Author Topic: I got my first Stitches  (Read 760 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I got my first Stitches
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 02:47:32 AM »
Yes, it looked like the stitches were really irritating your skin. 

I popped a stitch out when I had my c-section too and then the whole stitch had to be pulled out, even though mine was designed to stay in under the skin.  Taking it out really hurt.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 01:09:38 AM »
awesome video, thank you for sharing it!
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »

I popped a stitch out when I had my c-section too and then the whole stitch had to be pulled out, even though mine was designed to stay in under the skin.  Taking it out really hurt.

After that trauma with my leg I couldn't imagine having stitches across my abdomen all those muscles and skin layers and that's where you move the most and your stomach loses elasticity. My mom had that problem after she had a C-section with me (she can't get the ideal flat tummy no matter what).

She had to have one cause I had to be a stubborn baby and be sideways.  :zoinks:
Park.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »
Oh shit...............I  jut saw an ACL operation (Knee Surgery) on Youtube. Imagine. Having all those stitches across your knee and the fact that if your not careful they could burst open if you accidentally bend it if you didn't have your brace on.  :o

Like if the doctor was looking at it after removing the brace and if a bird flew in the room and made you jump and made you bend your knee you'd be screwed.
Park.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »

After that trauma with my leg I couldn't imagine having stitches across my abdomen all those muscles and skin layers and that's where you move the most and your stomach loses elasticity. My mom had that problem after she had a C-section with me (she can't get the ideal flat tummy no matter what).

She had to have one cause I had to be a stubborn baby and be sideways.  :zoinks:

I wonder if the doctor tried to turn you so you were head down before the c-section?

My daughter was sticking her hand out of my cervix ahead of her head, so she probably would have hurt her shoulder being born vaginally.  Even though I really did not want one at the time, it was much better that I had a c-section because we found out that her cord was wrapped around her neck four times and she might not have survived a vaginal birth.  We were actually lucky she was sticking her hand out.