Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 369288 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #12285 on: October 31, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »
thinking that i really should use capital letters properly, everywhere. (replied to an official email thing without any capitals and then realised that i wasn't posting here...)

it must be catching, considering witchy pants doesn't use capitals either.  :eyebrows:

i got it from her. i'm so easily swayed, i know. :laugh:

:sheep:

I like capitals. They help make posts more readable.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #12286 on: October 31, 2007, 08:29:18 PM »
COOL THEN I HOPE I'M MAKING YOU FEEL JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER THEN AHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #12287 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »
 ::)

Not what I meant. That's even worse than
no caps.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12288 on: October 31, 2007, 08:41:05 PM »
well then spell it out for me fool...

Mr T aint got no time for bullshit like...

A to the mother fucking K

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #12289 on: October 31, 2007, 08:42:24 PM »
I pity the fool who kill my son, E.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12290 on: November 01, 2007, 12:12:52 AM »
Snickers.....

GET SOME NUTS !!!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12291 on: November 01, 2007, 04:57:01 AM »
It's morning already ???
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12292 on: November 01, 2007, 06:07:22 AM »

Apparently Indiana has one of the worst concentrations of MRSA infections in the nation. Kids came home with a formally drawn-up legalese-looking letter from the school board, directing us to this resource (pdf) and a number of others.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12293 on: November 01, 2007, 06:23:25 AM »
Oh,they also warned us that the children may return home smelling like bleach, because they plan on doing a thorough washdown several times this week in all the schools where this particular strain of Staphylococcus aureus has been identified.

If you read in the pdf, about one fourth to one third of the population is colonised by the bacteria at any one time. This is kind of scary, but we are generally healthy people, so I'm hoping this won't affect us.

The big media hyped scare is due to a seventeen year old boy whose MRSA infection spread to his internal organs and eventually the muscles of his heart. His death has been called a fluke, but some are saying that this is the next AIDS. Again, I think that the truth lies somewhere in the middle ground. I can't help responding to the school's cautions, though.

Chech out this local news story for a taste of the hype.

MRSA: Staph Infections threaten Schools; Health Department Reacts

By Nicole Pence
Watch the story
An important health warning for our community. According to a recent government report, more Americans in 2005 died from an antibiotic-resistant staph infection than aids. Nicole Pence explains what that means locally.

It's known as the "Super-bug" or MRSA, commonly called "mur-sa". It's a staph infection that doesn't respond to treatment with common antibiotics, like penicillin. The Centers for Disease Control report it's spreading wildly through schools, hospitals, prisons and athletic facilities.

The numbers startle health officials here locally. Some these pictures are disturbing.

Many times, people assume it's just a spider bite.

Dr. Deborah McMahan/Allen County Health Dept.: "Red, warm and pus there is an infection going on there and most people. 80 percent of people will go to the doctor and say I was bitten by a spider, even though they never actually saw the spider, but it's in fact it's really a skin infection."

A very serious skin infection in this case. In the CDC's report, more than 90- thousand Americans may get the "SuperBug or, MRSA, each year.

Sadly, earlier this week, a high school student in Virginia lost his life. It's a powerful drug resistant strain of staph bacteria.

John Colmers/MD Health Secretary: "You will not hear the health secretary at this point say it's a cause for panic. It is something that we have to be concerned with as health care providers and others of public health officials certainty."

Doctor McMahan says her office has noticed more calls about MRSA in the last year. Previous reports, suggested it was mostly transferred through unsanitary hospital procedures and mainly attacked the elderly. But, that's not the case now.

Dr. Deborah McMahan/Allen County Health Dept: "The healthcare community has to be more alert now that now that there are a lot of cases where it was a simple skin infection but are now in fact are finding out it's MRSA."

Those at high risk are typically young people, athletes, those in close skin to skin contact. A tear in your skin is often the infection path, and the bacteria can live on surfaces for days or weeks. Because regular antibiotics can't fight it, if you have any worries, head to the doctors office immediatly.

The Allen County Health Department has been working with the school safety commission to design these posters. They'll be up in schools sometime this fall to remind teachers, students and coaches what to look for and how to treat and prevent MRSA from speading.

Again, our best bet is to follow the basics, right? Yes, wash your hands often, and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. But, again if your skin is irritated and red for longer than two days, you should see a doctor because if it is MRSA, it needs special attention.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:32:23 AM by Ass Fairy12 »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12294 on: November 01, 2007, 06:49:12 AM »
I think it is somewhat over blown the fact it's happening to young people is probably why if it was grandpa in the nursing home we'd never hear about it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #12295 on: November 01, 2007, 07:37:49 AM »
MRSA is a big deal in hospitals over here, but not in schools etc. thats quite scary.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12296 on: November 01, 2007, 07:39:54 AM »
Actually, it HAS been around a while, but it is now predicted that up to half of all hospital-transferred infections are of the resistant type.

... excerpted from a Rockefeller University article.
The very first MRSA was detected in 1961 in a British hospital within one year of the introduction of the methicillin class of antibiotics into clinical practice. Shortly afterwards, in 1963, MRSA appeared among staphylococci causing blood stream infections in Danish hospitals.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12297 on: November 01, 2007, 07:47:58 AM »
MRSA is a big deal in hospitals over here, but not in schools etc. thats quite scary.

Yeah! I had heard the news about the sports team who were infected, the kid who died recently, but I thought it was all "very far away."  It's not! It is right here. Our brand new school is heavily contaminated with MRSA!
It was a bit of a shocker, this morning. We had a day off from homework, because of the Halloween traditions in the USA. I enforced a NO-Crack rule to everything school related, last night. This morning, when I cracked their bags for the first time there was this letter in each bag, To The Parents of:

:yikes:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12298 on: November 01, 2007, 08:10:23 AM »
thinking that i really should use capital letters properly, everywhere. (replied to an official email thing without any capitals and then realised that i wasn't posting here...)

it must be catching, considering witchy pants doesn't use capitals either.  :eyebrows:

i got it from her. i'm so easily swayed, i know. :laugh:

yeah, right.  ::)

:violin:

I will miss your expressions marked by proper command of English. I accepted what Lucifer was trying to do, even though I thought of it as quite bizarre, but that was just her. With you, it seems as if you are spinning past your outer valence.

yep - i do that to people, too (as well as mind-controlling them into not using capitals).

btw, what did you think i was trying to do, bizarre or otherwise?  ???  to be honest, i don't use upper case simply because i can type quicker if i don't.  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12299 on: November 01, 2007, 08:17:52 AM »
so far, no luck with the caps. this *is* faster, you know. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein