Author Topic: Changing the color scheme on yr. computer  (Read 333 times)

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
Changing the color scheme on yr. computer
« on: September 01, 2007, 11:26:14 PM »
Is there any way to like change the color of the toolbar or start button or anything at the bottom? Also, is there some kind of alternative to iTunes that lets you pick the color scheme?
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: Changing the color scheme on yr. computer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 11:28:58 PM »
Is there any way to like change the color of the toolbar or start button or anything at the bottom? Also, is there some kind of alternative to iTunes that lets you pick the color scheme?
What you're looking for is called a theme.

http://www.themexp.org/listings.php?type=vs&view=date&proddesc=XP%20Visual%20Styles

I'm assuming you have XP.

Itunes... I have no idea.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 11:53:12 PM »
Thanks. I'm bit-torrent the Style XP thing right now, but do you need to subscribe to download themes? I'm not sure if it's worth 10 bucks..
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 12:04:44 AM »
Itunes as in EphPod?   That doesn't change color schemes or anything.   Are you referring to hacking your iPod itself and changing its color scheme, because I haven't read up on that being possible.   People are doing some crazy stuff with them though.   I really don't use iTunes much to play music (I use winamp), other than to put music on iPod.   As far as changing iTunes actual look, nothing that I can see currently about skins.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 02:55:17 AM »
I used to change the colour of the progress bar on XP all the time. But I can't do it with Vista. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:00:18 AM »
I used to change the colour of the progress bar on XP all the time. But I can't do it with Vista. :(

Ouch.  I haven't commited to doing Vista yet.   I could make a partition on one of my 3 HDs to give it a try.   My company has more licenses that it needs and I could use a copy (just Business version sadly) to try it out.   I am not encouraged by it however and I would only need it for DX10 gaming.   That of course would require me to purchase a video card like my friend James has (8800 GTX 768 MB PCI Express droool....).   His machine is Godly, but he still needs another 8800 to make it complete to go along with the QuadCore Intel and his 4 GB of RAM (the sick bastard).   I need to find out how good he runs Bioshock (omgz...).    I don't give a shit about Aero to be honest, as it is just aesthetics that make the PC run slower and hog ram.   ReadyBoost is encouraging and along with DX10 are the only positives I see coming out of Vista.   I laugh at the notion of increased security as someone who works in IT.   True dedicated hackers will always find a backdoor haha.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 04:22:21 AM »
Your friend's computer is really good. GA has QuadCore but not as much RAM. He wants to buy 2GB.
He says he is glad of his new computer because he wants to play a game called Crysis. (?)

I do like Vista but it did mix me up while operating Media Player. My computer runs a bit slower as well.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 04:27:57 AM »
Yeah Crysis does indeed look sweet.   Crytek's last game Far Cry was pretty much the first big DX9 game if I remember correctly as well.   My friend is always into having the cutting edge PC.   The 2x PCI Express video card thing is pretty damn insane.    I am not surprised in the least that Vista slows PCs down with all of its unnecessary visual enhancements.   Visuals only matter in games as far as I am concerned.  Everything else is a waste of power.   Audio and everything else is very minimal in comparison.

duncvis

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 04:33:20 AM »
Having enough RAM and processor speed for sound editing is all I'm bothered about. i dont do PC gaming cos of the upgrade cycle - I have a newish NVidia card I got given a month or two ago and I haven't bothered to fit it yet. :P

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 04:38:01 AM »
 My friend is always into having the cutting edge PC.   The 2x PCI Express video card thing is pretty damn insane.
I just asked GA, he has 4x PCI Express. That is pretty insane, no wonder it cost so much.
I would like a better graphics card and I would like more RAM as well.
Tek'ma'tae

richard

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
i tried the black rain theme but it was hard to navagate, more so than the current theme im on