Educational

Author Topic: Childhood memories  (Read 486 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Childhood memories
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »
argh, why do i have to reply next to a lesbian.. anyways my earliest memories were of alabama and my dads uniform :laugh:

You used to live in Alabama, Richard?  I grew up there.

richard

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »
argh, why do i have to reply next to a lesbian.. anyways my earliest memories were of alabama and my dads uniform :laugh:

You used to live in Alabama, Richard?  I grew up there.
yes i lived i dothan, and have family (grandmotherside) near mobile

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 11:06:32 PM »
I have very few childhood memories.
I have nerve damage in my head that affects my long-term memories....so very little remains.
How did this happen?

And nice picture maldoror. :)

Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 06:21:19 AM »
I can remember loads of stuff, right back to when I was about 3, and can recall the memories easily.  I have an extremely vivid recollection of places, and can recall most places that had any significance to me in full 3D colour detail, which I can mentally move through, view from different angles and interact with.  My recollection of people is much more vague, and I tend to mix them up.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 06:32:59 AM »
My house when I was nine months old.  Can describe the whole thing which freaks my relatives out because we moved when I was one.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 06:43:30 AM »
I can remember loads of stuff, right back to when I was about 3, and can recall the memories easily.  I have an extremely vivid recollection of places, and can recall most places that had any significance to me in full 3D colour detail, which I can mentally move through, view from different angles and interact with.  My recollection of people is much more vague, and I tend to mix them up.

Wow, same here, in a lot of ways.
I have extremely detailed picture memory, but I would call it 4D, since I can move through them in time and space, like re-living them. I guess I was fortunate in that I had quite a bit less than a normal amount of people contact when I was a small child. I do associate some people with abstract emotions, though. I can never interpret the concept of kindness or do something "kind" for someone without seeing my grandmother's face in my mind. There are many emotions I associate with people from my childhood. Maybe that was the best way I could learn about abstract emotions, by personifying them, somehow.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.