Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 365445 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #17625 on: August 28, 2008, 04:45:25 PM »
Accurate.  Why was your doc so insistant upon having expensive diagnositic work done?  Does it benefit you/allow you services?

Have you any idea of what a golf set costs these days?

... and those reserved tee times on posh courses?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17626 on: August 28, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »
Are you referring to an erroneous, false and wayward globe, circumvolving a particular celestial body by another name.

:eyebrow:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17627 on: August 28, 2008, 07:33:34 PM »
Are you referring to an erroneous, false and wayward globe, circumvolving a particular celestial body by another name.

Sorry, I had not yet caught up with the entirety of the day's postings when I wrote that.

They were talking about P's forum. I finally got to have a peek, yesterday. The link on Dunc's sig works. The only people I can even recognize are Ozy, Dunc and Alex. There is also a Schleed, who was here, shortly, but I don't know anything about him.

I gathered that Hadron is an administrator. Fuck that.

I can see Dunc at his site and I can see Ozy or Alex here, if I want. I wonder if any women are going to join. The place looks like a ballpark hotdog stand - all of them lined up, pointed at you, bubbling and spinning.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #17628 on: August 28, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »

Sorry, I had not yet caught up with the entirety of the day's postings when I wrote that.

They were talking about P's forum. I finally got to have a peek, yesterday. The link on Dunc's sig works. The only people I can even recognize are Ozy, Dunc and Alex. There is also a Schleed, who was here, shortly, but I don't know anything about him.

I gathered that Hadron is an administrator. Fuck that.

I can see Dunc at his site and I can see Ozy or Alex here, if I want. I wonder if any women are going to join. The place looks like a ballpark hotdog stand - all of them lined up, pointed at you, bubbling and spinning.

Nope, I'm not bubbling and screaming blasphemies at the center of infinity like Azathoth.   :cthulhu:  I haven't achieved Great Old one status yet!   :zoinks:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17629 on: August 28, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »

:laugh:

I'm there, Milla's there, Mel's there. I'm not sure about any other women. I can't see past all the people randomly changing their user ID's either.

I got into a fun argument with Hadron when he told me he knew better than I did whether I was happy. Other than that I haven't seen much of interest. But it could also be general lassitude about online forums. I liked the spectrum community better when there was drama everywhere. Now that most people are thoroughly sick of it, the lack of overall substance underneath becomes apparent.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17630 on: August 28, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »

I'm there, Milla's there, Mel's there. I'm not sure about any other women. I can't see past all the people randomly changing their user ID's either.

I got into a fun argument with Hadron when he told me he knew better than I did whether I was happy. Other than that I haven't seen much of interest. But it could also be general lassitude about online forums. I liked the spectrum community better when there was drama everywhere. Now that most people are thoroughly sick of it, the lack of overall substance underneath becomes apparent.

The lack of substance was always apparent to me, but then, I've been jaded for a great while

Your argument  sounds about like most Hadron-sired insights - sort of a loose-mesh catch of assumption, opinion, concoction and projection, which he spouts as if his pansophical mind and vast experience have led him to the truth of truths and we're all just too thickwitted to see it.

OK, so there are two women there I like to hear from. I'll consider my words fed back to me with a shovel.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17631 on: August 28, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
The lack of substance was always apparent to me, but then, I've been jaded for a great while

How come you've stuck around so long, if it was always apparent? How do you keep yourself entertained?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17632 on: August 28, 2008, 10:57:36 PM »

How come you've stuck around so long, if it was always apparent? How do you keep yourself entertained?

It's not so much about being entertained as it is about attempting to safely socialize within a set of terms from which I can choose. For entertainment I play music, make up equations and apply them to fractal image generating software, watch a movie or read fiction.

The "substance" is not in the drama. It is in the way we deal with our drama that matters and interactions that precede and follow are far more telling of true character.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17633 on: August 28, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
The "substance" is not in the drama. It is in the way we deal with our drama that matters and interactions that precede and follow are far more telling of true character.

