Author Topic: China is terrorizing our children  (Read 533 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: China is terrorizing our children
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 05:39:55 PM »
China need to start building more nukes. That wat they can pollute themselves into extinction.  ;D

Even without just think of all that mostly unregulated heavy industry and superb quality control they will get there soon enough :evillaugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 05:48:34 PM »
China need to start building more nukes. That wat they can pollute themselves into extinction.  ;D
They are buying a load of floating nuclear power plants from the Soviets Russians, from what I have heard. Only a matter of time really...

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 04:26:47 AM »
Chinese plane explodes while parked:

Plane explodes at Japanese airport

James Sturcke and agencies
Monday August 20, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

A China Airlines plane explodes in flames at Naha airport in Okinawa, Japan
The China Airlines plane explodes in flames at Naha airport in Okinawa, Japan. Photograph: Hiroshi Tsujimoto/AP

All 165 passengers and crew successfully evacuated a Boeing jet today, moments before it burst into flames.

The China Airlines plane exploded (Real Player) near the Naha airport terminal building in Okinawa, Japan. A spokesman for the Taiwanese airline said the Boeing 737 caught alight after it skidded on the tarmac on its way to a gate after landing.

"The fire started when the left engine exploded a minute after the aircraft entered the parking spot," the transport ministry official AhihikoTamura said.

Article continues
Airport traffic controllers had received no report from the pilot that anything was wrong, he said.

The 157 passengers - including two small children- evacuated the plane on inflated emergency slides. One member of the ground crew was injured, Kyodo news agency reported. A fire official, Hiroki Shimabukuro, said two passengers - a seven-year-old girl and a man in his 50s - had been taken to hospital because they felt ill, but they were uninjured. Police said terrorism was not suspected.

Early investigations raised the possibility that leaking fuel may have caught fire.

"There is a possibility of the engine exploding and catching fire due to a fuel leak," a Naha airport police official told Reuters.

The fire was put out about an hour later, leaving the aircraft charred and mangled.

Several passengers interviewed by the broadcaster NHK said were they were preparing to get off the plane after what seemed like an ordinary landing when they were told to use the emergency slides to evacuate. Some said they saw smoke and flames entering the cabin and that they heard explosions minutes after they left the aeroplane.

The head of Taiwan's Civil Aeronautics Administration, Chang Kuo-cheng, said China Airlines and its subsidiary Mandarin Airlines had been ordered to ground their 13 other Boeing 737-800s pending a full inspection.

"If there was a fire, it might have something to do with an oil leak," Mr Chang said, noting that the exact cause was not known.

The Okinawa fire is a setback to China Airlines, which in recent years appeared to have improved on a troubled safety record among international carriers.

A China Airlines 747 crashed in 2002 as it flew from Taipei to Hong Kong, causing 225 deaths, and some 450 people died in China Airlines accidents during the 1990s.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 04:43:57 AM »
Overview of Chinese food scares:
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 05:52:54 AM »
the list has been becoming extensive as of late.

is this terrorism?
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 08:07:28 AM »
the list has been becoming extensive as of late.

is this terrorism?

It's low standards and even lower bids.  Wait till nobody can make anything anymore and they won't need terrorism they'll just refuse to trade

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 11:01:16 AM »
LOS ANGELES - An endangered California condor that was being treated at the Los Angeles Zoo for lead poisoning died this week, a conservation group reported.

Tests showed the bird had 10 times the safe amount of lead in its bloodstream after it was caught at Bitter Creek National Wildlife Refuge last month, according to Audubon California, an environmental and conservation group.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070818/ap_on_sc/brf_condor_dead;_ylt=AjWj63Q47tyzBYWqBkcxRgGs0NUE

It must have been chewing on it Dora the Explorer doll from China :green:

George Bernard Shaw