Educational

Author Topic: Ask ozymandias.......................if you've nothing better to do!  (Read 11451 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Ask ozymandias.......................if you've nothing better to do!
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:42 PM »
OK I have been trying to reference this anywhere.
What is this "centipedes in the vagina" expression and where did it come from?

Seriously, damned if I know!!   ???  It cropped up on this board sometime ago and it makes absolutely NO fucking sense to me.  I'm as much in the dark as you are!!  And  I can't say as the link that Callaway provided made it any clearer. 

A few guesses from my perspective, it either refers to a peculiar sensation women feel in regard to periods,, sexual sensations or the discomfort from one helluva yeast infection or STD.

Somethings I hear............well, I don't want to know!   :P
I know ahayes/Disgruntled Carpet Cleaner has made a poll or something on it, that was the first time I knew anything about it.
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=6703.0
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

ozymandias

« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2008, 08:54:33 AM »
Oh yeah, I read that thread, didn't get it then, still don't.   :P

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
Are you at ease with me?

Oh fuck, I got American Cancer Society's walk song in my mind.  Its a great thing to listen to, even if your in remission, or cured like I am.
* AllDayGlowRandy sings... opening windows opening doors.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

ozymandias

« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
I treat each individual differently according to the situation.  Your no different to me than anybody else. 

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2008, 02:03:04 PM »
Very well, done anything intresting lately?
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

ozymandias

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2008, 02:23:17 PM »
Very well, done anything intresting lately?

Went to a bookstore and bought some interesting books about volcanoes.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2008, 02:37:28 PM »
I heard about those briefly on the discovery channel, its sorta symbolic of a release of tension.

ozymandias

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
Maybe, or me just being fascinated by mountains that can literally explode.  Either way, it's been one of my main obsessions since early childhood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »
I was obsessed by them when I was a kid. I used to think that there was one near where we lived.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
I was obsessed by them when I was a kid. I used to think that there was one near where we lived.

There might have been.....around 200 million years ago, give or take a few epochs.   :laugh:  There's old vents 45 miles from where I live and there's an old supervolcano site about 35 miles south of me.   :green:  Sadly, they've been extinct for over 150 million years or so.   :'(     :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »
As far as I know, it must have been well over 200 million years ago... Finland never had any volcanoes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2008, 06:20:53 PM »
As far as I know, it must have been well over 200 million years ago... Finland never had any volcanoes.

Scandinavia and Finland are very ancient continental crust.   Any volcanic activity was half a billion to even a billion years old.   There's some old, 400 million years old volcanic traces about 50 miles or so from me.  Not much to think about, but, worth noting as a reference in regard to Earth's past.  It's something I think about when I'm driving and go through one of those road cuts thru bedrock and observe traces of basaltic dikes (ancient magma intrusions) in the host rock.

There's an area in Russia called the "Siberian Traps", it was the scene of huge outpourings of Lava, something called Flood Basalts.  Lava just erupted and covered thousands of square kilometers to a depth of 1-3 kilometers over many millenia.  Possibly resulting in the Permian Great extinction event.  It's one of the largest flood basalt regions known on earth.  For perspective, a single siberian trap eruption would have made Hawaii's current 20+ year eruption look miniscule.

There'll be a test on this next week.  <end little professor mode>   :P

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2008, 07:04:51 PM »
I find volcanoes exciting. There was an eruption a few years ago in New Zealand so that volcano is still active. I can't remember the name of it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

ozymandias

« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »
I find volcanoes exciting. There was an eruption a few years ago in New Zealand so that volcano is still active. I can't remember the name of it.

I know what your talking about and I can't remember the name either.  All I can remember is that a vulcanologist was up there at the time and was never seen again nor was his body ever recovered.  New Zealand has a number of active volcanoes in the North Island.  There are volcanoes on the east coast of australia, some as recent as 500-1000 years ago.  There are even lava tubes that one can explore.  If memory serves me correctly, Victoria was the scene of the most recent (geologically speaking) activity and Mt. Gambier was active also at some point.

I should also add that geologically speaking any volcano that has had activity in the last 10,000 years is considered potentially active.  Most volcanoes have lifespans of tens or hundreds of thousands of years.  Supervolcanoes are the only exceptions, they  can be potentially active over a few million years.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »
I think its a man thing also, big exploding volcanos and lifting weights  etc.