Educational

Author Topic: Happiness  (Read 411 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Happiness
« on: June 27, 2007, 06:37:35 AM »
So, I've been thinking about this a lot lately.  How often are you actually happy.  Happy with your life, about who you are, what you're doing... etc.  There's a couple of times that I can remember being actually happy.  The couple months surrounding my wedding.  Friends, family, the honeymoon in a non-tourist fishing village, fucking great.  Then there was the month I took backpacking around Europe.  Completely on my own, overwhelming freedom, girls with accents.  Also, the summer before my senior year in highschool.  Me and my friends figured out a way to make nearly perfect fake IDs back when they first started using the credit card style, so we hung out at a pizza joint every night, eating, drinking and bullshitting.   There was also the week my dad and I spent sailing down the coast of Florida.  Sailing ten miles out at night was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.  That's about it.  Sure there's moments of fleeting happiness, but it never seems to stick around for very long.  I guess it's too much to ask for to have it around too often, take it when you can, enjoy it while it lasts, etc....  I'm not bitching, just stating something.  What has made you happy?  Is this too touchy feely for I2?
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Happiness
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:48:06 AM »
moving forward makes me happy.  i just hate to remain stagnate.

i assume that happy is the opposite of what you dislike.
Misunderstood.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:25:06 AM »
Music makes me truly happy. Drugs make me falsely happy, but happy nonetheless.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:25:18 AM »
Buying a really good book and settling down to read it is something that makes me very happy.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:33:54 AM »
I'm as happy as someone who's been hit by a truck and pissed on by a passing dog.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »
I'm as happy as someone who's been hit by a truck and pissed on by a passing dog.
do you have the ability to change this?
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 08:20:42 AM »

Considering that it's largely down to the side-effects of the new meds, then yes, I could change it.  However, I'm 9 days in and the side-effects are supposed to clear up after a couple of weeks, followed by the therapeutic effects starting, so I'm going to stay with it to see how it turns out.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 01:41:11 PM »

Considering that it's largely down to the side-effects of the new meds, then yes, I could change it.  However, I'm 9 days in and the side-effects are supposed to clear up after a couple of weeks, followed by the therapeutic effects starting, so I'm going to stay with it to see how it turns out.

:(  Have the side-effects lessed a bit, or is it too soon for even that, yet?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »
Things got a bit better on the 5th, 6th and 7th days, but then I felt bad again on the 8th day and today I woke up and felt terrible.  In 5 days, I'm scheduled to double the dose from 40mg to 80mg, which might not be much fun.  Some people feel great from this drug as soon as they take it, but others seem to get all side-effects and no benefits.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
Things got a bit better on the 5th, 6th and 7th days, but then I felt bad again on the 8th day and today I woke up and felt terrible.  In 5 days, I'm scheduled to double the dose from 40mg to 80mg, which might not be much fun.  Some people feel great from this drug as soon as they take it, but others seem to get all side-effects and no benefits.

I'm really sorry you're having to go through that shit.  Kudos to you for sticking it out, though- I hope that you ultimately decide it was worth it.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 02:19:19 PM »
I've been reading about people's experiences with it on an ADHD forum, and few people seem to experience very bad side effects for more than a couple of weeks with it, but the people who get the couple of weeks of horrible side-effects report getting only mild benefits from it once it kicks in, while the people who get little or no side effects and an immediate therapeutic effect report a much more significant benefit from it, so I think any benefit I get from it will be minimal.

duncvis

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
changing meds is a bitch. hope it settles down soon mate.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »
Actually, I'm still taking the mirtazapine.  The atomoxetine is additional.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »

Ditto here. The tricky bit is figuring out what's genuine forward motion and what's chasing your tail.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »

Ditto here. The tricky bit is figuring out what's genuine forward motion and what's chasing your tail.
i know.

and sometimes you need to take a break....but when?
Misunderstood.