Author Topic: Traveling  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Traveling
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »
i love london.  but then i was born there, and so can avoid all the bits everyone usually hates, as a tourist.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2007, 05:38:35 PM »
Yes i like France, especially Paris, i used to go there a few times a year when i lived down South - only a couple of hours on EuroStar.
Florence would be nice now that you mention it.

you and me to florence, then?  only i'm not wearing a fucking blonde wig, right?

:laugh:
Yes, i think a weekend in Florence would be fun. You can leave your blonde wig at home.
I just remembered my passport expires sometime soon too - i will have to have a look, ive not used it for a few years.

Soph

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
New York seems like a cool city. A good place to live anyway, and if you could choose anywhere to be born and grow-up, then it would be near the top of my list.
I wouldn't know what to do there though if i was just visiting.
It was February when we went there so it was freezing. It was good though. Dunno whether I'd live there, I think I want somewhere a bit quieter.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2007, 06:58:51 PM »
I'd like to go to Egypt if it wasn't for all the problems for Americans in the Middle East.  Another is to circle the Arctic.  I don't travel well and mostly don't sleep at all on vacation unless it's camping so it isn't going to happen. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »
I'd like to go to Egypt if it wasn't for all the problems for Americans in the Middle East.  Another is to circle the Arctic.  I don't travel well and mostly don't sleep at all on vacation unless it's camping so it isn't going to happen. 

Circling the Arctic has the problem of the Russians.  They're not exactly welcoming to tourists.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2007, 02:08:06 AM »
I want to go to Australia. Been wanting to go there since I was 15.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2007, 02:21:07 AM »
Japan
I have been there. I took a lot of good photos. When I went it was really hot. Hard to believe it snows there.
Did you go to tokyo or a more rural area. I so want to go to Tokyo, all the gadgets and gizmos.
I went to Tokyo first, for about five days. It is huge and very clean. I liked that I didn't have to shake hands with anyone, just bow. The subway system there is awesome, level upon level of subway. I saw a lot of historical places in Japan, that is what I liked most.
I rode the shinkansen (bullet train) to Takayama, which is in the mountains to the south, then from there went to Hiroshima.
I love Japanese history and I would go there again.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2007, 04:37:49 AM »
I'd like to go to Paris, as well as the art galleries I'd love to visit Jim Morrison's grave.

duncvis

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2007, 05:46:10 AM »
Norway, Iceland, Canada, New Zealand, Germany, Denmark, Shetland.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2007, 01:35:29 PM »
The rest room.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2007, 05:41:02 PM »

Circling the Arctic has the problem of the Russians.  They're not exactly welcoming to tourists.

Generally from what I hear you can bribe them, in Egypt they just kill you.  My Mother went one year to Egypt on an elder hostile tour A year latter is the one where the guy machine gunned the bus on the tour
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »

Generally from what I hear you can bribe them, in Egypt they just kill you.  My Mother went one year to Egypt on an elder hostile tour A year latter is the one where the guy machine gunned the bus on the tour

Maybe if the tours were friendlier,
the locals wouldn't get so angry with
them.