Educational

Author Topic: L Ron Hubbard  (Read 1621 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: L Ron Hubbard
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 01:45:28 AM »
L Ron Hubbard was a total nut case and $cientology is a fake religion.

ALL religions are fake.

Meh!

How about beer at five PM, coffee at six AM and doing a job that feels like play?
I woulld not consider THAT religion as fake!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 09:05:38 AM »

ALL religions are fake.

Meh!

How about beer at five PM, coffee at six AM and doing a job that feels like play?

If what you're describing is a priest/pastor, then what you've described is the perfect con.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2015, 06:14:20 AM »

ALL religions are fake.

Meh!

If what you're describing is a priest/pastor, then what you've described is the perfect con.

I am neither, as you know, but the inclination exists, without a con as a premise.

But I was thinking more about sleeping and waking when ever I normally do and just having fun all day while getting paid to do so.

Only problem is that my particular interest (in audio) only nets about a thousand dollars per quarter. Hard to live on, really.

I am also thinking that if I just suck up (quit building fabulous speakers) and build lawn furniture with my new table saw, put them out there on my EXTREMELY BUSY corner location (with no price tags, in order to avoid the city's permit laws against advertising in residential areas, mind you well - I have studied the statutes - remember, I used to run a photo studio from this location, until I was shut down for violating a city ordnance about running a business in a residential area? True story; one of the many banes of my existence )

I actually think I may have my perfect retirement job in mind. Roll of "Teh DICE" and see how it goes is next.

OH!, I plan on starting with super easy to build and assemble Adirondack Chairs to start me off.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:16:00 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2015, 09:54:32 AM »
But I was thinking more about sleeping and waking when ever I normally do and just having fun all day while getting paid to do so.

Only problem is that my particular interest (in audio) only nets about a thousand dollars per quarter. Hard to live on, really.

I am also thinking that if I just suck up (quit building fabulous speakers) and build lawn furniture with my new table saw, put them out there on my EXTREMELY BUSY corner location (with no price tags, in order to avoid the city's permit laws against advertising in residential areas, mind you well - I have studied the statutes - remember, I used to run a photo studio from this location, until I was shut down for violating a city ordnance about running a business in a residential area? True story; one of the many banes of my existence )

I actually think I may have my perfect retirement job in mind. Roll of "Teh DICE" and see how it goes is next.

OH!, I plan on starting with super easy to build and assemble Adirondack Chairs to start me off.

Actually, I tried to get into doing this along with a good friend of mine. He worked as a FedEx contracter for a decade and spent his money on a woodworking shop in his garage. Most of his equipment came from Grizzly Industrial because they had the best quality to price ratio although his tablesaw is a Craftsman (with an upgraded fence which is a must). Anyways, we built several furniture pieces and dragged them around in his van to various swap meets but we barely made enough money to pay for the endeavor, the main reason being that we had to drive that gas guzzler at least 60 miles one way to the nearest swap meets.

Maybe something similar would work for you. If you don't already have one, get an extra long E350 cargo van or a trailer to haul your stuff around in so you don't have to worry about getting busted for "running a business in a residential area".

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »

Actually, I tried to get into doing this along with a good friend of mine. He worked as a FedEx contracter for a decade and spent his money on a woodworking shop in his garage. Most of his equipment came from Grizzly Industrial because they had the best quality to price ratio although his tablesaw is a Craftsman (with an upgraded fence which is a must). Anyways, we built several furniture pieces and dragged them around in his van to various swap meets but we barely made enough money to pay for the endeavor, the main reason being that we had to drive that gas guzzler at least 60 miles one way to the nearest swap meets.

Maybe something similar would work for you. If you don't already have one, get an extra long E350 cargo van or a trailer to haul your stuff around in so you don't have to worry about getting busted for "running a business in a residential area".

Swap meets and flea markets can be tough places to make money on real hand crafted goods unless they are simple and take little time to make,  people are just too cheep and looking for bargains.  Around here  craft fairs attract more people willing to spend money on hand made items so much so that I met a guy from Indiana who made wooden bowls in the winter  and traveled the fair circuit all summer.   

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 08:55:10 PM »

Thanks, but I am telling you that I live on one of the busiest corner lots in the city (SUXX, FUCKING SUXX!!   Sucks, but I am trying to find a way to capitalize upon this horror.)  About twenty eight years ago, my bro-in-law had the same idea (his Mom lived here then) and sold quite a few flower pots made of waste lumber that his work had cast off.

I do have a small flatbed (seven feet by twenty two feet) trailer, which either my Escalade or my son's Traverse will pull, if it comes to that.

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 09:01:39 PM »

Swap meets and flea markets can be tough places to make money on real hand crafted goods unless they are simple and take little time to make,  people are just too cheep and looking for bargains.  Around here  craft fairs attract more people willing to spend money on hand made items so much so that I met a guy from Indiana who made wooden bowls in the winter  and traveled the fair circuit all summer.   

There is nothing easier or cheaper to construct than an Adirondack chair. I think most of you have missed the point that all I will have to do is set them out on my corner area, next to a bunch of beautiful flowers. They willl GO!

If this works, maybe I will try to make other things, but if it means that I can make as much money having fun, cutting wood as I do doing grueling work at a local Best Buy store, the I am "All In."

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »

There is nothing easier or cheaper to construct than an Adirondack chair. I think most of you have missed the point that all I will have to do is set them out on my corner area, next to a bunch of beautiful flowers. They willl GO!

If this works, maybe I will try to make other things, but if it means that I can make as much money having fun, cutting wood as I do doing grueling work at a local Best Buy store, the I am "All In."

My buddy finally stumbled upon something that sells fairly well, stepstools.

He has jigs that can crank out the parts in about 15 min and he can sell them for $30.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »
 :finger: Fuck You Lafayette Ron Hubbard! Fuck you you fucking douche bag!