Author Topic: Traveling  (Read 1691 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Traveling
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 07:58:30 AM »
I'd like to go back to New York again.
what about california?

California would be good as well, minus the weather.
california doesn't have weather.
Misunderstood.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 10:44:39 AM »
Japan

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 10:54:10 AM »
I'd like to go back to New York again.
what about california?

California would be good as well, minus the weather.
california doesn't have weather.

If only we could give you some of ours.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Soph

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
I usually like the weather in Manchester. It's been too fucking hot this week though. Although it's alright today.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 11:49:21 AM »
I want to go back to Spokane. That is the closest near me I can afford to go to on my two days off.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 12:51:41 PM »
Ireland, England, Japan, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, China, Indonesia, UAE (Dubai), Canada (mostly Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto), and a shitload of other places for first time visits.   In the US:  Seattle, Chicago, Detroit (lol), San Francisco, St. Louis, and probably a few others I forget that I haven't been to.

Revisit:  Las Vegas, California, New York, France, Germany, Switzerland, Mexico, Texas, Philadelphia, Boston (of course), Washington D.C., the Grand Canyon, Providence, RI., Hartford CN, and shitloads of other places I have been to.   Places in Florida and Georgia don't count haha (Atlanta, Tampa, Orlando and Miami).   The whole Boston to Washinton DC.  megalopolis is worth visiting again really (BOWASH).

I wouldn't want to visit again:  Nashville, Tennessee; Waco, Texas (lol); Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Charlotte, N.C.; and other various places I got bored at really fast.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 01:13:12 PM »
I lived in NC for a year. I hated it. Charlotte was exciting compared to the town we lived in.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »
Some of NC is fun.   My grandparents had a mountain house near Asheville in a place called Hayesville.   We went up there in the fall and watched the leaves change as a yearly vacation.   I just didn't like Charlotte for the same reason I don't really like Jacksonville.   City of about one million people but still is a country type city.   It isn't as hardcore bible belt as Jville though.    I wouldn't mind going white water rafting on the Hiawasee river again.   I just don't really see a reason to visit Charlotte, it isn't like I hated it like Nashville (boooooh country music!).
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »
May I recommend Spokane to you all if you need a place to travel to. They have some interesting stuff in the downtown area, including the park. I will tell you more, just ask.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 03:40:31 PM »

I would like to re-visit the beaches of Brazil and Jamaica, some day. I would also like to re-do my life changing sabbatical, exploring the continental divide from northern Canada to southern Mexico, only I would like to make it to Alaska this time, then head south.
I also want to see more Central American and Mexican ruins.

Would love to see Angel Falls, parts of the Serengeti, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, India, Venice, Austria, and (months in) Micronesia.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 06:32:32 PM »
Some of NC is fun.   My grandparents had a mountain house near Asheville in a place called Hayesville.   We went up there in the fall and watched the leaves change as a yearly vacation.   I just didn't like Charlotte for the same reason I don't really like Jacksonville.   City of about one million people but still is a country type city.   It isn't as hardcore bible belt as Jville though.    I wouldn't mind going white water rafting on the Hiawasee river again.   I just don't really see a reason to visit Charlotte, it isn't like I hated it like Nashville (boooooh country music!).

I lived in Charlotte from 1993 to 2001, and I have to admit that it wasn't a particularly great experience. Charlotte is either incredibly upscale, or total crackhouse ghetto. There was less to do there than the town that I'm from, (Portland, Maine) which is about a fifth the size of Charlotte.

One thing that I couldn't understand about Charlotte is that even normal looking suburban neighborhoods there were in fact ghetto. -- People would readily point out where drive by shootings happened, where the crack dealers congregated, in this seemingly middle class neighborhood.

I spent one day in Asheville, which seemed to be quite a livable place. --They didn't bulldoze their downtown area like Charlotte did in the 70's.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 07:00:46 PM »
Epsilon Eridani.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »

I lived in a really boring place called Hickory.  :laugh: It was about an hour from Charlotte. I agree there's no reason to visit Charlotte, but at least it is not as bad as Hickory, which was in bumblefuck nowhere.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
I forgot to add Bali, Indonesia and Brazil to my list of places I'd like to visit. I'd also like to go to Egypt to see the pyramids and stuff, though I'd have to be careful since there have been kidnappings.