Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 343905 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #18405 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40:05 PM »

:yikes:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18406 on: January 16, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »

I know it was a mistake Renaeden, but you'll fix it, soon, I trust.  (the other one, too, please.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18407 on: January 16, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
I fixed it. I had two browsers and three tabs open to be able to get the images across (usually I use Firefox but it will not update itself and I don't know why. Will probably have to uninstall then reinstall it grrr) and so didn't see what happened straight away.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

TheoK

« Reply #18408 on: January 17, 2009, 04:22:55 AM »

That's Shleedenstein's monster. Load your gun and lock your door.  ;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18409 on: January 17, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »

That's Shleedenstein's monster. Load your gun and lock your door.  ;)

I know WHO it is!  It's a funny pic.

When Renaeden first added a few recently posted images to her (always closed) archive thread, she had THAT pic labeled as my house from google earth street view.

Schleeeed's OK, but I wouldn't want to "live there."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:14:40 AM by DirtDawg »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #18410 on: January 17, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »
I was t'willing
for the rape
on that pic.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18411 on: January 18, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »

... but I doubt that you expected for the queue line to be as long.

:zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18412 on: January 21, 2009, 02:01:09 AM »

JEEZ

I don't know why I hadn't looked at my mail until now. My dividend statement came today and I'm a moderately rich man, again. As I had predicted in October when things began to crash, my assets have done fine. I had not expected my "outpay"  to go from nine to twelve for the first quarter, though.

YaY!!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18413 on: January 21, 2009, 03:11:35 AM »
Care to invest in a little Nigerian mining scam opportunity? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18414 on: January 21, 2009, 05:45:26 AM »
I invested a little money in some Royal Bank of Scotland shares this morning.  They were over 300p a year ago, but they've plummeted due to the banking crisis and I was able to pick them up at 10.5p.  It's a high-risk investment, but it's money I can afford to lose, and I suspect that the current low price is just a temporary panic, and that it will recover a bit once people calm down.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18415 on: January 21, 2009, 05:49:35 AM »

Nah, I'll stick the with Canadian mining companies for now. Thanks. Let me know when you can actually remove product from your mines, though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:13:32 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18416 on: January 21, 2009, 05:52:33 AM »
I invested a little money in some Royal Bank of Scotland shares this morning.  They were over 300p a year ago, but they've plummeted due to the banking crisis and I was able to pick them up at 10.5p.  It's a high-risk investment, but it's money I can afford to lose, and I suspect that the current low price is just a temporary panic, and that it will recover a bit once people calm down.

I dunno, you better ask Hardon.

My simple view would be that you have made a wise decision.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18417 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:32 AM »

I dunno, you better ask Hardon.

My simple view would be that you have made a wise decision.

So far so good; the market's closed now and the shares are up 15.33% from when I bought them this morning, minus a few percent for the transaction cost.  It's not a particularly meaningful rise, since it could plunge, soar or be nationalised and de-listed in the coming weeks and months, but it's a nice start, and it'll be interesting to see what they're worth a few years from now, if RBS survives.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18418 on: January 21, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »

Nah, I'll stick the with Canadian mining companies for now. Thanks. Let me know when you can actually remove product from your mines, though.

How about a little money transfer thing on the side, then? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18419 on: January 22, 2009, 01:24:21 PM »

Let's see, would that be the money that was stolen from South African Mafia, to be laundered and shuttled into charities such as the Christian Nigerian Children's Fund, by any chance?

...   or is this some of the money that was scammed from terrorists, destined for the families who lost loved ones and jobs in the WTC attack?

How much is it going to cost me to help your cause?

*sniffs the bait before biting, cringes*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:26:33 PM by DirtDawg »