Educational

Author Topic: Post a useless fact  (Read 61466 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post a useless fact
« Reply #1935 on: March 29, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »

That punch card technology (developed by IBM) was used extensively by the Nazis.

TheoK

« Reply #1936 on: March 29, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »
The Nazis were the first to ban heavy metals in some industries and restricting smoking to certain areas.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1937 on: March 29, 2011, 02:56:28 PM »
Every time I came across this thread, I couldn't think of a useless fact, until now.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Stalin

• Constant Poster
« Reply #1938 on: March 29, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »
The Nazis were the first to ban heavy metals in some industries and restricting smoking to certain areas.

That's what I've been saying!
Prohibiting smoking is nazistuff!
When Stalin strikes, lightning stands still

Stalin has the strength of ten tigresses

When Stalin asks, you answer

Stalin freezes your blood, makes cowards out of strong men

P7PSP

« Reply #1939 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:27 PM »
I have never had occasion to use CPR training.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1940 on: March 30, 2011, 04:41:26 AM »
When i moved into this house about six years ago i really hated my bathroom.  The sink, loo, bath etc were new but they were 'grey'  (i mean as if i don't already get my fair share of grey)  the tiles were evil in pink and flowers.  So i painted the tiles in silver and i bought loads of mirror tiles to go over some of them.  I thought it would be 'cool' to get everyone who came round to position a tile for me...they did.  No.  Cool it wasn't.  I had hoped it would look 'arty'  it just looked a right mess.  My folks and my friends must be blind or boss eyed.  Anyway i just lived with it.

I started getting em off about a week ago.  Cracked a few.  Damn why did i use 'hard as nails' glue???  anyway im putting them up now, my way, i did have to buy a few more mirrors and i have now fifty mirrored stars (various sizes) for the ceiling.  I am trying to get it so i can see the back of my hair without having to hold another mirror up,  and also my bum to see how big it looks.  Cool eh?

It is looking good so far,  however (and i did't plan this)  when you sit on the loo, you have a mirror in front and either side of you.  Slightly offputting :screwy:
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1941 on: March 30, 2011, 04:43:57 AM »
When i moved into this house about six years ago i really hated my bathroom.  The sink, loo, bath etc were new but they were 'grey'  (i mean as if i don't already get my fair share of grey)  the tiles were evil in pink and flowers.  So i painted the tiles in silver and i bought loads of mirror tiles to go over some of them.  I thought it would be 'cool' to get everyone who came round to position a tile for me...they did.  No.  Cool it wasn't.  I had hoped it would look 'arty'  it just looked a right mess.  My folks and my friends must be blind or boss eyed.  Anyway i just lived with it.

I started getting em off about a week ago.  Cracked a few.  Damn why did i use 'hard as nails' glue???  anyway im putting them up now, my way, i did have to buy a few more mirrors and i have now fifty mirrored stars (various sizes) for the ceiling.  I am trying to get it so i can see the back of my hair without having to hold another mirror up,  and also my bum to see how big it looks.  Cool eh?

It is looking good so far,  however (and i did't plan this)  when you sit on the loo, you have a mirror in front and either side of you.  Slightly offputting :screwy:

I absolutely love it that you want a mirrored tile in which to check out your bum.   :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1942 on: March 30, 2011, 04:46:46 AM »

I absolutely love it that you want a mirrored tile in which to check out your bum.   :2thumbsup:

between me and you it needed more than one!   :lol:
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1943 on: March 30, 2011, 04:48:31 AM »

between me and you it needed more than one!   :lol:

One per cheek then? Sounds like MY butt! Maybe you're part Weeble!   :snowman:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1944 on: March 30, 2011, 04:53:16 AM »
The FOP rendering software was rewritten from the ground up between versions 0.20.5 and 0.9x.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1945 on: March 30, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »
My family name is originally German (halfway the 18th century some German bloke, my grand-grand-grand-(?) father, moved to Holland) but the useless, kinda funny, fact is that when you translate my last name into English it becomes.. Hollywood. (I feel kinda cheesy about it though) 

:orly:
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

TheoK

« Reply #1946 on: March 30, 2011, 02:35:52 PM »
My last name also sounds funny for an English-speaker, both the Swedish and the translated form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1947 on: March 30, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
My family name is originally German (halfway the 18th century some German bloke, my grand-grand-grand-(?) father, moved to Holland) but the useless, kinda funny, fact is that when you translate my last name into English it becomes.. Hollywood. (I feel kinda cheesy about it though) 

:orly:

And everyone asks you if you are related to an ice-skater?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1948 on: March 30, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »
^
^
Ja, Theo Knäckebröd does sound a bit funny..  :green:

(nah, silly jokelet)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1949 on: March 30, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
And everyone asks you if you are related to an ice-skater?

Some indeed do. Morons assuming I'm related to an even bigger moron.

But hey..