Author Topic: Theory of Mind thread  (Read 10295 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Theory of Mind thread
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2007, 07:10:04 AM »
If I had a nickel for every time Lucifer says something along the lines of "I can't be arsed" and then goes on to reply to the said post, I'd have enough money to buy an island.

Could you buy one anyway, and move?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2007, 07:12:30 AM »
:LMAO:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2007, 07:18:17 AM »
True, the word she used was being repeatedly gheyed, but she spent half a thread complaining about it.

er, how do three posts in over three pages constitute "half a thread", especially as someone else brought it up, and you wanted to know who it was?  fuckinell, some mathematician you are!

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2007, 07:42:45 AM »
True, the word she used was being repeatedly gheyed, but she spent half a thread complaining about it.

er, how do three posts in over three pages constitute "half a thread", especially as someone else brought it up, and you wanted to know who it was?  fuckinell, some mathematician you are!

Did I say how long a thread is, i would go to 6 posts on average.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2007, 07:43:50 AM »
in english?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2007, 08:52:31 AM »
i don't care about your types. it was not about authority so to say it was such a type is not correct or the type itself is bullshit. so which is it? :laugh:
Arguement from authority, i.e crap arguement.

it was not from authority. it was from experience, wannit? so there's no authority involved. you're being illogical.

yes i am. :laugh:

wait, it doesn't work like that in the bugs bunny cartoons.  i switch what i say, then you switch waht you say and then i have just fandangoed you.

i knew you were gonna do it. :laugh: meep meep!

You're a ghoul.

no, i'm a road runner.

:witch1:
;)

you crazy mofo i can't believe you did that! :laugh: why didn't i think of that?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2007, 09:11:49 AM »
i don't care about your types. it was not about authority so to say it was such a type is not correct or the type itself is bullshit. so which is it? :laugh:
it was not from authority. it was from experience, wannit? so there's no authority involved. you're being illogical.

You misunderstand.  He is claiming that Lucifer committed an "argument from authority" error, a form of logical fallacy common in debates.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »

You misunderstand.  He is claiming that Lucifer committed an "argument from authority" error, a form of logical fallacy common in debates.

The I know 100's of muslims (and the rest of the shaboosh added in as well) line is what exactly?

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2007, 09:47:29 AM »

The I know 100's of muslims (and the rest of the shaboosh added in as well) line is what exactly?

And the "Here comes the PC brigade" was what exactly?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »

Refering to how she allows some bigotry but not others. She was taking the same line as the politcally correct brigade by backing muslims in such a fashion, even if it is one of the most bigoted religions in the planet.

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »

Refering to how she allows some bigotry but not others. She was taking the same line as the politcally correct brigade by backing muslims in such a fashion, even if it is one of the most bigoted religions in the planet.

Incorrect.  That was your justification.  The correct answer is "ad hominem".

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »

You missed off the initial line where she implied that I encouraged bigotry. The line before "Here comes the PC brigade". Actually, I was simply defending myself.

Scrapheap

« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2007, 10:23:06 AM »
If I had a nickel for every time Lucifer says something along the lines of "I can't be arsed" and then goes on to reply to the said post, I'd have enough money to buy an island.

Could you buy one anyway, and move?

No, I'd buy the Island and move you halfway there.

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »

You missed off the initial line where she implied that I encouraged bigotry. The line before "Here comes the PC brigade". Actually, I was simply defending myself.

Incorrect interpretation.  She did not imply that you encourage bigotry.

not really, no, to be honest.  i just can't stand the unbelievable hubris, which is based on nothing but unjustifed (or badly-justified) opinion (or wiki ::) ).  ignorance like this leads to bigotry.

"leads to" -- you're not there yet but you're on a known road due to your "unbelievable hubris, which is based on nothing but unjustifed (or badly-justified) opinion (or wiki ::) )"

You weren't defending yourself, you changed the topic with an ad hominem.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »

Incorrect interpretation.  She did not imply that you encourage bigotry.

not really, no, to be honest.  i just can't stand the unbelievable hubris, which is based on nothing but unjustifed (or badly-justified) opinion (or wiki ::) ).  ignorance like this leads to bigotry.

"leads to" -- you're not there yet but you're on a known road due to your "unbelievable hubris, which is based on nothing but unjustifed (or badly-justified) opinion (or wiki ::) )"

You weren't defending yourself, you changed the topic with an ad hominem.
"wiki" being her favourite word to describe any sources I present. Asides in another thread she has implied that I am a bigot (I cant be arsed to dig it out). It was a veiled attack on me.