Author Topic: Theory of Mind thread  (Read 10201 times)

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
Re: Theory of Mind thread
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »
As for my MO, do you seriously expect me to have done stacks of research before making every post?

Only if you're going to state something as a blanket fact.  If you'd tack on an "in my experience" or "in my opinion", I don't think people would jump on you quite so much.

The_P

« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »
Wiki is about as informative as my videos. :P
Very informative then...  :)

I was accurate about you being a little bitch, after all. ;)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2007, 02:03:41 PM »
Wiki is about as informative as my videos. :P
Very informative then...  :)

I was accurate about you being a little bitch, after all. ;)
:lol:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
As for my MO, do you seriously expect me to have done stacks of research before making every post?

Only if you're going to state something as a blanket fact.  If you'd tack on an "in my experience" or "in my opinion", I don't think people would jump on you quite so much.

Good point, Kiriana.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2007, 02:10:10 PM »
i don't do veiled attacks - you're a bigot.

see?  :smarty:
Nice to get it out in the open. Are you now going to come and defend me then.

*throws up hands*  Well, I'm out.  For what it's worth, Hadron, my apologies for claiming you misinterpreted her remarks in this vein.  Obviously, I was mistaken.

not so.  in fact, not at all - what you said was absolutely correct, as his beef with me was that i defended muslims as one of the PC brigade, and not that i was suggesting that he was a bigot: he said i "encouraged bigotry".

you stay right here, darl' - you're far too entertaining and intelligent to lose.   :-*

;)

The_P

« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2007, 02:11:25 PM »
As long as some of them don't desire a theocratic hegemony, I'll tolerate any religious minority.

"By the all merciful Allah, let's spread the word through terrorist attacks!"

Nice one, Cyril.  :wanker:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »
:LMAO:

:plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #202 on: September 03, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »
:plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2007, 02:20:26 PM »

i don't care about your types. it was not about authority so to say it was such a type is not correct or the type itself is bullshit. so which is it? :laugh:
Arguement from authority, i.e crap arguement.
it was not from authority. it was from experience, wannit? so there's no authority involved. you're being illogical.

You misunderstand.  He is claiming that Lucifer committed an "argument from authority" error, a form of logical fallacy common in debates.

i don't misunderstand. he said it was a type of arguement, but all Lucifer did was speak from experience so how could that be authority? if i tell you i know something because i have experience with it then i'm not being authoritative i am just telling you i have learned though experience. what's illogical is Hardon's "types."

i don't care about your types. it was not about authority so to say it was such a type is not correct or the type itself is bullshit. so which is it? :laugh:
Arguement from authority, i.e crap arguement.
it was not from authority. it was from experience, wannit? so there's no authority involved. you're being illogical.

You misunderstand.  He is claiming that Lucifer committed an "argument from authority" error, a form of logical fallacy common in debates.

The I know 100's of muslims (and the rest of the shaboosh added in as well) line is what exactly?

And the "Here comes the PC brigade" was what exactly?
Refering to how she allows some bigotry but not others. She was taking the same line as the politcally correct brigade by backing muslims in such a fashion, even if it is one of the most bigoted religions in the planet.

you don't know the difference between religion and tradition. for example, muslim women wear head scarves and are oppressed, why is this? because of tradition. tradition of oppression. the men made it up and it was attached to religion like a fungus to a tree trunk. people think it's part of the religion, it isn't. just like circumcision is no part of Jewish religion, it's merely an old tradition that was started because of hygiene reasons.

can you provide some sort of proof of how the islam faith is biggoted in itself? you're the one who made this claim, you should be able to back it up.
I said lots of muslims are bigoted, not Islam itself (though there is probably plenty of proof in there). The teachings of the religious leaders are equally as important as the actual religious books. The stoning to death of women is in the application of Sharia law. And no I havent got tradition mixed up with religion, although there are plenty of court cases made by muslims who want to wear their wonderful full veils and the like, unfortuantly human rights prevent us to shipping them off to a country more suited to their ideas and bullshit.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2007, 02:21:23 PM »
As long as some of them don't desire a theocratic hegemony, I'll tolerate any religious minority.

40% of Muslims in the UK want to convert us to sharia law. That 40% should have been booted out ages ago.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »
losts of any people are bigoted. what's your fucking point, little boy?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Scrapheap

« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2007, 02:37:43 PM »

I think his point is that if people don't stand up to these Islamabullies, we will have a problem on our hads as is the case in France where muslims already have significant political power.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »

40% of Muslims in the UK want to convert us to sharia law. That 40% should have been booted out ages ago.

Source?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »

Source?
wiki ?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2007, 02:40:09 PM »
My point is that Lucifer is a hypocrite. She has attacked bigotry and then goes on to defend a group that is probably equally as bigoted as the BNP, if not more so. And what scraps just said.