way or the nicest, but it is my way, and to do anything different would not be being me. Does that make sense?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22399 on: December 23, 2009, 05:42:27 AM »
Yes, it does. Your insistence on doing things the "Sir Les" way comes under the rubric of "social coping strategies that have worked for me so far." If/when you decide to make adjustments to these strategies, it's because you've decided to do that on your own, not because some strange (in every sense of the word  :green: ) individual has given you a serve online.

With regard to this earlier post of mine:

And?

We've all insulted each otherwith a lot of childish names.

I think anyone could see that anyway tbh

Yes. :) Well, maybe not "all," but "several." I had a discussion, once, with one of my sons about this sort of thing. I told him that he ought not to call other people idiots for disagreeing with him. I said, "Find a way to counter their argument without putting a label on them. Maybe something like, 'I disagree with you; I find your views unconvincing and your ideas lacking in credibility.'"

He thought about it for a moment, and then came back with, "But it's so much easier just to say, 'You're an idiot.'"

Wastes less time and bandwidth, too, I suppose. :LOL:

That was a paraphrase from memory. I dug up the original of that discussion today.

Me: You can say someone is making an argument that is as full of holes as Swiss cheese. You can say their reasoning is fallacious. You can say they are basing their arguments on profoundly flawed theories. But you still can't say they're a moron.
Him: Look how many letters you had to type to say that
Him: All I have to type is
Him: "You = moron"
Me: LOL
Him: This is moronic
Me: But see, that ends all discussion. "Am not!" "Are too!"

Kids these days. :rofl:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22400 on: December 23, 2009, 06:01:21 AM »
Got it in one. I won't even bother to apologise because I kn ow you have both not seen anything bad in what I said and realise there was no ill intent. Refreshing actually to have someone understand exactly what i mean and more importantly why.  :plus:

Thanks

:)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22401 on: December 23, 2009, 06:17:50 AM »
NW. 8)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22402 on: December 23, 2009, 06:49:55 AM »
North West?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22403 on: December 23, 2009, 06:51:32 AM »
No worries?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22404 on: December 23, 2009, 06:57:32 AM »
Oh! :asthing:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22405 on: December 23, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »
^ :lol:

What I'm thinking this morning...wishing I was with the boy.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22406 on: December 23, 2009, 02:02:28 PM »

Don't tell me that that is a new thought in the morning.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22407 on: December 23, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »

Don't tell me that that is a new thought in the morning.

:laugh: No, it's an every day 24/7 thought, but today was it was more consuming than usual. ;)

Now I'm thinking about my new favourite car.

Ferrari Enzo

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22408 on: December 24, 2009, 07:34:31 AM »
Roll on January  :facepalm2:

GalileoAce

« Reply #22409 on: December 24, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »