Educational

Author Topic: My hose  (Read 664 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: My hose
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 09:05:20 AM »
In south Western Australia, the fad is to build double brick houses (two layers of bricks). That seems to work well for noise reduction but in summer the bricks absorb and hold the heat for days which sucks.

I have lived in old fibro houses before where you can hear everything outside and in - definitely could have done with some dense pack cellulose.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 12:32:42 PM »
Your hose is mighty fine :zoinks:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »
In south Western Australia, the fad is to build double brick houses (two layers of bricks). That seems to work well for noise reduction but in summer the bricks absorb and hold the heat for days which sucks.

I have lived in old fibro houses before where you can hear everything outside and in - definitely could have done with some dense pack cellulose.

No insulation between the two layers of bricks? That is what they do here. Thick layer of insulation between the two layers. And making sure there is a bit of ventilation, to prevent mold and rot.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 04:11:21 PM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 10:33:04 PM »

No insulation between the two layers of bricks? That is what they do here. Thick layer of insulation between the two layers. And making sure there is a bit of ventilation, to prevent mold and rot.
Nope, no insulation between layers. We have insulation between our ceiling and the roof but it's crap. Probably could do with some new stuff.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »

Nope, no insulation between layers. We have insulation between our ceiling and the roof but it's crap. Probably could do with some new stuff.

They could just add more over the old,  here the new code is R-49 about 15 inches(38cm)  that is what I did today blew in almost 3000lbs(1360kg) of cellulose into two attics
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »
Holy crap that's a lot.  :o
Tek'ma'tae