Author Topic: look at this very cool thing in the mail i got!  (Read 1116 times)

Teejay

Re: look at this very cool thing in the mail i got!
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2007, 03:44:08 AM »
I use an electric for the daily shaving of my face actually.   Does a good job, the technology has improved over the years.

I use an disposable razor, does a better job than electric shavers I have used.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2007, 05:31:12 AM »
shaving is too fucking itchy for me, I used to have to be clean shaven for jobs and it drove me batshit - just one more sensory annoyance. These days I just use the trimmer or a pair of sharp scissors to keep my beard/tash from becoming too Islamic. 

Same here, exactly - batshit!
I don't bother with scissors, though. I actually have a decent model electric trimmer with attachments for various lengths of trim and the bare blade itself adjusts from "Leave an eighth inch" to " Remove a layer of skin or two" so I can get as close as I want along the edges. It is much easier to get straight cuts than with scissors with my weird red beard.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 09:39:28 AM »
shaving is too fucking itchy for me, I used to have to be clean shaven for jobs and it drove me batshit - just one more sensory annoyance. These days I just use the trimmer or a pair of sharp scissors to keep my beard/tash from becoming too Islamic. 

My husband hates shaving too, so he has a full beard and mustache.  I trim it for him because he looks like a Hasidic Jew if I don't.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 04:00:56 PM »
I use an electric for the daily shaving of my face actually.   Does a good job, the technology has improved over the years.

I got one of those 3D electric shavers for Christmas, but it's pretty shit; it takes forever to cut anything, especially in my neck/under-chin region.

Got mine for Christmas as well actually.   It works good enough and is faster usually than using a razor with having to put on foam or whatever.   I don't accidentally cut myself either and have to put toilet paper on my face before I go to freaking work.   My facial hair seems easy enough to cut, but yeah under the chin/neck area is harder to cut if you aren't practiced with it.   Still have to tilt your head back and twist your neck though.   Sometimes I still use a regular razor when I have time and for some reason care more about having a perfect shave (rare if ever).   I am not exceptionally hairy and any beard or moustache I have tried to grow looks rather pathetic imo.   It is weird since the hair on my head is insanely thick.

This is the model I have:

http://www.m2cshop.co.uk/store/Philips-Philishave-HQ6695-Shaver-p-217.html
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?