Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 375541 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #20910 on: September 17, 2009, 02:26:27 PM »
I really need to do this project.    Procrastinating is a way of life for me, and it has to change.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20911 on: September 17, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
Have to remember to check the HD size of that thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20912 on: September 17, 2009, 09:43:51 PM »
Always look on the bright side of life [/Monty Python]

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #20913 on: September 17, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »
My theory looks promising and unconventional, but it's making strange predictions. Haven't quite figure out how to interpret it yet, or whenever or not I made an error.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #20914 on: September 18, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »
My theory looks promising and unconventional, but it's making strange predictions. Haven't quite figure out how to interpret it yet, or whenever or not I made an error.

Consult a magic 8 ball.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #20915 on: September 18, 2009, 12:42:47 AM »

Consult a magic 8 ball.

Tried it, and unfortunately it said, "I haven't got a fucking clue mate, try tarot cards"
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20916 on: September 18, 2009, 01:41:32 AM »
And did you try the tarot cards? ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #20917 on: September 18, 2009, 01:43:24 AM »
Same crap, they have no clue and told me to see a psychic. >:(

Blasted

« Reply #20918 on: September 18, 2009, 07:36:28 AM »
Life is bad when you can't afford cigarettes.  Today I bummed one off a random man on the street and felt horribly trampy for doing so.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #20919 on: September 18, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »
Life is bad when you can't afford cigarettes.  Today I bummed one off a random man on the street and felt horribly trampy for doing so.

So you should!

As long as you haven't tried to smoke the butts you find on the ground yet.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20920 on: September 18, 2009, 08:24:56 AM »

Is it something that you could describe to us without us needing to understand a lot of exotic maths, and without putting your Nobel Prize at risk of being stolen?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #20921 on: September 18, 2009, 09:34:01 AM »

Is it something that you could describe to us without us needing to understand a lot of exotic maths, and without putting your Nobel Prize at risk of being stolen?

I doubt I'd get that far, not even close to being taken seriously. I'm hardly a genius, not a physicist and I only know basic mathematics. Sorry if I made it sound fantastic.

I'm basically working on a theory of everything that present a string like structure to elementary particles. Based on how these strings loop around a core point and what way they fluctuate and flow, they determine the elementary particle's entire makeup. It's tricky to explain it because while I work on this theory, I draw these particles as 2D representations and try to figure things out visually. However that's the real idea behind my theory; It's to formulate a visual representation of everything, and how and why it works in a simplified yet effective fashion.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:07:52 AM by Singularity »

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20922 on: September 18, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »

I doubt I'd get that far, not even close to being taken seriously. I'm hardly a genius, not a physicist and I only know basic mathematics. Sorry if I made it sound fantastic.

I'm basically working on a theory of everything that present a string like structure to elementary particles. Based on how these strings loop around a core point and what way they fluctuate and flow, they determine the elementary particle's entire makeup. It's tricky to explain it because while I work on this theory, I draw these particles as 2D representations and try to figure things out visually. However that's the real idea behind my theory; It's to formulate a visual representation of everything, and how and why it works in a simplified yet effective fashion.

So, it's something along the lines of Feynmann diagrams, but for strings rather than point particles?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #20923 on: September 18, 2009, 11:05:17 AM »
So, it's something along the lines of Feynmann diagrams, but for strings rather than point particles?

Not exactly, but that could be done though. My diagrams try to show a literal 2D interpretation on what happens to the strings involved in certain interactions.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:25:38 AM by Singularity »

Offline Toad

• Rhyfelwr Draig y Aspie Elet
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #20924 on: September 18, 2009, 01:55:34 PM »
If there's eight notes in an octave why is there only seven in the Do, Ray, Me thingy?