Ya think? I don't see why one is any more "true" than the other. They're both part of life.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17634 on: August 29, 2008, 09:03:42 AM »
Yes, it was so he could sign off on the ritalin prescriptions every month with a clear mind.  Hell, he even made me take a random urine drug test last month.  Still to be fair, it's the idiots out there Doctor shopping, trying to forge prescriptions, con pharmacists, etc, that make me understand why he would want an actual dx. in his hand before signing off a prescription. 

I guess he wanted to make sure I wasn't some stupid drug seeker/abuser.  Oh and the urine drug test cost us 250 dollars.   C'est La Vie! 
Well at least there was sort of a reason.  A doc who would arbitrarily order tests out of curiousity when the patient is paying out of pocket would have to have his own mental problems.   :orly:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17635 on: August 29, 2008, 10:25:35 AM »

Ya think? I don't see why one is any more "true" than the other. They're both part of life.

A part and, if we are lucky, the parts balance.
One is more like the honing of a fine blade and the other is more like the wielding. One gives the blade a purpose, the other allows for it to become refined. Honing or wielding of our blade will still wear it down. Many an overwrought blade falls dull or broken, while the over-polished blade has done nothing but decorate. Either extreme can shorten the blade's life.

I'm all about reaching a balance.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17636 on: August 29, 2008, 10:48:50 AM »
Fair enough.

(*grin*)

ozymandias

« Reply #17637 on: August 29, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »

A part and, if we are lucky, the parts balance.
One is more like the honing of a fine blade and the other is more like the wielding. One gives the blade a purpose, the other allows for it to become refined. Honing or wielding of our blade will still wear it down. Many an overwrought blade falls dull or broken, while the over-polished blade has done nothing but decorate. Either extreme can shorten the blade's life.

I'm all about reaching a balance.

It is a lifetime struggle, though some days the goal is more reachable than others! 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17638 on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:40 PM »
Fair enough.

(*grin*)

... but see, "one" can not even observe another person's drama without changing the outcome. Trying to understand even makes "one" involved on some level and influences the course.

I find that, most often, a person's reflex action to sudden "drama" is produced by the proverbial gut. Predicting the reaction is not possible. Even learning much from an observation of gut-reflex is not really practical, because if something even remotely similar happens to "one,"  "one" discovers that "ones" own proverbial gut is made up of varying quantities of differing "stuff."
Can't learn, except by doing. Sorry, no shortcuts to guts!

Although, I can see how certain types of "drama" can be entertaining, until you become bored with watching.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17639 on: August 29, 2008, 12:59:51 PM »
I find that, most often, a person's reflex action to sudden "drama" is produced by the proverbial gut. Predicting the reaction is not possible.
I disagree. There are still plenty of patterns and tendencies. Some people cry, some people become disdainful, some people run, some people attack blindly - and a person's not likely to spontaneously change their usual responses. Such changes are usually gradual, or provoked by an obvious cause.

Even learning much from an observation of gut-reflex is not really practical, because if something even remotely similar happens to "one,"  "one" discovers that "ones" own proverbial gut is made up of varying quantities of differing "stuff."
Depends what "one" is trying to learn. I, for one, ( :P ) find it fascinating to observe people in conflict, not because I'm trying to predict my own response, but because I want to predict and affect others' responses.

Can't learn, except by doing. Sorry, no shortcuts to guts!
Agreed - though I actually know one person who vehemently argues the opposite, and I find it fascinating to watch, because while his advice rarely helps those around him, it works extremely well for him personally. By watching others instead of making his own mistakes, he managed to avoid a lot of financial and future-planning blunders, and became successful faster than most.

Although, I can see how certain types of "drama" can be entertaining, until you become bored with watching.
I only find it boring once it's become predictable - hence why the forums were more interesting when I first joined. There was more of a sense of mission, more people trying for common ground, and the momentum of finally discovering what was "wrong" with you all along and finding others like you. I'm still idealistic, so I revise my visions when they're proven false instead of abandoning them.