Author Topic: Re: ASD Related Websites  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: ASD Related Websites
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »
I still own the domains of wikipergia.com and autismpride.com even though I never put anything up.  I was thinking of installing MediaWiki on wikipergia to make a user-generated Asperger's encyclopedia with info on how to deal with everyday issues as well as info about Asperger's written for NTs.  AutismPride came from a debate I was having with a bunch of curbies who were saying that Autism is absolutely nothing to be proud of, I figured I'd set up a forum and see where it goes, I haven't done anything with either domain yet.

Those both sound cool.  Please let me know when they are ready so I can add links to them, OK?

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »
They've been sitting there "parked" for about 3 years now, I'd like to get something up, but first I have to come up with some money for hosting fees.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »
How about this one: http://www.aspiescentral.com

Me and my friend had set this up about like a month ago now I think? ;D It's fairly new.

Thanks.  It has been added to the list.

Thanks Callaway. :plus:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »
zomg is no more

if u wanna take it off the list

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
zomg is no more

if u wanna take it off the list

OK, thanks, but why did you take it down?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
The place hasn't been the same for months and I'm trying to move on with my life so getting away from forum stuff

too much history there and I figured it wouldn't really matter as there were few members there now anyway

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2010, 11:36:35 AM »
also had no money to pay for the domain anymore

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »
also had no money to pay for the domain anymore
You could always use it as a free link: http://zomgaspies.freeforums.org
Apparently the site still works this way.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »
I thought about that but there's just too much history there. I can't really explain what I mean. I've thought about closing it down before but that was at times when it was quite popular so there was a membership to think about. But now it's barely used from what I can see, except spam. I guess I feel like I've kept it up there all this time for other people mainly, and now pretty much everyone else has moved on I kinda wanna do the same.

I have decided I'm probably not leaving this place btw, if anyone cares  :laugh:
although I will probably be on less

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2010, 03:36:55 AM »
I thought about that but there's just too much history there. I can't really explain what I mean. I've thought about closing it down before but that was at times when it was quite popular so there was a membership to think about. But now it's barely used from what I can see, except spam. I guess I feel like I've kept it up there all this time for other people mainly, and now pretty much everyone else has moved on I kinda wanna do the same.

I have decided I'm probably not leaving this place btw, if anyone cares   :laugh:

Cool, I was just stalking your recent posts to see what you were up to, because I read a post where you said you mightn't be around here much.

You do what you need to though, and if you need a break, then so be it. You've had a bit going on, plus a couple of online friends have probably let your expectations down lately.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 02:14:29 AM »

I have decided I'm probably not leaving this place btw, if anyone cares  :laugh:

That's cool, nice to see you're still around. I was wondering WTF happened lol.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »

Growing up finally are you?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 09:42:08 AM »

Growing up finally are you?

She's out of nappies. Are you?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
I think I grew up over the last two years and now I wanna completely break free from anything that was holding me back subconsciously. These forums and communities can get a hold on you if you let them. I'm not the kid I was in 2007/2008

I dont think that I've suddenly started growing up: I have always been growing and hope I continue to

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
I think I grew up over the last two years and now I wanna completely break free from anything that was holding me back subconsciously. These forums and communities can get a hold on you if you let them. I'm not the kid I was in 2007/2008

I dont think that I've suddenly started growing up: I have always been growing and hope I continue to

Sounds about right. I hope I always continue growing up too.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"