Educational

Author Topic: OK. Go ahead.  (Read 10335 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: OK. Go ahead.
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2007, 03:14:26 AM »
 :minusevil:

I owe you one.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
Awesome.  Have you seen this video?

That guy is freaking crazy.

It's a little sad for the poor deprived kids who can't afford a piano to play.
 :'(

Damned funny though! I used to work in a music store and I was often the strong guy on a piano delivery. I have daydreamed about a better way to deliver one to the upstairs lofts. "Here, CATCH!"
 :laugh:

As much fun as all that shit is, I would much rather see your interest in electricity/electronics further explored a la Tesla. You had me curious, because of your early choice of screen name.
Although I have a general understanding of electrical circuits it's never really been my predominant interest.  Although, I did work as a printed circuit board designer for several years when I lived in Silicon Valley.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »

Damned funny though! I used to work in a music store and I was often the strong guy on a piano delivery. I have daydreamed about a better way to deliver one to the upstairs lofts. "Here, CATCH!"

As much fun as all that shit is, I would much rather see your interest in electricity/electronics further explored a la Tesla. You had me curious, because of your early choice of screen name.
Although I have a general understanding of electrical circuits it's never really been my predominant interest.  Although, I did work as a printed circuit board designer for several years when I lived in Silicon Valley.

Was that mainly about drafting two dimensional space wisely or were you involved in the proximity effects of specific components and minimizing their interactions?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2007, 01:38:33 PM »

Was that mainly about drafting two dimensional space wisely or were you involved in the proximity effects of specific components and minimizing their interactions?
Generally I would begin with the number of layers I was allowed to use, a bill of a materials, a board outline, and a net list.  I would then place the components for signal integrity, ease of manufacture and assembly.  Some components were obviously fixed in their position in order to interact with other components in the system, other than that though it was generally what would route the best.  It was 2 dimensional, however you always did need to keep in mind the other layers and if the signal from one trace could interferre with another on an adjacent layer.  The final decisions were always up to the EE though. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2007, 03:15:55 PM »

Generally I would begin with the number of layers I was allowed to use, a bill of a materials, a board outline, and a net list.  I would then place the components for signal integrity, ease of manufacture and assembly.  Some components were obviously fixed in their position in order to interact with other components in the system, other than that though it was generally what would route the best.  It was 2 dimensional, however you always did need to keep in mind the other layers and if the signal from one trace could interferre with another on an adjacent layer.  The final decisions were always up to the EE though. 

It still sounds pretty involving although droll and probably beneath your abilities. Why did you give it up? It sounds like it could have turned into a decent job.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »

It still sounds pretty involving although droll and probably beneath your abilities. Why did you give it up? It sounds like it could have turned into a decent job.
I was working there while the tech "bubble" burst.  Everyone I knew was retiring or getting laid off.  We decided that we had better get out while we could so we packed up our stuff and moved out of state.  These days it's a pretty difficult position to get without a degree in Electrical Engineering.  It was a great job while it lasted though.  I start school again next week, finally going to get that mechanical engineering degree.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2007, 06:51:39 PM »
yay!  :woohoo:

:-*

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »
i said that you were a readable poster.  i may stalk you if you keep this up.

yes.  a compliment, dickwad.
Misunderstood.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement.  :)

i said that you were a readable poster.  i may stalk you if you keep this up.

yes.  a compliment, dickwad.
Well, then thanks buttmunch.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2007, 07:31:36 PM »

willow

« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2007, 11:06:29 PM »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »
s-exy as your back is, my gorgeousness, i still prefer your front.   :-*

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2007, 10:15:15 AM »
'ere, tes... pin...  mythological Irish hero - are you sure about your most recent incarnation?  he had really sticky-out hair, and one of his eyes bulged, when he was up for a bit of a go at someone.  not attractive.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2007, 11:52:13 AM »
'ere, tes... pin...  mythological Irish hero - are you sure about your most recent incarnation?  he had really sticky-out hair, and one of his eyes bulged, when he was up for a bit of a go at someone.  not attractive.
Sounds like me.  I shave my head for good reason, any longer than an inch or two and it starts to look like Einstein.  I do get a bulge on occasion, but not my eyes...   :eyebrows:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »

Ditto what Lucifer says about you finishing your degree! Maybe another kiss or two.

:-* :-*

(not sure why it came out curved - must mean something)