Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 371980 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #10560 on: July 27, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »
that sucks.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10561 on: July 27, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »
to lose weight.
Oh, couldnt you just adapt your diet/ take more exercise rather than mess around with funny pills?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10562 on: July 27, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »
Dex is probably bad for muscles too.  I read that it raises cortisol, which breaks down muscle.

I would expect that, but fight it with exercise.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #10563 on: July 27, 2007, 06:12:53 PM »
I'v noticed no loss of appetite since I started ritalin and my daughter eats quite normally for a teen despite her Concerta dose.
Concerta? Are you saying your daughter is a music fan or is it another med?

Yes and yes, Concerta is sustained release ritalin.  She takes it once in the morning and it's supposed to last at least till she's done her homework.  And yes, she is quite the music fan, taking guitar lessons, even writing songs, and she loves all sorts of music.  The ritalin does help tremendously with her focus in school and with her music concentration.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10564 on: July 27, 2007, 06:14:13 PM »
I'v noticed no loss of appetite since I started ritalin and my daughter eats quite normally for a teen despite her Concerta dose.
Concerta? Are you saying your daughter is a music fan or is it another med?

Yes and yes, Concerta is sustained release ritalin.  She takes it once in the morning and it's supposed to last at least till she's done her homework.  And yes, she is quite the music fan, taking guitar lessons, even writing songs, and she loves all sorts of music.  The ritalin does help tremendously with her focus in school and with her music concentration.
Is your daughter an NT, sounds like she does plenty of NT stuff?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10565 on: July 27, 2007, 06:18:26 PM »
to lose weight.
Oh, couldnt you just adapt your diet/ take more exercise rather than mess around with funny pills?

i have an eating disorder. i eat funnily. i try to eat right though. i get no exercise. i'm agoraphobic.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

ozymandias

« Reply #10566 on: July 27, 2007, 06:20:56 PM »
No, she's officially dx'd AS and ADD.  She's aspie thru and thru.  Magnificent Obsessions, socially clueless, pretty disorganized, easily distracted, very loyal, couldn't tell a lie to save her soul, but, she tries her damned hardest to figure things out! :green:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10567 on: July 27, 2007, 06:22:57 PM »
to lose weight.

i have an eating disorder. i eat funnily. i try to eat right though. i get no exercise. i'm agoraphobic.
Hmm, why dont you get a running machine or something indoors to exercise. That should balence your ED.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10568 on: July 27, 2007, 06:23:48 PM »
because i can't afford something like that and if i move it'll be a bastard to haul.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10569 on: July 27, 2007, 06:24:23 PM »
No, she's officially dx'd AS and ADD.  She's aspie thru and thru.  Magnificent Obsessions, socially clueless, pretty disorganized, easily distracted, very loyal, couldn't tell a lie to save her soul, but, she tries her damned hardest to figure things out! :green:
Hmm, its just the music that made the think otherwise. As for not being able to lie, i wouldnt consider it an aspie trait, just that we have to learn the skill in a different way.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10570 on: July 27, 2007, 06:25:58 PM »
because i can't afford something like that and if i move it'll be a bastard to haul.
You could get a good cross trainer for under £100 if you looked wisely enough. In the long run it would cost you nothing because you wouldnt have to pay prescription charges for you Ed med. As for moving it, its more exercise  ;)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10571 on: July 27, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »
they're my ADD meds and i don't take them anymore. and i wouldn't personally move it. i can't carry it across country. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10572 on: July 27, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »
they're my ADD meds and i don't take them anymore. and i wouldn't personally move it. i can't carry it across country. :P
Oh right. Wont you get a lorry to move your stuff. Where abouts are you planning on moving to?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10573 on: July 27, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »
somewhere nice.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10574 on: July 27, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »
somewhere nice.
Any ideas, how about rainy England?