Author Topic: Post a useless fact  (Read 61436 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post a useless fact
« Reply #1965 on: March 30, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »
Read something on CNET, last tight, alluding to the possibility that,  "on board chipset giant, Realtek,"  will include DRM functionality in its next generation of chipsets, which will prevent any form of copying of digital media.

Basically you and I will not be affected, since most computer savvy people, upgrade their sound with a PCI or external based card.  However, for about ninety percent of casual users, this will effectively STOP many forms of ripping or copying of digital media.

:hair:

Another front lost!  RETREAT!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Stalin

• Constant Poster
« Reply #1966 on: March 30, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
The circumference of my ass is a baffeling 104cm.
When Stalin strikes, lightning stands still

Stalin has the strength of ten tigresses

When Stalin asks, you answer

Stalin freezes your blood, makes cowards out of strong men

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1967 on: March 31, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
The circumference of my ass is a baffeling 104cm.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1968 on: March 31, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
Did you know that when you full-size inflate an Anaconda.. you'll get an Elephant? (<you)

:LOL:

(surry, but this sprung to mind seeing the photograph of the Anaconda held up by a couple of guys.. in some thread here)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Binty

« Reply #1969 on: April 02, 2011, 11:23:10 PM »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1970 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:27 PM »
How did the other really hotspots happen further north of Chernobyl? Is that from something that was dumped there via air particles landing?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1971 on: April 02, 2011, 11:57:47 PM »
How did the other really hotspots happen further north of Chernobyl? Is that from something that was dumped there via air particles landing?

Apologies if I am having a blonde moment!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1972 on: April 02, 2011, 11:59:45 PM »

You're comprehending better than I am at this point. I think I need to go to bed!   :dunce:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1973 on: April 03, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »

You're comprehending better than I am at this point. I think I need to go to bed!   :dunce:

Don't know how the groundwater streams are there. That could explain things maybe.

Or maybe those red areas absorbed more of the Cesium, and it washed away/diluted more in other places.

Some one with more expertise about the area there should be able to answer this.

Did you know that every year there are swine being declared not fit to eat in Germany because of Chernobyl? Depends on the year how big the percentage is of swine that are too radioactive to eat. One year they eat more mushrooms than other years.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #1974 on: April 03, 2011, 07:09:56 AM »
In some parts of Sweden mooses and deers were declared unfit to eat for many years. Though I still believe in nuclear power but better not the uranium type.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1975 on: April 03, 2011, 07:25:02 AM »
I have a hair in my left eyebrow that isn't as 'soft' as the others. In fact it's really hard/tough.. and after I've pulled it out.. a new one just returns a few weeks later.

(and oh, I have to pull it out for otherwise I keep fidgeting with it endlessly)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1976 on: April 03, 2011, 07:25:34 AM »

You're comprehending better than I am at this point. I think I need to go to bed!   :dunce:

Don't know how the groundwater streams are there. That could explain things maybe.

Or maybe those red areas absorbed more of the Cesium, and it washed away/diluted more in other places.

Some one with more expertise about the area there should be able to answer this.

Did you know that every year there are swine being declared not fit to eat in Germany because of Chernobyl? Depends on the year how big the percentage is of swine that are too radioactive to eat. One year they eat more mushrooms than other years.

Ground water is one explanation. Rain another.

Can't remember if there was an explosion or not but I think there was, and in that case the area is most likely where some the radioactive fallout ended up (which means that the wind was also a factor).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1977 on: April 03, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »

Ground water is one explanation. Rain another.

Can't remember if there was an explosion or not but I think there was, and in that case the area is most likely where some the radioactive fallout ended up (which means that the wind was also a factor).

IIRC the wind was not southwest may 1986
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1978 on: April 03, 2011, 10:14:16 AM »
Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1979 on: April 03, 2011, 10:16:37 AM »
Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

I never knew that. Thank you. I always liked clubs...